Was at my dealer, Markville, today and they didn't find anything on their system after some time looking, which appears to be inline with this thread. While searching the internet for more information found the following page which shows the part number, it's a US webpage not sure how they relate to Canada, have sent this to my dealer and waiting for a reply, will see if this helps my dealer.

2014 - 2016 Corvette: Chevrolet Performance - Corvette - Magnetic Ride Suspension Calibration Upgrade

Carlos.

Was at my dealer, Markville, today and they didn't find anything on their system after some time looking, which appears to be inline with this thread. While searching the internet for more information found the following page which shows the part number, it's a US webpage not sure how they relate to Canada, have sent this to my dealer and waiting for a reply, will see if this helps my dealer.

2014 - 2016 Corvette: Chevrolet Performance - Corvette - Magnetic Ride Suspension Calibration Upgrade

Carlos.

Received a call from the service manager and after contacting their techline, as Aramis76 stated, they are aware and it is available in Canada.

Below is the response I received.
"We can do this and it’s a rather simple process. I spoke with GM techline today they were aware of the upgrade.

Basically I need the car here to begin, we will obtain a code to program from GM for $300.00 and then we download it into the car for $139.95. The entire process should take 2-3 hours at the most."

Reactions: ddgermann
Got my upgrade done at Cullen Chev in London where I bought the car. They had no problem doing the upgrade and I will see how the car feels in the next couple of days. Looks like lots of rain here today, so may have to wait a bit.

I spoke to the dealer where i bought my car here in Sask and had them look into it. It took a bit of time but he was able to find everything for how to do the MRC calibration. He said he just needed the VIN ahead of time and it can be done in a couple hours. Price is $350 U.S. So whatever the conversion is on that day i guess. My car is 2017 Z07 package. Not sure if different cars will take more/less time as it is a software/programming calibration.

Reactions: lupo
Thanks for posting, this is very helpful. How much did they charge for the software download?
My dealer did it free on my 2017 Z07. Told me that GM said as long as car was less than 3 years old and had less than 60,000 kms on it it, it was done under warranty. Apparently there are two levels available and I got the full track set up.

My dealer did it free on my 2017 Z07. Told me that GM said as long as car was less than 3 years old and had less than 60,000 kms on it it, it was done under warranty. Apparently there are two levels available and I got the full track set up.
Great to hear! In the event my dealer sees things differently, can I ask what dealer you went to--alternately, I may just go straight there :)

I got the upgrade and imo its the best $450 I have spent on an improvement upgrade! Prior to the upgrade Tour mode was only tolerable and my wife hated it. Sport mode was providing way to many hard hits. Since the upgrade I can compare Tour mode to almost as comfortable as my 16 Caddy CT6 ride and wifey loves it. The hard hits in Sport mode have smoothed out and it actually provides a Tour mode ride when driving easy. Thumbs up for this on but I dare say the cost should have been swallowed up by GM!

Roy let us know what you notice for the 17 Z07. Is yours a Z06 or GS?
I was originally not thrilled that GM was charging for this upgrade and now you got yours for free. Good dealer you have.
There’s another couple threads on this here.

GM suspension tune upgrade

Seems @Riderover50 is pretty happy with the general ride quality improvement so I may have to pull in my guns and look into this.
Ya ya I know... I went on a rant about it but I’m a sucker for “Corvette”. If it’s better... I likely will get it flashed. :Biggrin:

Here is a cut out of information posted by Eric.

The recent announcement about the availability of improvements in the suspension calibrations for the C7 said this:

"2014-16 Stingray with Z51 features new calibrations in Tour and Sport modes.
2016 Stingray (non-Z51) features new calibrations in Tour, Sport and Track modes.
2015-16 Z06 (non-Z07) features new calibrations in Tour, Sport and Track modes.
2015-16 Z06 with Z07 Performance Package features new calibrations in Tour, Sport and Track modes."

Why was the 2014-2016 Z51 not included in the Track mode updates? The 2017 cars including the GS were not mentioned nor was there a mention about the 2018 cars. Do the 2017-2018 cars including the GS already have the enhanced calibrations or will they be a part of a future update.
Quote:
Tadge answered:
One good thing about this Ask Tadge feature on the Forum is that you don’t just get access to me, but to the whole Corvette team as well as supporting organizations like GM Performance Accessories. Many of you are familiar with Jim Mero, our ride and handling development engineer who developed the calibration upgrade packages being offered through GM Performance Accessories. I asked him to clarify the whole picture in his own words. And here he is:

Before I get into the rollout of the calibration, and the questions asked, some history might be in order in an effort to make a very complicated situation clearer.

I have read through almost all the threads on the Corvette Forum about the MRC aftermarket calibrations. Overwhelming is an understatement. This is a complex situation and deserves a proper answer, which isn’t short.

With Magnetorheological (Magnetic Ride Control/MagneRide/MRC), we continue to learn and improve as we develop our higher performance variants. Over the past year and a half new tools have been created to help us better analyze data recorded on the bench, on the road, and on the track. Utilization of this data analysis was significant during my tuning of the ZR1. While tuning the ZR1 I realized a revolutionary change that not only improved track performance but also ride quality and handling in Tour and Sport. A change so significant I felt obligated to not only roll it into future model years for all MRC Corvettes, but also make it available to all customers already in possession of a 7th generation Corvette with MRC. While I wish we could roll these out immediately for all, it takes a significant amount of work and time to execute each calibration. Tour, Sport, and Track for each Corvette MRC chassis package have their own individual calibrations. None are shared between any 2 variants. All must go the same extensive validation process as a production implementation. All will be part of the 2019 production fitment. Including the ZR1 I revised 21 total new calibrations by September, 2017. The cadence and roll out of the new MRC calibrations for Chevrolet Performance were determined in the order they were completed.

I will try to address/clarify the questions from the “Ask Tadge” post as well as the ones I am already anticipating based on this reply, including the ones that I recently read in forum posts.

Why is there no track calibration offered for Z51?
As I stated above, I needed to release 21 calibrations for the 2019 production fitment which include the Chevrolet Performance upgrades. Time allotment was not conducive for the implementation of a Z51 track calibration. A new Z51 track calibration is on my “things to do” list, but my “task at hand” list is much longer.
If you’re wondering how could the base car plus F55 (MRC) include a new track calibration but not the Z51, the answer is; like the base car, the base + F55 was never intended to be a track car. So the calibration in track mode is really a hybrid between Sport and Track, something like a Super Sport.
Do the 2017-2018 cars including the GS already have the enhanced calibrations or will they be a part of a future update?
Model year 2017 MRC vehicles were the same as 2016 with the exception of the Grand Sports which did reflect a partial representation of the revised tuning philosophy.
Also included for 2017 production was a new Track calibration for Z06/Z07 (minus the temperature compensation as discussed below).
As I stated above, all 21 2019 production including Chevrolet performance calibrations were completed in September, 2017. This was approximately 8 months after the 2018 calibrations were released for production.
When we hit our 2018 production release dates, the progress I made thus far was released for 2018 production in Tour and Sport for: Z51, Grand Sport Base, Grand Sport w/Z07, Z06 Base, and Z06/Z07.
So yes, Chevrolet Performance will be offering new calibrations for all 2017 and 2018 MRC equipped vehicles including Grand Sport, expect to see the remaining models released in Q1 2018.
What about the car needing to sit for 8 to 10 hours after the flash?
The car can be driven immediately after the flash. It does not have to sit at the dealership. The temperature compensation will not be normalized until the vehicle has sat for 8 to 10 hours. Where and when this happens is irrelevant. When the vehicle sits for 8 to 10 hours, the temperature compensation will then be normalized.

Confusion about the cost to the customer.
$350.00 MSRP, which includes the calibration and installation labor.

Confusion about dealer knowledge about the calibrations.
I have contacted the Executive Director of Global Accessories/Perf Variants/Parts & Motorsports. After receiving an overwhelming number of questions and seeing the customer feedback on the dealer experience with these, Chevrolet Performance is providing an updated dealer bulletin as quickly as possible.

Now I will attempt to go through each MRC package and give a short explanation of the benefits included in the Chevrolet Performance offerings. Again, each chassis package and mode has its own individual calibrations. None are shared between any of them.

Tour Mode

Model(s)
2016 to 2018 Base+F55
2014 to 2018 Z51
2017 to 2018 Grand Sport
2017 to 2018 Grand Sport w/Z07
2015 to 2018 Z06
2015 to 2018 Z06w/Z07
For 2018 (except Base+F55) MRC vehicles, please see footnote
Changes
Major Improvements in impact isolation and integration – Impacts are softer, and less harsh. When the vehicle does encounter rough roads, the structural feel is greatly improved.
Major improvements in ride motions at all speeds. Much more balanced and less abrupt. The car is more poised in compression and rebound, resulting in a flatter ride. This is not implying stiffer body motions, but the vehicle exhibits more a more composed ride.
Parking lot and low speed (25mph and less) the ride motions are more compliant and less jarring.
Handling is more responsive and much more precise. The response of the vehicle is more exact reacting to driver steering inputs.
For 2018 vehicles (except Base+F55), some of the final improvements being implemented for the MRC upgrades were part of the 2018 production release. Thus the improvements for 2018 vehicles are also very significant but not quite as dramatic as the 2014 to 2017 packages.

Sport Mode

Model(s)
2016 to 2018 Base+F55
2014 to 2018 Z51
2017 to 2018 Grand Sport
2017 to 2018 Grand Sport w/Z07
2015 to 2018 Z06
2015 to 2018 Z06w/Z07
For 2018 MRC vehicles (except Base+F55), please see footnote
Changes
Sport also has major improvements in Impact isolation and integration. With these new improvements the impact isolation and integration is better than the Tour mode with the original production calibrations. Impacts are softer, and less harsh. When the vehicle does encounter rough roads, the structural feel is greatly improved.
Major improvements in ride motions at all speeds. Much more balanced and less abrupt. The car is more poised in compression and rebound, resulting in a flatter ride. The Sport mode exhibits significantly more body motion control that Tour.
Handling is more responsive and much more precise. The response of the vehicle is more exact responding to the driver steering inputs weather using Sport mode as a daily driver, or carving through a mountain road.
Parking lot and low speed (25mph and less) the ride motions are more compliant and less jarring.
For 2018 vehicles (except Base+F55), some of the final improvements being implemented for the MRC upgrades were part of the 2018 production release. Thus the improvements for 2018 vehicles are also very significant but not quite as dramatic as the 2014 to 2017 packages.

Track Mode

Model(s)
Grand Sport (FE6) and Z06 (FE6)
Changes
The new track mode is better balanced and response to driver inputs are much more linear near and at the limit of adhesion. With the new Track calibration, the redistribution of the damping in the body, wheel, and handling algorithms makes the car more fluid as it is cornered. The rotation of the car is more precise at initial turn in, and maintains its path through the turn. As the driver rolls into the throttle, vehicle heading is better sustained.
The new Track calibrations increases driver confidence. This, coupled with the vehicle being better balanced during the cornering maneuvers resulted in an average of a 1 second lap time improvement over the original calibration.
Revised temperature compensation tables. As the fluid heated up, during long continuous and repeated runs, sometimes over 100 degrees Celsius (212 degrees Fahrenheit), the damping is effected, not only on an absolute basis, but also the front to rear effecting the balance of the car. New temperature compensation tables were developed to make the balance of the car much more consistent regardless of the damper fluid temperature.
Model(s)
Grand Sport w/Z07 and Z06 w/Z07
Changes
Both of these foundation Track calibrations are included in 2017 production.
The foundation calibrations are solid performers as indicated in the Z06 w/Z07 VIR lap times of 1:55.95 on the full course and 2:39.77 on the Grand Course. The lap times for Grand Sport are 1:59 on the Full Course and 2:45 on the Grand Course.
As explained in the Grand Sport FE6 and Z06 FE6 Track mode paragraph, the new temperature compensation tables are now included in these Track calibrations as part of the Chevrolet Performance offerings and 2019 production.

Upon the completion of the track calibrations I rotated several of our track development engineers with different driving styles through the cars. The result is what the best balance is based on each driving style. If more understeer is desired, this can be easily accomplished by purchasing and installing
Front Stabilizer bushings (Z51 w/MRC, Grand Sport non Z07, Z06, Z06/Z07) part number 84402110 (available February 2018)
Rear Stabilizer bushings (Z51 w/MRC and Z06 w/Z07) part number 23305975
The bushings are easy to install and cost about $6.00 each

If even more precision is desired, Chevrolet Performance also offers lower control arms with stiffer bushing.

Well, that’s a long explanation, but it’s a complicated situation which is why we assume the question was over overwhelmingly voted for and asked in the “Ask Tadge” forum.

Reactions: flyboy999
Just an update- I got my upgrade done on my 2017 convertible Z06 with Z07 at dealer in Timmins Ontario 2 weeks back.

Roads in Timmins are horrible, likely the worst in Ontario, I also did a road trip to Ottawa and now have about 1000k on it. I would say there is maybe a 10% difference.
Well- it’s only $350 so I didn’t expect night and day.
To me, the last part of the rebound after a bump is smoother transition to the “end” of the spring limit. Initial pothole reaction is still abrupt.

My better half (she sits in the passenger seat...) says she notices a difference so hey, that’s worth $350.

Just an update- I got my upgrade done on my 2017 convertible Z06 with Z07 at dealer in Timmins Ontario 2 weeks back.

Roads in Timmins are horrible, likely the worst in Ontario, I also did a road trip to Ottawa and now have about 1000k on it. I would say there is maybe a 10% difference.
Well- it’s only $350 so I didn’t expect night and day.
To me, the last part of the rebound after a bump is smoother transition to the “end” of the spring limit. Initial pothole reaction is still abrupt.

My better half (she sits in the passenger seat...) says she notices a difference so hey, that’s worth $350.

I have the exact same car so good info. The roads in Edmonton are crap as well.
And yes the copilot happiness is well worth the few $.
Thanks.

D

I just got back from having the Mag ride flashed. The car is now sitting for the 10 hours as required. This is actually good for the car to sit as the great price I was quoted from Sherwood Park Chev turned out to be slightly more. (double) I'm using the time to drink beers and try and forget.
The price was $425.00 for the program and $159.00 for the labor. = $631.27 with tax.
I was expecting to pay about half for this as quoted and let you local guys all know to go here for the best deal...however GM apparently set the price for the flash higher.

Anyway as I was whining about this from the beginning it is only karma that I get dinged a bit... lol

Good or bad... here's the Sherwood Park Chev price. Now looking forward to experiencing the new ride.

• Useful
Reactions: YFCvii
So I got my MRC full upgrade today and paid the normal $350.00 but on top of that, they charged me for shop fees $32.00 or at a hair over 9%.
For what, not so much as a tissue was used to blow a nose during the process, not to mention it took them over 2 hours for what should have been .3 of an hour. ....
For those of you who have had the upgrade done, did you dealer charge you for shop supplies? '
I would be interested in knowing.... Right now it is having its 8 to 10 cool down rest, although not sure how hot it could have possibly gotten as my dealer is a mere 2.1 kilometers away. Got my oil changed to the 0 - 40 as well...

I just got back from having the Mag ride flashed. The car is now sitting for the 10 hours as required. This is actually good for the car to sit as the great price I was quoted from Sherwood Park Chev turned out to be slightly more. (double) I'm using the time to drink beers and try and forget.
The price was $425.00 for the program and $159.00 for the labor. = $631.27 with tax.
I was expecting to pay about half for this as quoted and let you local guys all know to go here for the best deal...however GM apparently set the price for the flash higher.

Anyway as I was whining about this from the beginning it is only karma that I get dinged a bit... lol

Good or bad... here's the Sherwood Park Chev price. Now looking forward to experiencing the new ride.
Last time I spoke about oil a lot of you reported my post to the authorities so will keep my mouth shut but echo @Rruuff Day.

Holy crap Derek... That's about the highest price I've heard for the Mag ride flash... And twice what you were quoted? Methinks you may have been screwed over due to dealer inexperience and them trying to recover their learning curve time.... JMO

Got mine done today as well. Along with an oil change.
Car is in the garage soaking it in now...

Paid through the nose.... But no shop supplies.
:ROFL:

So the car soaked overnight.
Today went for a drive. There is a definite difference in the sport mode on the streets. It seems a bit softer and eats the bumps better. Ride is smoother.
Tomorrow I’ll try it on the highway.

The upgrade is for older C7's with the MRC and is to tune the magnetic shocks to be better with cornering and to absorb bumps better in touring and sport modes. The upgrade is software only and has a US part number. My issue was my dealer service rep could find the part number but said it was not available in Canada. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get this upgrade done in Canada. The newer C7's have this new calibration from the factory, so this option is to bring the MRC up to the level of the newer C7's
If I don't hear back from my dealer is there a Canadian number I can call to get some information. In the US forum, lots of owners have had the upgrade done,
thanks Bill
I got it and heres the document

Attachments

• MRC Upgrade Doc 4873206.pdf
    72.1 KB · Views: 50

I attached the document above! It clearly states you pay $350 US for the software and GM pays the labour !! I paid exactly $350 US !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.