So I got my MRC full upgrade today and paid the normal $350.00 but on top of that, they charged me for shop fees $32.00 or at a hair over 9%.
For what, not so much as a tissue was used to blow a nose during the process, not to mention it took them over 2 hours for what should have been .3 of an hour. ....
For those of you who have had the upgrade done, did you dealer charge you for shop supplies? '
I would be interested in knowing.... Right now it is having its 8 to 10 cool down rest, although not sure how hot it could have possibly gotten as my dealer is a mere 2.1 kilometers away. Got my oil changed to the 0 - 40 as well...
I paid exactly $450 CAD which equates exactly $350 US. No shop fees ..... but if you got an oil change that may be what the shop fees are for..

Well I guess I got hosed again. Lol.

Today I drove the car and it was noticeably softer in sport mode although that mode isn’t listed for my car. Lol
I missed where it states $350 US in your document.

Do you want the invoice I received?

Last edited:
The only thing I would do is entertain myself by taking that document above and your paid invoice in and asking the Biggest Wheel Up the Chain at the Dealership ...
Why you were charged $530/hr (x0.3hr = $159) for labor that they can apparently charge back to GM?
I would then expect the entire $159 to be returned or credited to your next Oil Change.
Hopefully returned so that the Oil Change can be done at a place of your choosing ...
If only I were in Edmonton, I'd love to be there with you as I inquire about my hourly rate for doing two Z51 ...

I'm gonna hafta ask a non-Corvette Dealer Owner I know if such programing needs a special Corvette Dealer tool to do this ... but it might be all about
the certificate the dude possesses who does the 0.3 hours of "labour" ...

Yes who knows Spence. Is this a US or CAN doc?
I just posted what I paid so the gang could steer clear.
Didn’t need all the !!!! Fortunately it isn’t a big deal to me.
All good.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Yes who knows Spence. Is this a US or CAN doc?
I just posted what I paid so the gang could steer clear.
Didn’t need all the !!!! Fortunately it isn’t a big deal to me.
All good.
No worries there Derek ... it's definitely a "me" thing ...
My motivation stems as a Business Owner who will question the integrity of another Business on service and fees for a Customer (as in myself) who will drive up in a very fine automobile.
It relates equally and opposite for when I drive to meet some New Customers of mine in a car that may potentially have me being portrayed as being "too expensive" for them to hire.
I do appreciate your sharing information like this that helps me knowing that I am not the only one feeling this at times and I too, will often let water go under the bridge.
Dealerships are consistent wanting top marks on GM surveys that follow a service and they want me to tell them up front before filling out an unhappy response.
So, I usually start my discussion with that fact ... state my case and then be very confident when answering one particular survey question ...
"Will you recommend this Dealership to your friends based on the experience you had on this particular service?"

... and all is good with me moving forward most every time ...

Reactions: ddgermann
Had mine done Thursday, and the dealer wanted it to sit in their shop even though it can be driven immediately. Pulled out of the lot and immediately heard the dreaded tic-tic -tic sound from the back. Turned around and had them pull a nail out lol. Great start.

350$+taxes.

I always drive in Tour with Track exhaust as I found the ride very reasonable. I can now drive in Sport more often as the damp/rebound motions over a specific road that i always take have been flattened. Just on that basis I would pay $1k if need be!

Now, the ride is improved to the point that it destroys my C43 in ride quality. Jim Mero, I owe you a beer!

• Useful
Reactions: ddgermann and Nik
Hi sorry I started something and kind of never checked back until today. I paid $350 Canadian, plus taxes. I had an oil change done (as mentioned) and upgraded to the recommended 0 - 40 oil and paid the up-charge over and above what should have been one of my free changes. Up charge was about $71.00 but I got 2.7 liters not used as well. It came in a case of 12.

The shop fees were on the total bill. So the actual shop fees were $38.00 for both the MRC update and oil change. Still around 9%, when asked about it, they said to pay for supplies, solvents, break down of equipment and so on. Hey that's all part of doing business.

What's next, restaurants tacking on 9% kitchen fees to pay for napkins, condiments, plate breakage and equipment breakdowns? Car dealerships are getting a little too carried away. First it started with documentation fees on a car purchase which is around $695.00 now. Enough of my rant for the day.

Aside from that I do find the tour mode a lot smoother as a ride now. Headed to Wisconsin Dells Dells on Wednesday to participate in Corvette Adventures. I've never attended before and heard it's blast. So many different daily tours, from "Spirited" to "Scenic". All my choices are Spirited. Plus we get to take our Corvette on a paved oval race track at Dell's Raceway Park which I've told is an experience in itself. A group of our members did the Fall Adventure there last year and won best club participation.

Last edited:
Had MRC calibration done yesterday--very noticeable improvement IMO. Touring mode feels like proper touring mode--ie I'm not feeling every bump and minor depression on the roads of downtown Toronto. It feels a lot more like my Audi.

Unless the roads are bad, I spend most of the time in Sport mode. While it continues to be as tight as I would want/expect it to be, its feels smooth as well.

Has any one in Canada had the MRC suspension done. I phoned my dealer today and the part number that I got from an American corvette forum was not available in Canada
just wondering if anyone had it done and what was the cost
my car is a 2015 with Z51 option and magnetic ride control.
thanks
bill
Got mine done at Boyers in Pickering. Definitely feel the difference. BTW it was done under warranty free of charge if car is less than 3 years old and less than 60,000 kms. My car is a 2015 Z06 with Z07 package. Talk to Ken, service manager at Boyer Chev Caddilac in Pickering. He'll hook you up.

Reactions: ddgermann and lupo
Big thanks to roysvette for directing me to Boyer Chev Caddilac. Ken is a great guy and the team there knows Vette's. It was a bit of drive for me, but totally worth it. Had my first oil change done for free and no charge for the calibration! It was a good day.

Big thanks to roysvette for directing me to Boyer Chev Caddilac. Ken is a great guy and the team there knows Vette's. It was a bit of drive for me, but totally worth it. Had my first oil change done for free and no charge for the calibration! It was a good day.

That fantastic you guys got that deal. Good to hear.
My car feels a bit softer in sport mode and the steering seems it has not a much resistance as before. Did you notice this or am I imagining that?
Touring is softer I agree. As much whining I did earlier over this I’m glad I got it done. Just wish I got my car at your dealer. :Biggrin:

Derek--I agree, the car feels a bit softer in Sport mode, but still acceptable for me personally. I don't track the car and don't mind. Like you I have the Z07 package but I left my SC2's on and the car was becoming a PITA to ass to drive in sport on anything but smooth pavement, and that has improved immensely in my view.

Reactions: ddgermann
Is that a no?

That’s a yes... although your car has some of it already incorporated if it’s a Z07 car.

Tour Mode

Model(s)
2016 to 2018 Base+F55
2014 to 2018 Z51
2017 to 2018 Grand Sport
2017 to 2018 Grand Sport w/Z07
2015 to 2018 Z06
2015 to 2018 Z06w/Z07
For 2018 (except Base+F55) MRC vehicles, please see footnote
Changes
Major Improvements in impact isolation and integration – Impacts are softer, and less harsh. When the vehicle does encounter rough roads, the structural feel is greatly improved.
Major improvements in ride motions at all speeds. Much more balanced and less abrupt. The car is more poised in compression and rebound, resulting in a flatter ride. This is not implying stiffer body motions, but the vehicle exhibits more a more composed ride.
Parking lot and low speed (25mph and less) the ride motions are more compliant and less jarring.
Handling is more responsive and much more precise. The response of the vehicle is more exact reacting to driver steering inputs.
For 2018 vehicles (except Base+F55), some of the final improvements being implemented for the MRC upgrades were part of the 2018 production release. Thus the improvements for 2018 vehicles are also very significant but not quite as dramatic as the 2014 to 2017 packages.

Sport Mode

Model(s)
2016 to 2018 Base+F55
2014 to 2018 Z51
2017 to 2018 Grand Sport
2017 to 2018 Grand Sport w/Z07
2015 to 2018 Z06
2015 to 2018 Z06w/Z07
For 2018 MRC vehicles (except Base+F55), please see footnote
Changes
Sport also has major improvements in Impact isolation and integration. With these new improvements the impact isolation and integration is better than the Tour mode with the original production calibrations. Impacts are softer, and less harsh. When the vehicle does encounter rough roads, the structural feel is greatly improved.
Major improvements in ride motions at all speeds. Much more balanced and less abrupt. The car is more poised in compression and rebound, resulting in a flatter ride. The Sport mode exhibits significantly more body motion control that Tour.
Handling is more responsive and much more precise. The response of the vehicle is more exact responding to the driver steering inputs weather using Sport mode as a daily driver, or carving through a mountain road.
Parking lot and low speed (25mph and less) the ride motions are more compliant and less jarring.
For 2018 vehicles (except Base+F55), some of the final improvements being implemented for the MRC upgrades were part of the 2018 production release. Thus the improvements for 2018 vehicles are also very significant but not quite as dramatic as the 2014 to 2017 packages.

Track Mode

Model(s)
Grand Sport (FE6) and Z06 (FE6)
Changes
The new track mode is better balanced and response to driver inputs are much more linear near and at the limit of adhesion. With the new Track calibration, the redistribution of the damping in the body, wheel, and handling algorithms makes the car more fluid as it is cornered. The rotation of the car is more precise at initial turn in, and maintains its path through the turn. As the driver rolls into the throttle, vehicle heading is better sustained.
The new Track calibrations increases driver confidence. This, coupled with the vehicle being better balanced during the cornering maneuvers resulted in an average of a 1 second lap time improvement over the original calibration.
Revised temperature compensation tables. As the fluid heated up, during long continuous and repeated runs, sometimes over 100 degrees Celsius (212 degrees Fahrenheit), the damping is effected, not only on an absolute basis, but also the front to rear effecting the balance of the car. New temperature compensation tables were developed to make the balance of the car much more consistent regardless of the damper fluid temperature.
Model(s)
Grand Sport w/Z07 and Z06 w/Z07
Changes
Both of these foundation Track calibrations are included in 2017 production.
The foundation calibrations are solid performers as indicated in the Z06 w/Z07 VIR lap times of 1:55.95 on the full course and 2:39.77 on the Grand Course. The lap times for Grand Sport are 1:59 on the Full Course and 2:45 on the Grand Course.
As explained in the Grand Sport FE6 and Z06 FE6 Track mode paragraph, the new temperature compensation tables are now included in these Track calibrations as part of the Chevrolet Performance offerings and 2019 production.

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.