I took my dog Monster for a road trip in the Vette. I really wish I would have gotten a picture but I thought he would have been with me for a lot longer than he was. :(
He, like so many dogs to their owners, was my absolute pal. 150 lb Great Dane that stood 38” at the shoulder. I took the passenger seat out and he fit in there just great. The biggest problem is that he kept wanting to put his head on my lap while driving because that’s the only he fit in my 85 S-15 truck with the bench seat. I still miss him almost every day 5 years later.

Rest in Peace Monster and all of our best friends from the past, you are all very, very missed!

Reactions: Riley P
Sorry on the loss.... I'm a dog guy have had a dog all my life. The part I hate about having dogs. Their life spans are far too short! My hard drive seized and most of my dog pictures on that machine. I'll get some back if I find the back up discs. I'm mostly a German Shepherd guy. I mostly have working line German Shepherds, but have had several Rottweiler's over the last few years.......

I had to take this one after Roxy's makeover today. She has a Halloween bandana on.
20171031_173729.jpg

My current Shepherd is a Czech bred working line Shepherd. Same lines the RCMP use in their breeding program! Exercise for my mutt is even a five mile run beside my bike. Is nothing to this one. He just keeps going all day. I have yet too tire this one no matter the exercise. I had a 700 Yamaha grizzly, ATV..... Even after climbing a hill about 300 acres too the top. He was like is that all you got!

My current Shepherd is a Czech bred working line Shepherd. Same lines the RCMP use in their breeding program! Exercise for my mutt is even a five mile run beside my bike. Is nothing to this one. He just keeps going all day. I have yet too tire this one no matter the exercise. I had a 700 Yamaha grizzly, ATV..... Even after climbing a hill about 300 acres too the top. He was like is that all you got!

Do we get a picture?:)

I'll get a pic. Most lost in the hard drive crash..... I'm lucky in that my cousin is a 20 year plus veteran RCMP corporal and so is her husband. He was a K9 handler and master trainer in the RCMP....... Cousin is three years younger then me. Net I know the places they buy their dogs from in Europe mostly..........

I wanted to share this little doggy don't experience in the hopes that it saves even one member a significant veterinary bill or much worse, losing a beloved family canine member.... This is a link to Brenda's blog where she has written about our experience of last week with our German Shepherd, Quinn . I delayed posting this until we were sure Quinn was going to be ok but it gave us quite the scare.... If you have a dog or know anyone with a dog, please share at least the fact that all things tasty are not necessarily good, or safe for our furry friends.

@HoskinPlans: The Tale of Twelve Raisins: Or How to Incur a Humongous Vet Bill

Wow, I can only hope for the best for Quinn. Eric and Brenda take care of that beastie, scary stuff.

Brenda thank you for the very well written story, you probably saved a few dogs lives with that information.

Keep us up to date on how Quinn is doing.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
She is fine Murray. The Vet did blood and kidney tests before they released her... No toxic effects so either she is one of the lucky that it takes a lot to be dangerous, or we, and the vet caught it in time and flushed the toxins out before they had a chance to do damage. Thanks for your concern.... Who would have thought one of Brenda's "to die for" homemade butter tarts could have a dangerous side.....

Best wishes for a healthy pooch Eric. Always a scare when they get into something that’s not good for them. You’d be surprised at some of the things you’d think would be ok but can really do damage. Glad to read Quinn will be ok.

42B3862E-95CF-463C-B364-C810C7170977.jpeg
DA89EFB0-57A9-4219-AF9E-A718676CBC29.jpeg
A87A08D1-4ECE-4E62-922F-A5FE46C24710.jpeg
Here’s a pic of my buddy Dave and his girlfriends Norwegian elkhound. A 4 month old female named Mya. I just got a text to “ come out and look at this” a few mins ago.

Reactions: turbozig
I know many of us OCD Corvette owners have beautiful 4 legged friends that we are very attached to and love as much as our 4 wheeled toys. I thought that I would be the first to show my best buddy Roxy, beside my ride in my shop. She is a Border Collie, Husky and Lab mix rescue dog from SCARS, and an absoulute sweetie. She has one totally blue eye, and the other is dark brown with about a sixth of a pie chunk of blue. Let's see your pals!
Here is my 4 legged friend Shelby - also saved from termination - rescued and now our pal.
P1010428.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread