Here is a picture of our little guy Toby. Sadly had to put him down the other day, as we could not stand to see him suffer any longer. The little guy was 13 years old and the last 3 years was battling congestive heart failure. His strong will and meds kept him going all that time despite repeated diagnosis from the vet(s) that he would be gone in a few months. In October they told us he would not make Christmas, but the little guy once again proved them wrong as you can tell from the photo. Was really hoping to celebrate his birthday with him in May but that was not to be. But at least he got to celebrate mine earlier this month. We really miss him and his little sister Maggie is devastated that he is not around. She wanders all around the house looking for him all hours of the day and night, her tail is down, her ears are down and her head is down. She goes to the little doggy bed they shared and stands there and stares at it for a while and then turns away and finds somewhere else to lay down. It is so sad to see her dealing with the loss of her buddy.
Rest In Peace Toby.

Attachments

• toby 2.jpg
    toby 2.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 10
Here is a picture of our little guy Toby. Sadly had to put him down the other day, as we could not stand to see him suffer any longer. The little guy was 13 years old and the last 3 years was battling congestive heart failure. His strong will and meds kept him going all that time despite repeated diagnosis from the vet(s) that he would be gone in a few months. In October they told us he would not make Christmas, but the little guy once again proved them wrong as you can tell from the photo. Was really hoping to celebrate his birthday with him in May but that was not to be. But at least he got to celebrate mine earlier this month. We really miss him and his little sister Maggie is devastated that he is not around. She wanders all around the house looking for him all hours of the day and night, her tail is down, her ears are down and her head is down. She goes to the little doggy bed they shared and stands there and stares at it for a while and then turns away and finds somewhere else to lay down. It is so sad to see her dealing with the loss of her buddy.
Rest In Peace Toby.

Sorry for you broken heart Byron. We can relate. They are family that leaves us mourning, not for them as the roam and play in a better place, but for us who still have a while before we catch up to them.

Reactions: 12cents
I'm sad to just read now about Toby.
As that bed might not be Maggie's happy place for quite some time, if ever again,
perhaps introducing a fresh new bed somewhere else might help for her to
call it her own and perhaps perk her ears up a little sooner than later …
always hard to tell but I feel I could not go without the idea and be hopeful for it to help out.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.