Oct 17, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
C8
Province
ON
Hello all, I know this has been beat to death so I'm not asking if i should get it or not, I am just looking for people who recently purchased an extended warrenty and what did they pay. My local dealership quotes me $3700 to extend my bumper to bumper to 5 years (no added powertrain). $3300 to add 1 year to my power train, and $4400 to add 2 years to my power train. All offered through gm not 3rd party. These prices seem crazy to me. Am I alone?

I don’t remember the exact figures but that seems along the way of what I was proposed. Dealer was pushing 3rd party vs GM.

I didn’t take anything but those seem in line with what I was pitched.

Wheels and tires insurance was 2200 for 5 years. I remember that one as it was the only one that kinda peeked my interest.

Hello all, I know this has been beat to death so I'm not asking if i should get it or not, I am just looking for people who recently purchased an extended warrenty and what did they pay. My local dealership quotes me $3700 to extend my bumper to bumper to 5 years (no added powertrain). $3300 to add 1 year to my power train, and $4400 to add 2 years to my power train. All offered through gm not 3rd party. These prices seem crazy to me. Am I alone?
I believe a number of us got the warranty just before our the 3 year term was up and paid around $2200 For 7 years, 84000 km $100 deductible.

Last edited:
I paid $2800 plus tax for a 7 year 84,000 warranty with GM. I have attached a picture of the front and back of the pamphlet. I already had issues with my convertible roof on 2 occasions and only some of those costs would have been covered, so always be careful of saying "bumper to bumper". I also live in Florida for 4 months a year and this warranty would extend to the USA.

Attachments

• IMG_0532.jpg
    IMG_0532.jpg
    559.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0531.jpg
    IMG_0531.jpg
    515.4 KB · Views: 21
I paid $2800 plus tax for a 7 year 84,000 warranty with GM. I have attached a picture of the front and back of the pamphlet. I already had issues with my convertible roof on 2 occasions and only some of those costs would have been covered, so always be careful of saying "bumper to bumper". I also live in Florida for 4 months a year and this warranty would extend to the USA.
Little off topic…what issues with HTC did you have and what would not have been covered? Thanks

Those are crazy high prices. They make a lot of profit and so the quoted amount is negotiable. You should aim to get atleast $1000 off the quoted price.

The prices quoted to the OP are way out of line. You can buy an extended warranty from any GM dealership, so definitely shop around and you have lots to choose from in Ontario. I always go with an extended warranty from GM, however you can check into others but make sure to "read the fine print" to compare and also find out the dealership's experience with warranty claims made to non-GM insurers. As well, I always recommend shopping for an extended warranty right around month-end or (if possible) year-end, since you'll typically get a better discount when a dealership is trying to make its stats and the finance person and department are looking to make their bonus target for the month or year. Keep in mind as others have said, there's a lot of profit built into the regular warranty prices set by GM, so the dealership has lots of room to move down in price. And finally, don't hesitate to get a quote then take that to a different dealer to better...and keep doing that until you hit rock bottom. It'll take some effort on your part however it should pay off if you choose to spend the time. Let us know how you make out and good luck!

Reactions: Murray20c8
You can contact Don Le at Georgetown Chevrolet in Ontario. He can set you up with a 7 year bumper to bumper including powertrain for $1999 through GM not 3rd party. His email is [email protected].

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid 2750.$ taxes included for a 100% extended warranty that includes the whole car. 100$ deductible. Shop around!

Last edited:
Definitely a killer deal, got the same deal last month from Don thanks to @C8vette19, no brainer to pay $1999 for a 7-year / $100 deductible coverage. The scary cost of replacing a transmission or HTC roof mechanism alone is worth it !! I can sleep better at night for the next 7 years.
Does that include taxes?

My dealership wanted wanted $3178.00 and told me that was their family & friends rate. I told him I’m shopping around so sharpen your pencil. He then said I can knock off $200 if that helps ya. Hence, I bought at the above dealer and the above price with no song and dance or anything.

Reactions: Bunny hop