sbaisley

Casual User
2 You're 10
Aug 2, 2010
brantford
VetteCoins
Car
I am about to start a restoration on a 1966 Roadster and was wondering if people could recommend an exhaustive parts manual as I plan to use it as a guide in organizing part storage as I disassemble.

@sbaisley ...welcome to CCF.
We want to watch you thru your restoration, and of course help in any way we can.
I was lucky many years ago to get a dealer parts counter paper copy of a GM Corvette parts book.
All parts counters use a computer now.
That is the most extensive parts book to have. You may find one at swap meets or by asking at dealers. Maybe you can get an older disc/database from a dealer?
The next best thing may be an assembly manual. That is available from Corvette parts sources.

good luck with your endeavour.
graham

Welcome sbaisley, Sounds like you have a nice project on your hands.
If you are looking for an OEM GM parts numbers catalog, I've never looked for one, so not I'm sure how difficult they are to find. However, I have occasionally seen the odd one on Ebay, and I know someone who has provided me information from the catalogs he has, and the information is very helpful in chasing the right parts.

If you are looking for help in disassembly, and eventually restoration and re-assembly, the pic shows the indespensible trio I use most, plus a wealth of information on-line. It's sooooo much easier to find information on these cars now, than it was 40 years ago!
Good Luck, Luke

Attachments

• DSC06719.JPG
    DSC06719.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 24
Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your project. We love to follow along with someone else's misery and expense to keep us informed. :Biggrin:

When I had my 66 Chevelle I had an assembly manual and it was worth its weight in gold, well rusty gold, but it just answered so many questions. Photograph what you can can come up with a parts storage plan. It will all go well and you will be cruising in no time flat!

There are some very knowledgable folks on here that can help along the way. Good luck. :thumbs:

@sbaisley ...welcome to CCF.
We want to watch you thru your restoration, and of course help in any way we can.
I was lucky many years ago to get a dealer parts counter paper copy of a GM Corvette parts book.
All parts counters use a computer now.
That is the most extensive parts book to have. You may find one at swap meets or by asking at dealers. Maybe you can get an older disc/database from a dealer?
The next best thing may be an assembly manual. That is available from Corvette parts sources.

good luck with your endeavour.
graham
Thanks for your guidance.

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your project. We love to follow along with someone else's misery and expense to keep us informed. :Biggrin:

When I had my 66 Chevelle I had an assembly manual and it was worth its weight in gold, well rusty gold, but it just answered so many questions. Photograph what you can can come up with a parts storage plan. It will all go well and you will be cruising in no time flat!

There are some very knowledgable folks on here that can help along the way. Good luck. :thumbs:
Thanks

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Welcome sbaisley, Sounds like you have a nice project on your hands.
If you are looking for an OEM GM parts numbers catalog, I've never looked for one, so not I'm sure how difficult they are to find. However, I have occasionally seen the odd one on Ebay, and I know someone who has provided me information from the catalogs he has, and the information is very helpful in chasing the right parts.

If you are looking for help in disassembly, and eventually restoration and re-assembly, the pic shows the indespensible trio I use most, plus a wealth of information on-line. It's sooooo much easier to find information on these cars now, than it was 40 years ago!
Good Luck, Luke
Thanks. I got two of these many years ago when I acquired the car.

Thanks. Yes there is a lot of knowledge in the forum members.

Thanks. Yes there is a lot of knowledge in the forum members.
Good am and welcome to the forum.
I did a complete frame off on a 1967 coupe and used the same 3 manuals that LUKE 1967 shared with you in his response. With them, the internet and suppliers like Corvette Central ( there are may out there) I virtually had no problems.
FYI.....my assembly manual came from ...MID AMERICA CORVETTE SUPPLIES.....and is very, very detailed.
Good luck with your project and if you need additional guidance, there are many on this forum that can help.

sbaisley ... what a great project to have going on during these times. It's hard to go wrong with the manuals Luke 67 & others referenced. I used them myself on my 67 Coupe. Similar to nascar03, I also was lucky many years ago to get a dealer parts counter GM Corvette Chassis and Body Parts Catalog for 1953 thru 1981. If your wanting original parts this book has the part numbers and sometimes even the Casting Numbers. If you get stuck with needing the original part number for something let me know and I'll see if I can help you or others out. Good luck!

Attachments

• Catalog.jpg
    Catalog.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 16
I am about to start a restoration on a 1966 Roadster and was wondering if people could recommend an exhaustive parts manual as I plan to use it as a guide in organizing part storage as I disassemble.
I suggest, if you have not already done so, to access the NCRS 1966 Corvette Tech Manual. This is over 350 pages of every bit of detailed information you need to establish accuracy on the build of your 1966, or even "judge" it at an event. The NCRS (Natl Corvette Restorers Assoc) is a vital association to join for any restorer of Corvettes, particularly C1 and C2. Extremely useful in restoration to accurately signal which NOS or aftermarket parts required to be as it left the factory. I used it to restore my L36 1967 roadster.

Attachments

• 1966 TIMJG.png
    1966 TIMJG.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Jcpstrat
Congratulations on your purchase, enjoy your restoration project (I enjoyed doing my 1964-not stock)...I used an assembly manual I was given with the car , it was broken down to every part and part number with diagrams , you should be able to purchase these books almost anywhere (best selection in USA) , also Long Island Corvette Supply Inc. was an exceptionally great company to deal with and their catalog breaks down the parts just like the assembly manual ( at least they did when I used them) , best of luck and enjoy😁

Thanks guys but it has come the time to sell the 66 vette. Can anyone direct me where on this site I can enter a car for sale. I'm sure it is simple but have not been able to figure it out. I can see other cars for sale but not how to create a listing.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks guys but it has come the time to sell the 66 vette. Can anyone direct me where on this site I can enter a car for sale. I'm sure it is simple but have not been able to figure it out. I can see other cars for sale but not how to create a listing.
Thanks in advance.

Here you go but you will need a total of 10 posts under your belt to be able to post your Vette in our classifieds. You have 7 so say hello 3 more times and you're good to go

I have created the extra posts, can see the Corvettes fir sale but still cannot see where I can add a car for sale. Sorry to be so thick.
No worries. Here's a picture of what you see. Click on the 'ADD LISTING' top right of the window. It will open the listing for you and just fill in the blanks and add some photos where it says 'Attach Files'. If you're still having grief, get back to me.

screenshot.png

• Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.