VINDIC8R

Regular
You're 5
Jun 19, 2014
Collingwood ON
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z51 Coupe A8
I got to see my C7 today! Dealer let me have a sneak peek. Just needs to be prepped and plated and pick a good weather day to get her home.

I have a pic but cannot seem to attach it.

Thanks everyone for the congrats and well wishes.

As sure as I figure out how to post pics I will. Took my wife over to see the car too. She likes!! Happy wife = happy life :)

For the sake of $100 - $200 I have decided to have the car flat-bedded home. That way there will be no salt of brine anywhere. It was -22 here in Collingwood this morning.

:canada:

Thanks everyone for the congrats and well wishes.

As sure as I figure out how to post pics I will. Took my wife over to see the car too. She likes!! Happy wife = happy life :)

For the sake of $100 - $200 I have decided to have the car flat-bedded home. That way there will be no salt of brine anywhere. It was -22 here in Collingwood this morning.

:canada:

Be very careful minus 22 is below the safe zone of moving the car with those tires. A buddy's cracked last Jan moving it from the PDI stall outside to a flat deck.

@ Motor Dude: Actually at my dealership we dont do any Corvette deliveries between Dec-March either.

I always thought that was a GM Canada policy but seeing that some of us here are able to get their deliveries during winter makes me wonder if there is a process where a dealer can request winter shipments.

I will inquire and see my contacts can share this info with me.

My dealer told me last week that apparently GM was holding off on shipments to the northern states and Canada in January and February because of this tire cracking issue.

Are these wait times still that long?

Owais,

I'm reading here that wait times are up to 8 months...ordered Aug 14, expecting del in Apr 15, etc, yet on one of your previous replies you said that if you get more allocations, they would be for summer delivery. Does wait time depend on the dealer, or on GM getting to Canadian orders in general?
What are the real wait times for a Z51?

Hi Simpleman,

Based on my experience, cnce your order gets Accepted by GM (Status 2000) and assuming there are no constraints to delay your vehicle or stop sale orders etc you should get your C7in about 8-10 weeks.

I have delivered C7's within 10 weeks of taking the order and also 8 months. I know atleast one person who had to wait for a 2015 C7 b/c he wanted the carbon fibre dash which was on constraint. He has been waiting for his vehicle for almost 15 months as he switched his order from the previous dealer to my dealership in Sept 2014. We expect to deliver it in April/May window.

My vehicle took 11 weeks but it took a lot of prodding by GM Canada execs to get it done. I am a little surprised to see the delivery times this year or allocations are not much different than last year. Very popular vehicle still, glad mines in the garage.

@ Motor Dude: Actually at my dealership we dont do any Corvette deliveries between Dec-March either.

I always thought that was a GM Canada policy but seeing that some of us here are able to get their deliveries during winter makes me wonder if there is a process where a dealer can request winter shipments.

I will inquire and see my contacts can share this info with me.

I believe it depends on the temperature in your region. GM has experienced tire cracking issues when off loading vehicles in the past. So with temps in the minus teens for most of the country they've halted deliveries.

I believe it depends on the temperature in your region. GM has experienced tire cracking issues when off loading vehicles in the past. So with temps in the minus teens for most of the country they've halted deliveries.

My C7 was delivered to Collingwood in January. The PDI was basically performed within the service area. Fuel was added by jerry can. The car with room temp tires was loaded onto a flatbed and delivered to my house. There the tires were subjected to about 100 of feet of snow packed driveway. The temp that day was cold.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.