Anyone else had this done recently? I asked a few dealers and so far have received price quotes from 420$ to 550$.

Some insist the car has to sit there for 8-10 hours while others know that's not true...

Anyone else had this done recently? I asked a few dealers and so far have received price quotes from 420$ to 550$.

Some insist the car has to sit there for 8-10 hours while others know that's not true...
My dealer wanted it to sit. But it has been stated that it is not necessary so long as it sits at one point for that time. For instance , they do it and you go home and park it. That is fine .

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Not necessary. After sitting for a period of time (around 8hours) the full benefits of the tune will be fully realized. I noticed a difference immediately.
Drive it home, or wherever else you need to go, and don't think about it. At some point you will park it for the night and it will finish "settling" in on its own--no harm to the tune. Just my .02..

Oh believe me I know exactly that it does NOT need to sit at the dealer.

Funny thing is that one dealer told me that it needs to sit at the dealer so they can warranty the work.
Sadly they are the closest dealer to me.
Luckily I found a dealer about 1 hour from me willing to do it cheaper and they already know I can take it home to let it sit.

Oh believe me I know exactly that it does NOT need to sit at the dealer.

Funny thing is that one dealer told me that it needs to sit at the dealer so they can warranty the work.
Sadly they are the closest dealer to me.
Luckily I found a dealer about 1 hour from me willing to do it cheaper and they already know I can take it home to let it sit.

I had my 17Z done for about $500. The guys are 100% right. The car can be driven immediately after and all day if you want. The programming will finish taking root over night in your garage.
Run from any dealership that says otherwise. They either don’t have a clue which means you do not want any clowns there touching your Vette or they do know and are scamming you. Same outcome... keep them away from your Corvette.

The upgrade is very noticeable and despite my initial moaning about the price, now feel it’s well worth the $.

Enjoy

Hello aramis76, I am waiting to hear from my dealer for a price quote. They were not aware of this calibration... I sent them the data sheet about it. Will let you know the pricing. Could you let me know who is the dealer that gave you the cheapest quote? Tx!

... it’s more about the fact that the guy had no clue of what this upgrade is all about...

That's rather common these days ... "on-the-job training" and "having things done for you" ... expectant of just plugging it in and pushing a button.

Then there's the Service check-in desk add-on suggestions to deal with too ... man I never thought those cabin air filters would need replacing so much ?

Last edited:
Ok, ive been getting mixed answers about this. Does my ‘19 Grandsport come with this upgrade? And as a separate question Do I need to have my mrsc recalibrated if I lower the car?

Thank you

Ok, ive been getting mixed answers about this. Does my ‘19 Grandsport come with this upgrade? And as a separate question Do I need to have my mrsc recalibrated if I lower the car?

Thank you

Yes GS your car should be fully updated from the factory. I think you’re good Man.
👍

And no. I’ve never heard of anyone recalibrating for that.

• Informative
Reactions: grandsp69
Ok thank you for clarifying :) people jumped at me everytime I used the word “update” on it because it’s apparently treated as an “aftermarket upgrade” 😏

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.