GM suspension tune upgrade

Aramis76

Casual User
Feb 10, 2018
St-Colomban
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2017 Z51
Anyone else had this done recently? I asked a few dealers and so far have received price quotes from 420$ to 550$.

Some insist the car has to sit there for 8-10 hours while others know that's not true...

coladin

Casual User
May 17, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Corvette Z06 M7
Anyone else had this done recently? I asked a few dealers and so far have received price quotes from 420$ to 550$.

Some insist the car has to sit there for 8-10 hours while others know that's not true...
My dealer wanted it to sit. But it has been stated that it is not necessary so long as it sits at one point for that time. For instance , they do it and you go home and park it. That is fine .

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann

lupo

Regular
Jan 20, 2018
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2017 Z06 (Z07)
Not necessary. After sitting for a period of time (around 8hours) the full benefits of the tune will be fully realized. I noticed a difference immediately.
Drive it home, or wherever else you need to go, and don't think about it. At some point you will park it for the night and it will finish "settling" in on its own--no harm to the tune. Just my .02..

Aramis76

Casual User
Feb 10, 2018
St-Colomban
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2017 Z51
Oh believe me I know exactly that it does NOT need to sit at the dealer.

Funny thing is that one dealer told me that it needs to sit at the dealer so they can warranty the work.
Sadly they are the closest dealer to me.
Luckily I found a dealer about 1 hour from me willing to do it cheaper and they already know I can take it home to let it sit.

ddgermann

6000 RPM Poster
Power User
Beta
C7 Owner
Jul 1, 2017
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2017 3LZ Z06 Z07
Province / State
Alberta
Oh believe me I know exactly that it does NOT need to sit at the dealer.

Funny thing is that one dealer told me that it needs to sit at the dealer so they can warranty the work.
Sadly they are the closest dealer to me.
Luckily I found a dealer about 1 hour from me willing to do it cheaper and they already know I can take it home to let it sit.
I had my 17Z done for about $500. The guys are 100% right. The car can be driven immediately after and all day if you want. The programming will finish taking root over night in your garage.
Run from any dealership that says otherwise. They either don’t have a clue which means you do not want any clowns there touching your Vette or they do know and are scamming you. Same outcome... keep them away from your Corvette.

The upgrade is very noticeable and despite my initial moaning about the price, now feel it’s well worth the $.

Enjoy

Bourbonp

C7 Owner
Jan 6, 2019
Montreal QC
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2016 Z51
Province / State
Quebec
Hello aramis76, I am waiting to hear from my dealer for a price quote. They were not aware of this calibration... I sent them the data sheet about it. Will let you know the pricing. Could you let me know who is the dealer that gave you the cheapest quote? Tx!

Bourbonp

C7 Owner
Jan 6, 2019
Montreal QC
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2016 Z51
Province / State
Quebec
I got a quote from Gravel Décarie Chevrolet in Montreal: 350$ CAD + labour approx 1 hour (120$). The person at the service department is very responsive and explained the process in details. Waiting for 2 other quotes

Reactions: lupo and ddgermann

SN-III

Making the Day Matter
Power User
Beta
C7 Owner
HOT Dealer
Oct 10, 2016
YYC - alBEERta
VetteCoins
Car
His & Hers C7s
Province / State
Alberta
... it’s more about the fact that the guy had no clue of what this upgrade is all about...
That's rather common these days ... "on-the-job training" and "having things done for you" ... expectant of just plugging it in and pushing a button.

Then there's the Service check-in desk add-on suggestions to deal with too ... man I never thought those cabin air filters would need replacing so much ?

Last edited:
  • Agree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)