Nov 14, 2011
Jarvis Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1988 Convertable
I come seeking advise from any of you more savvy, world-like gentlemen I have gotten to know on this web site.

In June of 1978 I was wed to my "first wife" Jane. Some of you with speedy math skills will have already figured out that I am about to celebrate my 35th anniversary. This is without a doubt a mile stone, and one that should not go unrewarded.

My dilemma is what to present to this girl as a gift. You all know how she loves the gifts I usually can come up with. (http://www.canadiancorvetteforums.com/forums/off-topic/4328-treat.html) Probably known to most of you, but something I just learn at lunch recently; the 35th wedding anniversary is know as the "fiberglass" anniversary. Hence my dilemma. I know she like to keep with-in traditions. At this point, I just don't know what to purchase.....Maybe a Kayak ?

Help please...caught between a rock and a hard place.

Fiberglass??? I think you have to get her a Corvette or perhaps a boat, a BIG bass boat. Then again any girl with a lawnmower probably has all that she needs so I suggest you tilt the gift heavily in your favor. :)

Fishing rod??

Hot tub??

Water slide??

Swimming pool??

Sauna??

But my hat off to you Brian for reaching this point, never had a chance to meet Mrs. CB but best wishes on this day to you both!

Cheers,

Garry

Don't know about the "fiberglass anniversary". but:

35th Traditional Anniversary Gift: CORAL
Modern Gift: JADE
Gemstone: EMERALD

Angel-skin coral is considered one of the most valuable of all coral. It is found near Japan
Found near Italy, blood coral is the most expensive coral in the world.

How about a 1 week trip to either Japan or Italy, or is that too extravagent?

I've gone the canoe and kayak route. If your wife is anything like mine. The Corvette will put a big smile on her face. Big smiles don't come cheap. What a terrible position for you to be in with no way out. ;) After being married for 42 years, I'm a seasoned veteran at keeping Mama happy. :)

Don't know about the "fiberglass anniversary". but:

35th Traditional Anniversary Gift: CORAL
Modern Gift: JADE
Gemstone: EMERALD

Angel-skin coral is considered one of the most valuable of all coral. It is found near Japan
Found near Italy, blood coral is the most expensive coral in the world.

How about a 1 week trip to either Japan or Italy, or is that too extravagent?
Very informative .

well brian, in keeping with the fibreglass anniversary tradition, perhaps you could take her for ice cream in the vette after she's finished cutting the grass. that would show her what a hopeless romantic you really are and is sure to score big points !!!:D

well brian, in keeping with the fibreglass anniversary tradition, perhaps you could take her for ice cream in the vette after she's finished cutting the grass. that would show her what a hopeless romantic you really are and is sure to score big points !!!:D

Now your talking..... I wonder if you can get a fiberglass waffle cone?:rofl:

First of all Congrats. Now strip down to yer birthday suit.........have someone tripple wrap you with fiberglass tape.........go to yer local autobody shop and color match ya to yer yellow C4.......thats right buddy yer gettin 3 coats of yellow and 2 clear coats.....now show up color corordinated in yer C4 and take her to her favorite place..........its all about romance buddy and I'm sure it will be a win win for you and her................Oh I really hope this helps. Congrats.

You gettin' soft on us Brian? -- I thought this would have been easy for you.:

A new mower, new dishwasher, or subscription renewal to Corvette magazine should have been an easy choice.:rofl:

In any case a hearty congrats to you and Jane on your 35th.

C.

Can't think of anything to suggest but I will add my congratulations to you and Jane on your 35th. :)

Congrats to you and Jane, she is such a lucky lady to have such a romantic in her life ... maybe a new f/g leaf blower so she can blow the grass off the driveway after she cuts it, she can use it to dry the C4 after she washes it too...

Congratulations to you for 35 years Brian. I will be celebrating my 25th this year and so my wife said she wanted something silver. Well I wasn't about to disappoint her so I brought home a blade silver Corvette. I tell her everyday that she is a lucky woman, she has a husband who listens.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.