dpoon001

I'm New Here
May 25, 2016
Edmonton, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
1993 Corvette
Hello, last fall my 1993 Corvette's check engine, brake, and ASR warning lights come on after driving for about 15 minutes. I brought the car to a dealership who advised me that there were no codes showing when they scanned the car (I'm not sure what they meant by that). They later said that they 'think' the ECM and EEPROM need replacing, however, due to the age of the vehicle they were unable to source these parts. The part numbers are:

ECM – 88999183
EEPROM – 16184672

Has anyone else experienced the same issue and did you find a resolution? Or know where I could locate these parts?

I am in the Edmonton area and would also like to bring it elsewhere for a second opinion. I would appreciate if anyone has any suggestions where I could bring the car now that spring is here. Are there any shops in the Edmonton area that someone could recommend?

Thank you for any advice or recommendations.

Hello, last fall my 1993 Corvette's check engine, brake, and ASR warning lights come on after driving for about 15 minutes. I brought the car to a dealership who advised me that there were no codes showing when they scanned the car (I'm not sure what they meant by that). They later said that they 'think' the ECM and EEPROM need replacing, however, due to the age of the vehicle they were unable to source these parts. The part numbers are:

ECM – 88999183
EEPROM – 16184672

Has anyone else experienced the same issue and did you find a resolution? Or know where I could locate these parts?

I am in the Edmonton area and would also like to bring it elsewhere for a second opinion. I would appreciate if anyone has any suggestions where I could bring the car now that spring is here. Are there any shops in the Edmonton area that someone could recommend?

ECM - Rock auto
EEPROM - ebay
If the dealers can't get them from GM , they will not spend any time to find them.

• Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller

ECM – 88999183
EEPROM – 16184672

Hi.
I go to a Chev dealership for almost everything. Wolff Chev (formerly Westgate Chev) has a very experienced shop supervisor, Earl Wong. I would book my car for diagnostics (not free and I think they have a set, published rate for this?) and request to chat with Earl once the diagnostics has been done.
Earl will give you solid advice. He is a man of few words but a straight-shooter.
You could also copy this post in the C4 forum, if you haven't already.
:Cheers2:

Hi.
I go to a Chev dealership for almost everything. Wolff Chev (formerly Westgate Chev) has a very experienced shop supervisor, Earl Wong. I would book my car for diagnostics (not free and I think they have a set, published rate for this?) and request to chat with Earl once the diagnostics has been done.
Earl will give you solid advice. He is a man of few words but a straight-shooter.
You could also copy this post in the C4 forum, if you haven't already.
:Cheers2:
Thanks for the recommendation. I brought it to Hodgson's but without much success. I'll try Wolff Chev. Thank again!

:)