@nas
I found another car, not the exterior color I want but the rest has very cool options. I called the dealer this morning, he sent me an email without the paperwork attachment, I emailed back, no response. I called in the afternoon and now the secretary says he's not in today, I said what? I spoke to him not too long ago and she won't let me talk to another salesman even though I told her I was prepared to make an offer. I called his cell and it goes straight to voicemail. What the heck no one in that place wants to sell a car today?
Sales Manager time ... thats exactly what they are there for. Have him/her tell you ... don't let the receptionist control the relationship.

Reactions: Tango
I'm calling back right now. What a run around, I'm getting a tour of phone numbers. Ok the guy forgot his cell at home and he called me back. He forgot to attach the spec to the email and last but not least while I'm on the phone with him he emailed me to another carrier. Haha, what a circus.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: YFCvii
It's a non smoker car and extended 7 year warranty or 60 000km Minus 100$ deductible every time it's brought in. I'm making an offer today. The car doesn't belong to the dealer but to one of their valued customer or something. The car is at the customer's house.

I'm thinking I should tell the salesman right now about the tires that need to be replaced because they are completely worn out. My offer is going to be 2K lower than what I had planned originally. If I offer 2K less than what I had in mind he'll probably be insulted. Or should I ask them to replace the tires?

Last edited:
It's a non smoker car and extended 7 year warranty or 60 000km Minus 100$ deductible every time it's brought in. I'm making an offer today. The car doesn't belong to the dealer but to one of their valued customer or something. The car is at the customer's house.

I'm thinking I should tell the salesman right now about the tires that need to be replaced because they are completely worn out. My offer is going to be 2K lower than what I had planned originally. If I offer 2K less than what I had in mind he'll probably be insulted. Or should I ask them to replace the tires?
Your choice on the tires. If you price it out of the deal, then you can choose the replacement rubber. If you make then replace the rubber, well, I wonder how much effort they will put into it and where/who will be messing around with your wheels. I would try to price the tires out of their work and adjust the offer accordingly.
Now saying this, a C6 I helped to privately sell had new rubber put on before we put it on the market. I am obviously a different type of seller and perhaps reason why it sold quick and simple to a happy buyer.
Too bad this seller didn't take it out of the equation but I know people sell without putting one more dollar into it.

Reactions: Tango
What car is it? How do you know the tires need to be replaced?
Your choice on the tires. If you price it out of the deal, then you can choose the replacement rubber. If you make then replace the rubber, well, I wonder how much effort they will put into it and where/who will be messing around with your wheels. I would try to price the tires out of their work and adjust the offer accordingly.
Now saying this, a C6 I helped to privately sell had new rubber put on before we put it on the market. I am obviously a different type of seller and perhaps reason why it sold quick and simple to a happy buyer.
Too bad this seller didn't take it out of the equation but I know people sell without putting one more dollar into it.

I'm not posting a link yet until either it falls apart or I get it, I just don't want to jinx it. Stingray dressed like a zf1...There's a close up of the rear tire and I was able to find what brand it was and compared them. The side sipes are gone. Good point on me choosing the tires because they'd put the cheapest they can find. My original idea was to offer 3500$ less than asking price but when I tried to check tire prices and I didn't find a whole lot in the short time I spent late last night but it seems they cost about 1600$?? for a set plus install plus 15% tax. So that means a lowball offer of 5400$ than asking price.

I think they are original from factory?
Front : 19x8.5 ET 56mm
P245/35ZR19 (89Y) SL Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport® ZP
Rear : 20x10 ET 79mm
P285/30ZR20 (95Y) SL Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport® ZP

if the tires are cup2's...who knows.... they look balder than a babies $ss from factory...... just saying...... remember if you're picking tires go with AS3's or an all season vs SS's or cup2's unless you drive like a bat out of hell or track it!!!:Reddevil:

Brand new cup 2

Screenshot_20200106-181327.jpg

if the tires are cup2's...who knows.... they look balder than a babies $ss from factory...... just saying...... remember if you're picking tires go with AS3's or an all season vs SS's or cup2's unless you drive like a bat out of hell or track it!!!:Reddevil:

That will be more research on my part, I'm clueless on sports tires. I've only had 4runners built for offroad and this stock one I daily drive. But I can assure you I'm doing only pulls alone and go for scenery routes, the GF won't tolerate it. She nags when I go 10km/hr over.:Arghh::Arghh:

They look good to me as well just from what is shown in the photo ... 👍🏻
agree tread depth will be the answer
As visually there is no chords showing and no flatten/worn out grooves on outer edges. However ... I am only a Corvette Owner - not tire expert. 🤪

If the tires are worn out, they will be replaced at the dealer's cost to have to safetied. If they do need to be replaced, you can request they install a tire of your choice. I've got customers doing this from time to time.

Just went to garage now and Here are my two 3lt stingrays back driver tires. One C7 with 20,000 km And another with under 10,000 km for you to compare ... we watch burnouts but do not do them ourselves (other peoples money) 😂👍🏻
07E7D194-F0EF-4CBF-989A-BB2DB84E46AA.jpeg
5B44987A-B3E9-4D7D-B0B8-A0C0B815AC21.jpeg

(Hmmm 🤔 gonna have to ask the wife to clean behind her wheels a bit better 😂)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: frankmp and Tango
If the tires are worn out, they will be replaced at the dealer's cost to have to safetied. If they do need to be replaced, you can request they install a tire of your choice. I've got customers doing this from time to time.

No safety check in Quebec unless its purchased from another province so it won't be safetied.... It's not the dealer's car he said but from a valued customer, should I be concerned?

Here's a nice picture I found to compare. I don't know what's the limit but I think they are too far gone, on dry pavement they might be okay but if it starts to rain I'd be worried.

SS.jpg

If the car is what you really want, should the entire deal hinge just on the tires? I'd be more interested to ensure the car is mechanically sound and has no electrical issues. Tires are a small $$$ compared to some other items on the car. Just my 21/2 cents.

Reactions: Phil and YFCvii
If the car is what you really want, should the entire deal hinge just on the tires? I'd be more interested to ensure the car is mechanically sound and has no electrical issues. Tires are a small $$$ compared to some other items on the car. Just my 21/2 cents.
The tires likely still have some life in them so covering full replacement price would be a stretch. I’d get 1/2 covered if possible and of course, make sure this is your only issue that would not be warranty covered (as mentioned in quoted message) 👍🏻

Barring burnouts, the fronts will be the first to go. Inside edge chaffed to the cords at 20 to 30,000 km unless the owner had the camber/caster backed off from factory settings.

It doesn't hinge on the tires, it has to do with my opening bid. If I start off 5400$ below asking price that's because I think I'll have to buy a new set of tires(2K approx). He could just say F-U, Corvette owners who are selling their cars are very passionate and can just forget you in an instant! I'm just going to start with that number and mention the tires need to be changed and it's the reason why my offer is the way it is. Ok here goes.

Reactions: tyho
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.