Alright the offer was sent with a few more 100$ bills than what I just stated.

About the grand sport in Edmonton I dropped the idea, it was mighty tempting but I would of needed tires because they'd crack during the cold weather transport across Canada. Add to that, shipping fees so it would end up costing over 77K. Way way over my max budget.

Sounds like this one is actually a private sale. That changes the selling/buying dynamics considerably. The owner will be making the final decision on the selling price and you don't even get to bargain with him man to man. It's like a consignment deal, but the salesman probably has even less leeway. Also, with a private seller, you are far more likely to hear that "insulting offer" line again.

Not to be a downer, but don't be surprised if it comes back as a "no thank you"....

Last edited:
Sounds like this one is actually a private sale. That changes the selling/buying dynamics considerably. The owner will be making the final decision on the selling price and you don't even get to bargain with him man to man. It's like a consignment deal, but the salesman probably has even less leeway.

Not to be a downer, but don't be surprised if it comes back as a "no thank you"....

I think you're absolutely right. I'm not familiar with consignment sales but since the private owner is the one who says yes on no my offer will seem ridiculous. French Quebecers are known for being very stubborn and firm on prices. Oh well too late now the offer was sent.

Last edited:
I think you're absolutely right. I'm not familiar with consignment sales but since the private owner is the one who says yes on no my offer will seem ridiculous. French Quebecers are known for being very stubborn and firm on prices. Oh well too late now the offer was sent.
What?!?!

Francophones are stubborn?!?!?

Why wasn't I told this sooner?

LOL!

Jokes aside, I have a lot of friends who are Quebecers (military tends to "blenderize" together people of different cultures). Good people. One or two I consider as close as a brother and would do nearly anything for them....

Reactions: Tango
Yes I agree...I was in the 9th squadron Combat Engineers in the reserves a very long time ago...Check your PM
29 years. RCAF. Search and Rescue. Made it to MWO before they broke me so bad they "golden parachuted" me out the door.

Checked my PM. Didn't respond because I can't tell you anything on the specifics of the vehicle or if it's a good deal or not. You need one of the more "C7 savvy" guys to look at that for help.

I will have my 2015 2LT Coupe up for sale in the spring. Original owner, Z51 with magnetic ride, 7 speed manual, Crystal Red Tintcoat, and chrome wheels with approximately 23,000 kms. 50k seems a fair price from what I have seen out there.

dncc58 – I’m in Ottawa and actively looking for a Z51/FE4/M7. We should talk.

why cannot you speak with the real owner to find out some stuff,

makes no sense to me
Hey ... on the topic of “speaking with” ... who are you 😂

...however I concur with your comment wondering that as well.
It has to be frustrating trying to deal via what appears to be a consignment of sort...
no hands on front line work for the seller and not very "personal" for the buyer

I'm curious now on a side note (no intent to derail) in that when in alberta,
personal private vehicle selling involves no gst add-on.
but might it not be exempt if through a consignment dealer.

Last edited:
why cannot you speak with the real owner to find out some stuff,

makes no sense to me
Hey ... on the topic of “speaking with” ... who are you 😂

...however I concur with your comment wondering that as well. It has to be frustrating trying to deal via what appears to be a consignment of sort...

When my offer gets rejected today hopefully still wanting to "parler" and not using the F-U button I'll ask if he wants to chat. It may be a person who's too busy at work and doesn't have time for buyers or he might be afraid to be caught up in a fraud scheme by posting it himself?

It could also be that the original owner has a deal in place and the dealership isn't willing to give him what he wants for his trade, so he's selling it on consignment to get what he actually wants. We've done this before.

• Informative
Reactions: Tango and YFCvii
It could also be that the original owner has a deal in place and the dealership isn't willing to give him what he wants for his trade, so he's selling it on consignment to get what he actually wants. We've done this before.

I think you are right on the money. I just spoke with the owner of the car he didn't say specifically but he said the dealer was going to buy it anyway because he ordered a C8. My assumption he thinks the dealer isn't offering him enough cash for it. He also told me it's a ballad car and doesn't drive it crazily. I think I'll take it.

So he's only dropping the price a 1000$ and says the tires are good for one summer. I disagree but...

I called my tire guy and the same exact tires would run installed and tax included :
Michelin super sport 1941$
Michelin AS4 (AS3 is discontinued) 2042$
Firestone Indy 1230$

b3f6f9b8-0250-4e59-b89c-2c62d5f9853a.jpg

b16da8c0-ebb3-4db9-b509-66f627ff6621.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 12cents
The car looks quite nice. Has the black wheels, spoiler front and rear, and rockers and the front grill strip is blacked out. I'm guessing that's an extra $2,000 spent. Is the roof clear or carbon? If it has NPP that's another $1,500. Good luck.

Good for you.
Check with all the tire supply resources for “supply only” like 1010tire and costco and canadian tire etc ... and wait until the tire discount season to buy (it can save another $70 or so). Then take your rubber for installing at a reputable place (as i would not recommend that costco does it at all).
Discount season is usually in the spring and in the fall.
Let us know when its yours 👍🏻
Great you got to chat with the owner too.

i believe the AS4 is the new all season tire that has come out for the C8 ... i am waiting for them as my replacement tire 👍🏻

Reactions: Tango
The car looks quite nice. Has the black wheels, spoiler front and rear, and rockers and the front grill strip is blacked out. I'm guessing that's an extra $2,000 spent. Is the roof clear or carbon? If it has NPP that's another $1,500. Good luck.

2LT, dressed with the ZF1 package*spoilers, rear Z51 wing), red calipers, carbon fiber roof top, front camera, magnetic control ride, data recorder. 7 year extended warranty. Edit : I forgot performance exhaust!!

Here's the link :

Last edited:
Congrats on the purchase!

I cannot recommend Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 enough. I've used them on every car I've owned and they are phenomenal tires for the price. I have had more grip in the wet with these tires than any other I've tried and they grip for days in the dry. I have even used them on the track and found them to be very progressive and forgiving when you're pushing their limits.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil
Good for you.
Check with all the tire supply resources for “supply only” like 1010tire and costco and canadian tire etc ... and wait until the tire discount season to buy (it can save another $70 or so). Then take your rubber for installing at a reputable place (as i would not recommend that costco does it at all).
Discount season is usually in the spring and in the fall.
Let us know when its yours 👍🏻
Great you got to chat with the owner too.

i believe the AS4 is the new all season tire that has come out for the C8 ... i am waiting for them as my replacement tire 👍🏻

Tell me what you think and I'm calling the salesman right now.

Congrats on the purchase!

I cannot recommend Firestone Firehawk Indy 500. I've used them on every car I've owned and they are phenomenal tires for the price. I have had more grip in the wet with these tires than any other I've tried and they grip for days in the dry. I have even used them on the track and found them to be very progressive and forgiving when you're pushing their limits.

Not purchased yet.... You recommend or you don't recommend the Firehawks? Your post contradicts itself.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread