Tango, if you like a plain 1lt m7 in black I think this is a smoking deal with super low mileage....

2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray - Touch Screen,

Thanks for looking for me but it's black on black and no performance exhaust.

Gotta be a member of the club to see anything. Let me know if he posted it somewhere else.

By the way I called the dealer for the grand sport 5 hours ago to send me the pedigree of the car and possible shipper but no news yet.

Sorry was away .
This is all the info that there is, you can join the Group easily by sending a request, perhaps you can try contacting her directly using the info I provided
Norma Rombouts shared her first post.
New member · 7 hrs
Z51 2LT, Watkins Glen Grey, Auto, Extended Warranty, Accident-free, mint condition, 18,000 km
Image may contain: car and outdoor
$54,000
2017 Corvette Stingray
Ottawa, ON

1 comment

Reactions: Tango and frankmp
Just a little info to help with your decision when I was looking for my vette earlier this year I found a 2018 Z51 stingray grey in colour 2lt interior not red seats though I believe 3000km on it extended warranty and a full xpel wrap for 57k no taxes looked to be in mint condition I almost went for it but decided to get my 2016 ZO6 instead. They are good deals out there take your time and enjoy the hunt and good luck

I'm finally shopping for a 2014-15 model and it seems there are very few in Quebec/Ontario and most of them sold by dealers. The ones I've seen seem to me are over priced way more than they should be. Dealers are in the 50K to 55K and some site suggest they are worth around 42K. What normal price range is for let's say a 1LT or 2LT manual?

I highly doubt if I go to a dealer and it takes me 6 hours to get there he'll drop the price that much.

What are my options, wait for a private seller to post one for sale, over pay at the dealer or somehow shop on the US side? Buying on the US side with our poor currency might not be too good after all but I've seen many between 35K to 42K.
I'm finally shopping for a 2014-15 model and it seems there are very few in Quebec/Ontario and most of them sold by dealers. The ones I've seen seem to me are over priced way more than they should be. Dealers are in the 50K to 55K and some site suggest they are worth around 42K. What normal price range is for let's say a 1LT or 2LT manual?

I highly doubt if I go to a dealer and it takes me 6 hours to get there he'll drop the price that much.

What are my options, wait for a private seller to post one for sale, over pay at the dealer or somehow shop on the US side? Buying on the US side with our poor currency might not be too good after all but I've seen many between 35K to 42K.

I will have my 2015 2LT Coupe up for sale in the spring. Original owner, Z51 with magnetic ride, 7 speed manual, Crystal Red Tintcoat, and chrome wheels with approximately 23,000 kms. 50k seems a fair price from what I have seen out there.

Since you have a very specific “want” list and you’re dealing with used or “left over” stock, I suggest you get ready for a long wait before finding what you want.

or, you can take a suggestion that was made earlier in the thread:

Find the car with the options list you want at the lowest price you can. I mean the physical options, like 3LT package, camera, etc. Ignore things like color, at least color in the places where you can change it. Then, take the money you “saved” by not getting raped on the exact car you wanted and have the car painted the color you want or buy some upholstery in the color you want (ie:katskinz, etc).

Worse case scenario?

You end up with a car that you want at (or below) what you wanted to pay and the paint is as fresh and clean as it gets. Any car you buy used is going to have a scrape or swirl in it’s paint. Or, you have a used car with fresh leather seats. This way, even though it may be used, you start with the cosmetics fresh.

Just something to think about.

:)

Reactions: Tango
Paint will run you between 8k and 12k. Any cheaper and you will see brush marks... lol... There are lots of used out there not scraped and scratched up. Mine has 21,000 on it and repeatedly gets listed as "Showroom" at show and shines. But Tour is correct. You may have a bit of a wait if you hold out for too much, especially in the way of colour requirements. And especially this time of year.

Paint will run you between 8k and 12k. Any cheaper and you will see brush marks... lol... There are lots of used out there not scraped and scratched up. Mine has 21,000 on it and repeatedly gets listed as "Showroom" at show and shines. But Tour is correct. You may have a bit of a wait if you hold out for too much, especially in the way of colour requirements. And especially this time of year.
I can’t believe anyone would consider painting a low mileage C7 for the simple reason it’s not the right colour. The only time you would paint is if you were doing a full frame off restoration. The car will never be the same and you will be throwing away money at resale time. A repaint is never as good as factory original. Simply IMO. Better to wrap if you want a different colour as it’s not permanent.

I can’t believe anyone would consider painting a low mileage C7 for the simple reason it’s not the right colour. The only time you would paint is if you were doing a full frame off restoration. The car will never be the same and you will be throwing away money at resale time. A repaint is never as good as factory original. Simply IMO. Better to wrap if you want a different colour as it’s not permanent.
nothing wrong with a quality aftermarket paint job. Get the right people and it’s better than factory.

Factory does a decent job for mass production, but a higher end shop will prep and spray, then knock down the orange peel in the clear, wet-sand and polish. Comes out smooth as glass and as reflective as a mirror.

Painting a low mile car isn’t common, but it’s easily done. Not to mention, it’s the best paint you will ever get for a good, solid base coat.

If paint color is all that stands between a great deal and purchase, I’d be setting up the paint booth that day.

8-12k on a paint job!?!? Holy crap! That would get you a car spraying in liquid diamonds here. 5k for a full job and you could stretch that up to 8k if you wanted the “full treatment”.

Reactions: scraze66 and Tango
The only exception to Cyber Grey or this color I hadn't seen before. I can compromise with black because I'll put some decals to accentuate the lines other wise a black car looks like another black car in my eyes. A young salemans just sent me these to help me find a car.

1.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Don’t do it, last time I checked the pain5 shops don’t dismantle the car.
Depends on the shop. Go bargain basement and yeah, thats what you get.

You find a good shop, you ask them all the questions and if you get the answers you want, you pull your car into the booth.

Should take 1-2 months to get a quality paint job. If they quote tou a week or two, one of two things is probably happening:

1. they’re going to give you a “quickie” job, or
2. They’re not very busy, which means they’re not very good....

Reactions: Tango
nothing wrong with a quality aftermarket paint job. Get the right people and it’s better than factory.

Factory does a decent job for mass production, but a higher end shop will prep and spray, then knock down the orange peel in the clear, wet-sand and polish. Comes out smooth as glass and as reflective as a mirror.

Painting a low mile car isn’t common, but it’s easily done. Not to mention, it’s the best paint you will ever get for a good, solid base coat.

If paint color is all that stands between a great deal and purchase, I’d be setting up the paint booth that day.

8-12k on a paint job!?!? Holy crap! That would get you a car spraying in liquid diamonds here. 5k for a full job and you could stretch that up to 8k if you wanted the “full treatment”.

That's a cheap paint job. Even for a depressed economy.

I found another car, not the exterior color I want but the rest has very cool options. I called the dealer this morning, he sent me an email without the paperwork attachment, I emailed back, no response. I called in the afternoon and now the secretary says he's not in today, I said what? I spoke to him not too long ago and she won't let me talk to another salesman even though I told her I was prepared to make an offer. I called his cell and it goes straight to voicemail. What the heck no one in that place wants to sell a car today?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread