This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

finally,the new shop starts !

That's a relief, eh Doug?

the hvac guy is coming today and we will measure up and determine duct placement etc. should be done by the end of the week. i am preparing a nest for the ol' shark and will take him over this week. i will keep my eyes open for wheel dollies on sale........the set that i have are under a disabled atv .

it is going to be 50f and sunny here today so this afternoon i will take great white over to his new home for winter hibernation. 50f is good as i use sae 30 oil and don't like to run the engine in temps much below that. i will post some pics later. the goal line is starting to come up on the horizon.

Nice start to almost finished project. I like the design of the garage roof rafters, lots of space for your lift there.

Glad that the place is closed in now that the cool weather is here. Nice job, great to build your own home where you want and just as you want. Well done.

well it's been a while since i've had much of anything to update. it has just been too damn cold to get much done and things are sort of in a holding pattern. the vent system for the plumbing is in and i have put up a couple of interior walls. the hvac is about 70% complete. alot of things will have to wait until it warms up some and the snow starts to disappear. but i am pleased that great white is tucked safely away in his new home. with the temp going to about 45f today i will see if i can get some more walls banged together. i don't like to run the air compressor in freezing temps. i'll take the camera along today.

still too cold and damp to get much done. i ended up today only measuring and planning and such.

a couple of large closets

laying flat is the 1pc tub/shower, upright is the 48" 1pc shower. i have to build the rooms around them.

the landing from the house to the garage. 4ft x 4ft, i will build the stairs after i put plywood on the wall, stairs will be 4ft wide as well.

the roommates are snoozing away for the winter.

i'm really getting antsy to start rolling but it's just another one of those "hurry up and wait" deals......what're ya gonna do !!!

LOL, why do you think we go nuts in just about every thread .....

"antsy" to the nth degree. I get that was after about a week of winter. By the time week 12 comes around I"m ready for a rubber room......

Nice pics Doug.....I can tell you're having fun in there and occasionally stroking the white shark....

Another day off the wait for spring..... damn hard to be patient ...

C.

We frame houses all winter here in AB......just throw a little safety-brake antifreeze in your air lines and get those walls done! Lol
Looks good

well the temps are into the high 30's - low/mid 40's finally. i'm now able to work with light gloves on, my hands have extreme sensitivity to cold due to nerve damage. now i can get the compressor and nail gun going to pre-build some inside walls then enlist some buddies to help raise 'em. by that time the daytime temps should be good enough for me to start wiring the place. i'm not looking forward to dealing with the esa - if you're not a licensed electrical contractor they treat you like an absolute piece of dog poop. they've already threatened to cut the power by telling me i don't have a permit, well i paid them 309 bucks for something. finally they straightened it out - they had the wrong address and naturally they made it out to be my fault. the attitude at that agency is horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread