I never got a picture of my boy in my Corvette before he passed away, but I took him on a couple trips to visit the family. I just took the passenger seat out and put down a blanket for him. Those were a couple of my favorite trips. I miss him everyday.

View attachment 32894
Truth there my friend. They take a piece of us with them when they go. I never get used to it and feel "less" every time one moves on.

I tell people all the time that I share a piece of my soul with my boys so they live forever close to my heart. Some people say animals have no soul, I don't belive that, but that's why I make the pledge to share my soul with every dog that shares part of our lives with us. Supposedly, my soul lives forever, so I make sure they live forever with me....

C5573B09-9971-4C01-8A5D-685628A23A90.jpeg

STERLING(3) & OPAL(11)..

OPAL is in this morning for an operation....lump removal.
We are waiting for the good news to go and pick her up later.
Then it will be the cone-of-shame for a few days.

graham

I agree totally... Quinn doesn't shed much but Bravo is the epitome of a German Shedder... I'm seriously considering making and selling dog hair pillows.... LOL.... If I had wanted to have to clean my car every few hours I'd have bought a black one... ;)
I'm a dog owner too. Had 3 Golden Retrievers. Home Hardware sells an incredible dog brush that greatly simplifies cleaning hair on clothes and in cars. I've looked for a link. "dirt hook" is on one of mine. It has brass bristles; costs about $13

I'm a dog owner too. Had 3 Golden Retrievers. Home Hardware sells an incredible dog brush that greatly simplifies cleaning hair on clothes and in cars. I've looked for a link. "dirt hook" is on one of mine. It has brass bristles; costs about $13
Thanks 2mny, although he has improved greatly in the shedding department in the last several months. After having him neutered, he shed badly for a few months but has gradually got better. Still not poodle perfect but much better. I will have a look at HH anyway as it sounds like a useful brush. Thx again for the tip.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Man, I thought I was going to lose my second dog within a couple of months, more than I could take. Poor Cleo is 16 she has a bad back and I knew she had heart issues. Took her out to do her business last Wednesday, she fell over and was thrashing about with her tongue hanging out, she was having a seizure she could barely breathe. We took her to the vet with the expectation of having to let her go.

The vet suggested trying some medication before making that sad decision. She has been on the meds for a couple of days and what a difference. She has bounced back and I am so damn happy, would have been so hard to lose her too.

Dogs, man they can work their way into your heart.

Some fine looking beasties folks. Lots to love. :thumbs: :)

That is Cleo laying down and my poor Lola who left us.

IMG_1050.jpg

Reactions: nascar03
murray.
glad to hear CLEO is OK...
OPAL is back home recovering from a bit of surgery. She has a bunch of stitches and needs to be watched so she isn’t biting/licking them. She is taking her meds well and sleeping fine.
So far we have not had to use the cone-of-shame.
Dogs are so resilient to this stuff. ..she wants to go running with STERLING and jump up at the window. All no-no’s for a while.

graham

Do you cover your passenger seat when your dog travels with you? I will have the 2LT leather, and want to ensure my dog won't scratch up the leather badly. What do all of you do?
Yes...I try not to take our 90 lb. golden doodle in the Vette, but once in a while the family vehicles are MIA...so I put an old blanket over the passenger leather seat. He's older and not as flexible/mobile as he used to be, so is not thrilled about going out in the Vette...much prefers an SUV back seat :)

• Wow
Do you cover your passenger seat when your dog travels with you? I will have the 2LT leather, and want to ensure my dog won't scratch up the leather badly. What do all of you do?
My dog is not allowed in my C7 - period! In my SUV she is in a kennel for her protection. I would feel awful if I were in an accident and she got badly injured because she was not in a secure place - like a kennel.:Angelsad2:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.