Don't know where to put this post but as I'm browsing the internet I came across this Ferrari F12, hmmm very interesting...And the Corvette I'll be receiving is aggressively sexier.

maxresdefault.jpg

c604d3f4-45c8-4eea-8ed9-e40a0c688095.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller
Good news! I don't have to drive anywhere to meet halfway, since it's a cash transaction they'll email me the contract. However it was supposed to be prepared today but it'll be on monday, they just don't know if a scanned signature is good or I have to return it in the mail. Good thing I'm not in a hurry to drive that thing!

Good news! I don't have to drive anywhere to meet halfway, since it's a cash transaction they'll email me the contract. However it was supposed to be prepared today but it'll be on monday, they just don't know if a scanned signature is good or I have to return it in the mail. Good thing I'm not in a hurry to drive that thing!
So ... Who’s the Customer? and Who has to bend over backwards to satisfy the Customer?
You have a verbal agreement 👍🏻
They have to formulate the logistics for their legalities ... 👍🏻👍🏻 ... all good.
... I do realize the buyer excitement of getting this car from similar experiences ... rather certain the seller does not want you to walk away (ive been on the re-selling side too).

hope your purchase and storage concern(s) are remedied soon 👍🏻

Last edited:
So ... Who’s the Customer? and Who has to bend over backwards to satisfy the Customer?
You have a verbal agreement 👍🏻
They have to formulate the logistics for their legalities ... 👍🏻👍🏻 ... all good.
... I do realize the buyer excitement of getting this car from similar experiences ... rather certain the seller does not want you to walk away (ive been on the re-selling side too).

hope your purchase and storage concern(s) are remedied soon 👍🏻
Can you explain your first line, I'm not sure what it means? At least everything is locked in, without a deposit anyone can swoop in to buy it in store or the guy decides to raise his price like everyone else on the net. Seriously that car even with he high mileage compared to many others has a lot more goodies than the others I've seen.
I'm more exited for the snow to melt so I can put a few accents on it. I found the diffuser I want. Just the freaking wing is hard to find, most of them are ugly except one.

Can you explain your first line, I'm not sure what it means? At least everything is locked in, without a deposit anyone can swoop in to buy it in store or the guy decides to raise his price like everyone else on the net. Seriously that car even with he high mileage compared to many others has a lot more goodies than the others I've seen.
I'm more exited for the snow to melt so I can put a few accents on it. I found the diffuser I want. Just the freaking wing is hard to find, most of them are ugly except one.
No long winded explanation. Just in an interpretation of your text of the selling side logistics to not be your problem.
There should be plenty of anxiety on the selling side in that they can’t make the purchase process easier for you. They risk you walking more than the chance of someone else coming along. Unlikely chance of that in January.
I’m looking forward to your updates as the seller’s agent gets this wrapped up.

Reactions: Tango
I had been following this thread off and on, Tango, but didn’t realize you found a winner until this morning...congrat. I can’t find your post on what you ended up getting, so can you please enlighten me?

Thanks! The ad was taken down but click here for 2 pictures and a few post after that I posted the birth certificate. Luckily I copied all the pictures before they took it off.

Reactions: YFCvii
Thanks! The ad was taken down but click here for 2 pictures and a few post after that I posted the birth certificate. Luckily I copied all the pictures before they took it off.

Very nice indeed! Enjoy.

Lots of phone calls and legwork these couple of days, I had to go to 3 different banks with various issues to be able to pay the dealer. I'm learning from this experience they never made a long distance sale before, they have to check for everything as it's completely new territory. They even had to verify if it could be done when I asked them to check it as "stored" instead of being plated for the road. They found that check box today. I also insured the car as a "stored" vehicle until March 15 which gives me a 52$ rebate. All I have to pay for now to have it insured is a whopping $32.70 until that date.

Now I'm waiting for the dealer to transfer the title from him to me and also the warranty. Right now it's in limbo and it's no ones car as the dealer purchased it then it'll be transferred to me sometime later.

I'm still waiting for the seller to say when he's ready for the tow truck to show up. I also waiting for U-haul storage, I'll call her up tomorrow to see if they have space.

So wait a minute here.

The car is at the PO place, but the delaership owns it and tou have to send a flatbed to the PO house to pick it up?

Something is wrong there. I’d be getting the dealer to at least being it to the dealership for pickup...hell, if it were me, they’d be delivering to my house since the car is so far away.

But, I’d also be fine to walk from the deal over it. From the amount of hassle you’ve gone through in this thread, I don’t think you would be prepared to do that...

So wait a minute here.

The car is at the PO place, but the delaership owns it and tou have to send a flatbed to the PO house to pick it up?

Something is wrong there. I’d be getting the dealer to at least being it to the dealership for pickup...hell, if it were me, they’d be delivering to my house since the car is so far away.

But, I’d also be fine to walk from the deal over it. From the amount of hassle you’ve gone through in this thread, I don’t think you would be prepared to do that...

The car was sold on consignment from what I understand. It's officially mine now with the warranty paperwork and all. It's too late now to make further deals and I didn't even think of having him deliver it. Plus the dealership had no say in the negotiations so asking the seller to have it shipped might of been too much. I talked to the previous owner and he'll be there within 10 minutes when the tow truck arrives. Just have to call a tow truck now and tell him when I want it.

The previous owner was saddened it may be left in my driveway if I don't find a spot. Oh well.

The previous owner was saddened it may be left in my driveway if I don't find a spot. Oh well.

Get the previous owner to store it until spring for you. It's better in his garage instead of your yard buried in snow.
[/QUOTE]

I had thought of that earlier but what about if the house burns down or other unknown legal issues? If I can't get storage I'll ask.

Get the previous owner to store it until spring for you. It's better in his garage instead of your yard buried in snow.

I had thought of that earlier but what about if the house burns down or other unknown legal issues? If I can't get storage I'll ask.
[/QUOTE]

Park it in the yard...There's corvettes buried in the snow at dealerships all over.... Won't hurt it.... Just don't park it where your neighbour can run into it... :(

back on topic of dealers selling too high …
well maybe derailing with also offering too low too ...
just got an email from a YYC dealership
offering $42k for my 2016 MSRP $90k 3LT A8 non-vert.
has 20k on the odometer …. rather nuisance email I'd say

I get an Oil Change bill for over $200 in Oct and then this
"welcomes" me to the New Year ...
I’m gonna have to start to do my own oil changes in order to also maintain my value I guess 😂

Last edited:
back on topic of dealers selling too high …
well maybe derailing with also offering too low too ...
just got an email from a YYC dealership
offering $42k for my 2016 MSRP $90k 3LT A8 non-vert.
has 20k on the odometer …. rather nuisance email I'd say

I get an Oil Change bill for over $200 in Oct and then this
"welcomes" me to the New Year ...
Lol. I have been offered more for my 2013 C6 2LT manual by several Calgary dealers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.