Rruuff Day

Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
VetteCoins
Yesterday in Red Deer, advertised pump price for 87 grade was $1.55.9. Didn't need fuel so not sure where 91 grade was. Gonna wait until the price goes down before I fill up again...hahahahahaha..... :Banghead:

We were paying 1.63 for regular last fall. Its now at 1.94 and going up. I'm so pissed that we pay .27 l carbon tax that the previous liberal govt implemented. That money was to be used to reduce our carbon foot print. It hasn't done a thing. Just another cash grab by the people who make decisions on our behalf....................you know.

• Wow
Reactions: Riley P
Gas has gone crazy down here in St Catharine's also. Went out yesterday and filled 2 five gallon cans before gas went up again last night. I put91 octane in, and was 187.00 a liter. Figure its most likely going to be around the 2 dollar mark today. Was thinking of getting even the lower test than 91, and use octane booster, and we cant expect any help from the government as usual. Raising the carbon tax again should be the last thing our not so great Priminister should be thinking about.

And just so you know, there's not a justified reason for the price of gas increases lately. 1) Sanctions against Russia have nothing to do with it. Canada hasn't bought oil from Russia for 3 years. 2) The gasoline we are burning today was produced, shipped, and put in bulk storage tanks for distribution roughly 2 months ago. Long before any war or the latest crude oil increases. We are simply being fleeced at the moment by the big companies who see an opportunity to gouge us at the pumps and blame the oil price per barrel or the war. They care even less than the government how often and who they can screw over.

Definitely everything is getting out of control, and I agree with you Rruuff, we are all taking a fleecing at the pumps like we always do when the opportunity presents itself like now, and I heard our fearless priminister is going to put the carbon tax up again. Where is his head at? I think we know.

I understand the reasons for high fuel prices, war in Ukraine, cutoff of gas and oil from Russia, people around the world going back to working from their offices, low production numbers from OPEC, etc. But the real hidden cost is in the excessive profits and taxes being reaped from the situation. Usurous..is the term that comes to mind!

• Agree
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
I understand the reasons for high fuel prices, war in Ukraine, cutoff of gas and oil from Russia, people around the world going back to working from their offices, low production numbers from OPEC, etc. But the real hidden cost is in the excessive profits and taxes being reaped from the situation. Usurous..is the term that comes to mind!
Free market price is that price that a willing seller and willing buyer agree on. I am more concerned with increases due to non-market forces such as carbon taxes, gst, hst, etc. Yell at the government about those not at the oil companies.

Reactions: 12cents
Had to look that one up. LOL
Don't think it actually applies as it is more to do with money lending. Loan sharks would come to mind then IMHO
One of the main reasons for high energy pricing is ------ taxes, again IMHO
Look at how happy Kenney is to say the books are balanced this year. Now how did that happen?
Ever wonder why energy prices do not follow downward trends like the price of crude? Yep! Taxes. The governments can not live without them.
Not against taxation per se.
Just that governments have gotten the sweet taste of money in their mouths and are loath to let go of the candy.

5C42FA58-4CE6-48F0-8170-1ACB3259DA6E.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.