Just bring chains to be safe ;)

10615534_10152387364942007_5960810760714838887_n.jpg

Last edited:
If any of you guys bail out for some strange reason and the weather is better in Calgary..... just saying it would be a rush to see 6 or more of you pull up on my street at...,ohhhhh about 5/6 o'clock. Sunday. Most of you will be home already or close to it by then though.

Everyone should be fine as long as they drive with caution, just take it easy guys until the temps warm to about 5 to 7 degrees. I changed out my Michelin's for Continental DWS-06 all season high performance tires, which are rated for snow and ice. I enjoy drives through the BC area regularly, and wanted to be ready for what mother nature can dish out unexpectedly. The performance I would rate at very good, but the Michelin's are much better at cornering, less sidewall flex at high speed cornering. I still have my original low mile Michelin's on the original rims incase I decide to do any sloloms or high speed runs. :ohoh:

Reactions: Baby Ray
My tolerance and confidence with a cooler start to my drive from Calgary on Saturday is boosted a bit from Spring Mountain lectures/experience.
I will remember that this is the time to start off as a "calm" driver especially when cornering and
that this will not be the time for even the smallest amount of high-speed performance driving.
Control factors include both hands on the wheel between 9 to 10 and 2 to 3 (control reduces when grabbing between 11 to 1 or 5 to 7).
No cruise-control and my awesome tunes will be dialed up.
I am blessed with a C7 by being able to dial T, E or W mode to assure that available controls are not mistakenly disengaged.
The C7 also allows me to display tire pressure and watch for increases as I start off - if the tires stay cool, so will the driver.
My "calmness" will include heading out just before 6am so that I don't feel rushed - therefore expecting a 90 minute drive to Red Deer from home.
I know that more people will be passing me than I will be of them. I will be there with hopes that my Wife can shake her cold and be able to join with us
(that darn back to school exposure). It will be a tremendous amount of fun this weekend as I am already starting to feel that the time for hibernation
is sneaking up on me. See you Saturday ... Cheers!

Last edited:
My tolerance and confidence with a cooler start to my drive from Calgary on Saturday is boosted a bit from Spring Mountain lectures.
I will remember that this is the time to start off as a "calm" driver especially when cornering and
that this will not be the time for even the smallest amount of high-speed performance driving.
Control factors include both hands on the wheel between 9 to 10 and 2 to 3 (control reduces when grabbing between 11 to 1 or 5 to 7).
No cruise-control and my awesome tunes all dialed up.
I am blessed with a C7 by being able to dial T, E or W mode to assure that available controls are not mistakenly disengaged.
The C7 also allows me to display tire pressure and watch for increases as I start off - if the tires stay cool, so will the driver.
My "calmness" will include heading out just before 6am so that I don't feel rushed and expecting a 90 minute drive to Red Deer from home.
I know that more people will be passing me than I will be of them. I will be there with hopes that my Wife can shake her cold and be able to join with us
(that darn back to school exposure). It will be a tremendous amount of fun this weekend as I am already starting to feel that the time for hibernation
is sneaking up on me. See you Saturday ... Cheers!

I agree with you fully Spence. I have become a much more focused, cautious and only when conditions are ideal, sometimes a more spirited driver since the Ron Fellows Spring Mountain training. I definitely know the limitations and performance of these cars since taking the course. Give Freda my best and hope she can join us.

Last edited:
I will decide once I see the forecast Friday since I need 24 hours to cancel hotel if required. The temp at our place and on the highway is always 2 to 3 degrees colder than the big city and we had an official frost warning last night and it wasn't as cold as currently forecast (changes hourly of course since they can't see past the end of their nose to get a forecast correct) for Friday night. I set the parameter of when the car stays in the garage every work day in the fall based on if I feel I can safely maneuver to miss the animal coming out of the ditch in front me. Around this time of year until the end of November I see animals on my drive to work 1 to 2 times per week and I spend more time watching the ditch line than I do the road. I understand and completely respect everyone has their own level of concern and have no expectation of the time being changed for just my concern.

Reactions: turbozig
Just my 2 cents worth but You guys can eat at Boston Pizza in Edmonton. In Calgary. In Red Deer. Change it up a bit,. O Shea's is good but I think some of you should hit Bernies. He'll love the Corvettes and his Pizzas will kill BPs by a long shot. You won't be disappointed.

Just my 2 cents worth but You guys can eat at Boston Pizza in Edmonton. In Calgary. In Red Deer. Change it up a bit,. O Shea's is good but I think some of you should hit Bernies. He'll love the Corvettes and his Pizzas will kill BPs by a long shot. You won't be disappointed.

Agreed I would be willing to split the cost of the biggest burger in the universe with turbo and grant I think

both r health nuts and that leaves more for me

I am willing to share

Jeff

MikeysZ06 said:

Hey Mike ... stop it ! You gotta know how this works.
I get to drive my supercar with my other supercar friends, in part, because ...

Somewhere within "the vows" of a few, is a draw-back where it is agreed by one party that he shall eat what is mandated
by the other (she) party and speak now or forever ... blah, blah, blah ...
I have no recollection of the exact verbiage in that "agreement" but it has since been discovered to normally include
a plate with "food that my food eats" from a menu with very "fancy and pretty words" followed by two-digit numbers before the decimal point :Mad5:
"He" later gets a little piece of paper to "take care of" that has a mathematical equation consisting of
many two-digit numbers adding up to a three-digit number before the decimal point.
"He" then hands it to someone working in the Establishment and "pays them off" so that "he" doesn't have to clean up the dishes ....

So,
If I insisted on taking on that burger, which I believe is a dare I could handle, that it may be my demise in more ways than one :Angelsad2:
Oh yes, the proprietor of the Burger Eat Joint will have to come to the Hotel to enjoy the Corvettes because
it is also mandated to be "healthier" for us to walk to the Restaurant because I got to drive my supercar all day long :Mad5:

let the fun and games begin folks :thumbs:

Last edited:
I agree with you fully Spence. I have become a much more focused, cautious and only when conditions are ideal, sometimes a more spirited driver since the Ron Fellows Spring Mountain training. I definitely know the limitations and performance of these cars since taking the course. Give Freda my best and hope she can join us.

I will tuck in behind the other "fellows" and when they hit the ditch I know it is time to slow down and go eat the monster burger
Jeffy

Randy(PEP) has brought up a concern about the cruise this Saturday. The temperature for Saturday is supposed to be +15(high) 0(low). Does anyone have any safety concerns about this? Sunrise is at 7:06am. We are leaving at 7am sharp for Red Deer. Should we leave a bit later, 1/2hr or an hour to warm up a bit. Is this a safety concern? OR do we just keep it at 7am leave time. Keep in mind that it'll start warming up quickly.
I've experienced driving at -4( on Michilens super sport run flats) and had no issues myself. I was just cruising at posted speed limit, not driving aggressively and everything went well.
Please post your thoughts.
My thoughts is to keep the same leave time of 7am. But if the majority wants to change to a later time. I'm good with that.
Thanks Ken
I'm good with the original 7:00am departure time and will be there for that. If the group decides to wait a little longer, no problem I'll just grab another egg McMuffin!

called the hotel and asked for special treatment, but cant tell U what it is until after check in

hint it is not a padded room, sorry

and I told my wifey we R still going even though everyone has a nicer car, can drive better, is better looking, and has more brains than us or at least me,

I will take 1 for the team and still go

and officially in for one of those burgers if I can get it cut into 4 pieces as I do not think I can eat 6

Jeff

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread