yup, he obviously didn't understand rear torque steer. whether you have posi or not the car always wants to go right under hard acceleration. when launching i used to brace my left arm against the door and hold the wheel at 9 o'clock. really important in a stick car. don't move around in the seat when shifting because your body language wants to move to the right as well, especially with an "H" pattern. much easier to stay motionless in the seat with a vertical gate or lenco style set up.

yup, he obviously didn't understand rear torque steer. whether you have posi or not the car always wants to go right under hard acceleration. when launching i used to brace my left arm against the door and hold the wheel at 9 o'clock. really important in a stick car. don't move around in the seat when shifting because your body language wants to move to the right as well, especially with an "H" pattern. much easier to stay motionless in the seat with a vertical gate or lenco style set up.

A few years ago, Phil Bonner, of Ford Thunderbolt fame, explained how he drove and it is exactly as Doug described. Otherwise he said, you didn't know which way the car was going to go when the front wheels touched back down. I found that it was the only way to go straight. With a free arm and holding the steering wheel at the top, you are going to be moving the steering wheel as you pound the gears. You may not even realize it, but you are. There is the odd Youtube video and you see what I mean.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.