Screenshot_20220305-094925_Samsung Internet.jpg

I understand the reasons for high fuel prices, war in Ukraine, cutoff of gas and oil from Russia, people around the world going back to working from their offices, low production numbers from OPEC, etc. But the real hidden cost is in the excessive profits and taxes being reaped from the situation. Usurous..is the term that comes to mind!

You will have to explain to me why the war in Ukraine or the cut off of gas and oil from Russia has anything to do with fuel prices in Canada. Like I said in an earlier post, Canada hasn't been using Russia as a supplier for 3 years and the gas stations are still pumping gas from 2 month ago supplies. Long before gas prices increased to this extent.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Get ready for another big jump April 1 with another 25% increase in Sunny Ways carbon tax.

Trying not to turn this political but it is time for the west to take our resources and determine our own future.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
$1.689 regular in Fredericton today
4 cents less but with a massive lineup at the Costco.

Heavily invested in stock so I am looking forward to dividends.
When you cant beat ‘em, was always told to join them (except in politics)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rruuff Day
You will have to explain to me why the war in Ukraine or the cut off of gas and oil from Russia has anything to do with fuel prices in Canada. Like I said in an earlier post, Canada hasn't been using Russia as a supplier for 3 years and the gas stations are still pumping gas from 2 month ago supplies. Long before gas prices increased to this extent.

‘seems simple enough

world market pricing is world market pricing

do you really think that the barrel price on Bonn reflects a discount for Canadian pricing of retail fuel?

Suggested winter mod.
Add bike pedals (on the passenger side) for hybrid power
Hmmmm.... Best not show this to the passenger... especially if it's your wife....Hybrid - the offspring of two animals of different species or varieties, such as a mule (a hybrid of a donkey and a horse).

Attachments

• 1646532913413.png
    1646532913413.png
    153.1 KB · Views: 17
I'm with a buddy of mine the other day, and we stop off at the local Ultramar for some fuel. He comes out from the store a few minutes later with a 2 litre carton of 1% milk in his hand. "I know it's cheaper than gas...but I don't think it will run very good on that stuff!" I said. "Yeah, maybe I should switch to 2%!" he says.

So gas prices primarily, and other world goings on have created our first family related collateral damage. We had ordered a new Can Am side by side last fall, specifically for trail riding. However we made the decision yesterday to cancel the order and sit on our cash. There is too much volatility everywhere right now. Time for hunkering down.

• Wow
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Latest world pricing

Light Crude Oil (CL1:COM)​

115.68 8.01 (7.44%)

Seems to me that back in the 70's/80's (petrol crisis) when the price of crude went up to I believe $150brl that the price at the pump was not this high. Might be wrong though.

As

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.