I received the car today! The car is spotless, supposedly it was in a bubble. The previous owner said all the C8's were allocated and would have to wait til 2021 and if he doesn't like the ride he'd buy another C&7. The towing guy showed me inside the fender wells no rust on the visible parts they looked new. Having the front splitter and side skirts makes it look legit, without them the car would look a little naked. The exterior perimeter of the tires are starting to have fine crackling, nothing to worry about yet.

The tow truck backed up into the warehouse because he didn't want to drop on the snow, the last one he did the car wasn't able to move the tires spun going nowhere. I had to back it up into the parking spot. I had to ride the clutch all the way to the spot otherwise it would stall. It was real tough to back up because the mirrors were set for someone real short and tiny and I didn't have time to find out how the mirrors worked. That thing is going to be a beast. I barely touched the pedal and it primed.

Now I have to find a car cover, it's a little dusty in there. There is however a little road grime from riding the the flatbed. Should I cover it even if it has a little road grime/salt or leave it as is?

The warehouse manager told me there another 2019 corvette that's stored there and she walked me over. The owner of the car told her it would cost money if the battery goes dead out because everything will reset to zero. Is it true if I take out the battery everything resets and it costs money to go back to the dealer? I highly doubt that. If I let the battery in I bet it will be dead by the 15 of march -1st of april.

Here it is.

Corvette (7).jpg

Corvette (5).jpg

Corvette (8).jpg

Corvette (12).jpg

This picture looks like it's the devil's car!

Corvette (20).jpg

I received the car today! The car is spotless, supposedly it was in a bubble. The previous owner said all the C8's were allocated and would have to wait til 2021 and if he doesn't like the ride he'd buy another C&7. The towing guy showed me inside the fender wells no rust on the visible parts they looked new. Having the front splitter and side skirts makes it look legit, without them the car would look a little naked. The exterior perimeter of the tires are starting to have fine crackling, nothing to worry about yet.

The tow truck backed up into the warehouse because he didn't want to drop on the snow, the last one he did the car wasn't able to move the tires spun going nowhere. I had to back it up into the parking spot. I had to ride the clutch all the way to the spot otherwise it would stall. It was real tough to back up because the mirrors were set for someone real short and tiny and I didn't have time to find out how the mirrors worked. That thing is going to be a beast. I barely touched the pedal and it primed.

Now I have to find a car cover, it's a little dusty in there. There is however a little road grime from riding the the flatbed. Should I cover it even if it has a little road grime/salt or leave it as is?

The warehouse manager told me there another 2019 corvette that's stored there and she walked me over. The owner of the car told her it would cost money if the battery goes dead out because everything will reset to zero. Is it true if I take out the battery everything resets and it costs money to go back to the dealer? I highly doubt that. If I let the battery in I bet it will be dead by the 15 of march -1st of april.

Here it is.

View attachment 35597

View attachment 35598

View attachment 35599

View attachment 35600

This picture looks like it's the devil's car!

View attachment 35601

Tango. Shouldn't have to take it to the dealer if you pull the battery. Will need to reset some things and re-initialize the windows but should be able to do it all yourself. No power anywhere in the warehouse to run a cord to a battery maintainer though?
No. Don't put a cover over dirt. Either leave it or If it's only lightly dirty, buy a bottle of water-less wash (not the ones with wax in them, take a bucket of water and multible soft microfibres. Splash the car. apply the waterless wash, and wipe, don't scrub the car. Light dirt will come off easily. Let the car dry TOTALLY, seams, cracks, edges, everywhere, before covering.

Tango. Shouldn't have to take it to the dealer if you pull the battery. Will need to reset some things and re-initialize the windows but should be able to do it all yourself. No power anywhere in the warehouse to run a cord to a battery maintainer though?
No. Don't put a cover over dirt. Either leave it or If it's only lightly dirty, buy a bottle of water-less wash (not the ones with wax in them, take a bucket of water and multible soft microfibres. Splash the car. apply the waterless wash, and wipe, don't scrub the car. Light dirt will come off easily. Let the car dry TOTALLY, seams, cracks, edges, everywhere, before covering.

The warehouse looks like it was previously a mill or something back in the day and electrical outlets seem to be scarce, I would probably need 100-200' extension cords running across. If it's only steering wheel adjustments, mirrors, seats and stuff like that then no problem I have to adjust to my preferences. Re initialize the windows??

Since I have to call 24 hours in advance and the manager has to accompany me at all times, I doubt she'd want to watch me for an hour trying to clean it. However the other corvette owner goes there once a month to shine her up(no cover on it see pic below). She said he jokingly talks to his car referring it as a "she"! I knew corvette owners were a little special but twice today, one who thinks his car is a hot chick and the previous owner not driving it in the rain and storing it in a bubble? Wow!! Maybe because I never driven one yet and once I do maybe I'll become a little crazy too? And oh I only drove my GF's Honda fit twice and I haven't driven anything else than trucks in the past 20 years.

The car is parked in almost pitch blackness and it's unknown if they have water. (I'd have to run around outside the building) I think I'll just leave it as is. Anyway it'll be outside all summer. I will put a cover when leaves start to fall, those pesky helicopter seeds will jam pack any crevices and vents.

Corvette (19).jpg

The warehouse looks like it was previously a mill or something back in the day and electrical outlets seem to be scarce, I would probably need 100-200' extension cords running across. If it's only steering wheel adjustments, mirrors, seats and stuff like that then no problem I have to adjust to my preferences. Re initialize the windows??

Since I have to call 24 hours in advance and the manager has to accompany me at all times, I doubt she'd want to watch me for an hour trying to clean it. However the other corvette owner goes there once a month to shine her up(no cover on it see pic below). She said he jokingly talks to his car referring it as a "she"! I knew corvette owners were a little special but twice today, one who thinks his car is a hot chick and the previous owner not driving it in the rain and storing it in a bubble? Wow!! Maybe because I never driven one yet and once I do maybe I'll become a little crazy too? And oh I only drove my GF's Honda fit twice and I haven't driven anything else than trucks in the past 20 years.

The car is parked in almost pitch blackness and it's unknown if they have water. (I'd have to run around outside the building) I think I'll just leave it as is. Anyway it'll be outside all summer. I will put a cover when leaves start to fall, those pesky helicopter seeds will jam pack any crevices and vents.

View attachment 35607
Everything you need to know pretty much is covered in the owners manual. Take it home with you and read it. Or download a copy off google.. It's free... Here's an excerpt...

Windows after a power loss....
Programming the Power Windows Programming may be necessary if the vehicle's battery has been disconnected or discharged. If the window is unable to express-up, follow these steps to program the window: To program the window: 1. Close all doors. 2. Place the ignition in ACC/ ACCESSORY or ON/RUN. 3. Partially open the window to be programmed, then close it and continue to pull the switch briefly after the window has fully closed. 4. Press the power window switch until the window is fully open and briefly hold.

Window Indexing When fully closed, indexing automatically lowers the window a small amount when the door is opened. When the door is closed, the window will raise to its previous position. If either window does not index properly, it could be due to loss of power. Before seeing your dealer for service, program the power windows.

Your battery will continue to discharge due to runnning electronics in the back ground even though it is seemingly off. I would disconnect the negative terminal to limit the batteries discharge, even though disconnected I would still suspect it will continue to discharge, but at a much slower rate. This way in March you can be more reassured the car will start. What about fuel stabilizer........was that's added by the previous owner, if not a full fuel tank and stabilizer should be considered. I too wouldn't put a cover on a dirty car. Leave it now and carefully clean the car in the spring. There are a number of great threads describing the proper way to wash a car. I had being doing it wrong for over 50 years ha ha!

Oh, and by the way, although I don't have a name for my cars (former Cobra owner now Corvette owner), I am one of those anal car owners too. My Cobra never saw snow, gravel or rain ha ha. ......and be careful many on this forum are just like me ha ha.

Welcome, you're going to love that beautiful new Vette!

Last edited:
Reactions: EJChevy and Tango
Everything you need to know pretty much is covered in the owners manual. Take it home with you and read it. Or download a copy off google.. It's free... Here's an excerpt...

Windows after a power loss....
Programming the Power Windows Programming may be necessary if the vehicle's battery has been disconnected or discharged. If the window is unable to express-up, follow these steps to program the window: To program the window: 1. Close all doors. 2. Place the ignition in ACC/ ACCESSORY or ON/RUN. 3. Partially open the window to be programmed, then close it and continue to pull the switch briefly after the window has fully closed. 4. Press the power window switch until the window is fully open and briefly hold.

Window Indexing When fully closed, indexing automatically lowers the window a small amount when the door is opened. When the door is closed, the window will raise to its previous position. If either window does not index properly, it could be due to loss of power. Before seeing your dealer for service, program the power windows.

Thanks, I forgot to check for the owner's manual, it might be in the console and I'll pick it up on Sunday and remove the battery. I have to see about the window, I remember seeing a video the window needs to drop a little. I have to check if it's a problem if I close the door without programming it first, I wouldn't want the window to smash or scrape the roof.

Thanks for sharing your delivery pictures ... she looks great.
We all can tell you are already developing well into your OCD (obsessive corvette disorder) ... that we all also have.
Now journeying into your freshman season of Corvette Hibernation.

If you remote lock and to engage the alarm (you will see a red light flashing on top of your dash),
the battery cranking power will be compromised in a month or so (even as short as two weeks if the battery is older).
If you do not have a battery maintainer plugged in, you may need a portable power pack to start your corvette.
When I was checking out a heated storage facility of a local dealership, where they had almost 100 C7's for sale,
the salesperson took a portable power supply and sure enough the Corvettes needed it to crank them (as battery
is connected and alarm is engaged).

On that note ... and not being sure how "green" you are on your C7, it should also be mentioned that you should know how to open your
Corvette if it doesn't have battery power (or the battery is disconnected). If this is the case, best and easiest way
is to visit a Corvette Dealership with a C7 Corvette available to show you how this is done. Otherwise you can
ask anything on this forum (and of course get information from your manual) ... starting with the remote control
having a button that releases to access the key that you will use in the sill that is just above and a little to the right
of the center of your back license plate - in order to open the back hatch to then access the manual driver door open pull.

6475DEEC-62F1-4D29-9EA6-6F74592AD223.jpeg

... oh my, now that I touched my keys, I gotta go to check "something" in the garage now (OCD) ... :joyful:

Last edited:
She's a real beauty! You're going to be counting sleeps before you can drive her!

I don't have anything informative to add. Everything I can think of has already been said.

Thanks! I was impressed when I saw the car for real. It's very hard for me to get excited I don't know why, I don't know if its a medical condition, but I felt a little proud moment, a fleeting spark. It does look a lot better in person than those in a showroom or in pictures, the open air makes it real, tangible. The low profile and being all black really makes it look mean and phantom like. It's funny how the bank tellers were all giddy when they asked what the money was for and learned it was for a Corvette, one of the two women looked at me and not understanding asking why I was all calm about it and nonchalantly claiming it was to purchase a sports car.

However I am thinking about it a lot when going to work enduring soap stories, difficult and dirty jobs and drama that comes with the territory, it's encouraging me to go forward to think in 2 months or so I'll be able to see it for real in the sun and drive. Maybe it's an excitement symptom? :D

I spent maybe 10 minutes from the time the towing arrived to when it went into the dark almost unlit "cave". The manager was trying to clean the smudges on one of the rims with a finger. She was admiring the car.

Reactions: OL Yeller
Thanks for sharing your delivery pictures ... she looks great.
We all can tell you are already developing well into your OCD (obsessive corvette disorder) ... that we all also have.
Now journeying into your freshman season of Corvette Hibernation.

If you remote lock and to engage the alarm (you will see a red light flashing on top of your dash),
the battery cranking power will be compromised in a month or so (even as short as two weeks if the battery is older).
If you do not have a battery maintainer plugged in, you may need a portable power pack to start your corvette.
When I was checking out a heated storage facility of a local dealership, where they had almost 100 C7's for sale,
the salesperson took a portable power supply and sure enough the Corvettes needed it to crank them (as battery
is connected and alarm is engaged).

On that note ... and not being sure how "green" you are on your C7, it should also be mentioned that you should know how to open your
Corvette if it doesn't have battery power (or the battery is disconnected). If this is the case, best and easiest way
is to visit a Corvette Dealership with a C7 Corvette available to show you how this is done. Otherwise you can
ask anything on this forum (and of course get information from your manual) ... starting with the remote control
having a button that releases to access the key that you will use in the sill that is just above and a little to the right
of the center of your back license plate - in order to open the back hatch to then access the manual driver door open pull.

View attachment 35621

... oh my, now that I touched my keys, I gotta go to check "something" in the garage now (OCD) ... :joyful:

What, there's an alarm too!? Wow! I just read there's the transport mode which uses a lot less battery power but I still think the best thing is to bring the battery home, I have chargers and supposedly one that comes with the car. A dead battery shortens it's over useful life.

Yep, from another thread I posted while looking at one in a dealer's showroom:

I went to go and sit in the black one in the showroom and the door wouldn't open so I told him the battery was dead. He and another salesman tried to find the key fob for 5-10 minutes in several cubicles and kept trying to open the door with it, after I told them 3-4 times the battery was dead one of guys them tried to pry the trunk hatch with his bare fingers!! I told him to take out the key from the fob and open the trunk. He didn't know there was a key in the fob, then I showed him where to put the key he fiddled with the lock for a few moments and finally got the trunk open. Since they were both clueless I opened the door manually from the trunk. Thank you Doug DeMuro for your educational u-tube videos!!:cool::cool:

I found an interesting tips and tricks page :

Reactions: YFCvii
I went on the week end to retrieve the battery from the car. There was car parked behind mine now. A blue ford and i asked the attendant why it was here because it looked like an inexpensive car. She said it was a rally car with 650hp. The guy had to shine it before he left and he absolutely had to towel it dry before he left. Man it's crazy, my car is all dirty from the tow!

Let me tell you it wasn't easy to take the battery out in near total darkness, a bunch of nuts, brackets. The worst part was to try and push away the very fragile plastic like carpet, it wanted to rip so it was in my way all along. All was going fine until some biatch came up to us and started barking if I was done because the attendant had to go back in front for other customers. Since the battery had no handle I had to wrestle it out with the tip of my fingers and the carpet in the way it was a feat! I'm definitely making myself a special strap of some kind to be able to pick it up or drop it down. The other C7 owner goes there once a month to run his car 15-20 minutes to charge up the battery.

Then to make things worse I saw a large staple beside the tire, those used for pallets . So with the flashlight I found another 20 staples all around the car and I found more on the along the corridor. I hope there isn't a staple stuck in a tire. When it's time to leave I'm bringing my magnetic sweeper.

I decided to try out my mini charger since it was already inside the house. I want to see how long it takes.

IMG_20200126_120517329.jpg

IMG_20200127_163030963.jpg

IMG_20200127_140918021.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, I sold my 2017 Z51 2 LT for 67K plus taxes on a trade in and they turned around and sold it a month later for 70 K. I have only seen one base model 2014 1 LT non Z51 for under 50K and I every one I have seen on line are in the 59K range. I know we want a great deal but from everything I have seen there is very little room to negotiate. There a few low mileage ones at Munro motors in St. George Ontario. A few 2017 Z06 for 75 plus a few grand sports and Z51's for under 60. I have bought a few corvettes from this guy and usually has a good selection but never any wiggle room. They seem to hold their values and I don't think the C 8 will drop the value of the C 7 anytime soon. JMO.... I do miss my Black Rose though

Hey guys, I sold my 2017 Z51 2 LT for 67K plus taxes on a trade in and they turned around and sold it a month later for 70 K. I have only seen one base model 2014 1 LT non Z51 for under 50K and I every one I have seen on line are in the 59K range. I know we want a great deal but from everything I have seen there is very little room to negotiate. There a few low mileage ones at Munro motors in St. George Ontario. A few 2017 Z06 for 75 plus a few grand sports and Z51's for under 60. I have bought a few corvettes from this guy and usually has a good selection but never any wiggle room. They seem to hold their values and I don't think the C 8 will drop the value of the C 7 anytime soon. JMO.... I do miss my Black Rose though

There's a few under 50K online, I didn't go for them as they didn't have the seat color I wanted. I think the C7 will drop in prices when the C8 takes over in a few years, the majority of buyers will want the new style and performance package and leaving a lot of C7 on the market and people will drop their price to be able to get rid of them.

There's a few under 50K online, I didn't go for them as they didn't have the seat color I wanted. I think the C7 will drop in prices when the C8 takes over in a few years, the majority of buyers will want the new style and performance package and leaving a lot of C7 on the market and people will drop their price to be able to get rid of them.

Wow hahaha, great line. "didn't like the color of the seats"
giphy.gif

Any idea on the lotto numbers next week?

You realize there is a massive price spread on C7s depending on model and trim right?

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Hi D :Seeya:

Dealers are selling too high only if someone is buying too high in someone else's opinion.
I struggle to concur that many owners are going to price their C7 to get rid of them.

I have been C7 shopping over the last month and here are my observations. Serious bargains can be found on 1LT or 1 LZ trim levels. 2LT or 2LZ trim levels are priced nicely but no fire sale pricing. 3LT or 3LZ cars have seen little reduction in pricing from earlier in the year. Convertibles are holding their value better than coupes.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule and my shopping has been for new cars on dealer lots. My surprise has been that the used market, again dealer lots only, is that pricing does not reflect the typical used car depreciation. Equally surprising is that the deals out there seem to be on C6 cars and not on used C7 cars. I thought the introduction of the C8 would impact the C7 and only minimally impact late model C6’s.

Just my .02.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: ddgermann and Tango

You realize there is a massive price spread on C7s depending on model and trim right?

It seems a reoccurring trend that anyone who provides an opinion of what the market will be gets a comment, that's my opinion of what I predict, and yet a lot of people will predict the amount of snow or temperatures next year.

I know there's a wide price range. Based on my shopping experience the depreciation that the internet suggests and what people say isn't what's shown on the used market. Average C7 stingray prices are way higher. My estimate is 10K and up. So based on what's suggested on VMR Canada (Not taking into account all the extra options in the car I bought) I roughly over paid by 9K.

Taking into account all the goodies and extended warranty that came with the car and based on what's available near me on the market right now I got an excellent deal.

For the red seats I wasn't going to compromise and after of thinking of it a red interior was also a must have. Black seats in my opinion look like any other black seats in another car, It doesn't draw the eyes to look at them closely, nothing exiting at all. Red however stands out and that's the point of being exotic. I heard a few people say pay less for a car and to get seats afterwards and 2 dealers said I could get after market red seats, well I didn't find any aftermarket or any used ones. If I was going to spend 60K on a car and didn't get anywhere near my wish list what's the point of being disappointed every time you get in the car saying to yourself I spent all this money and now I'm sad.

Instead of replying to the last 4 posts individually I just am just gunna make a generic one. To start off, I sold my C7 in October via Auto Trader and I have a few observations to point out. Even though I am a salesman, selling your own car through private methods is A LOT harder. I spent 4 months going through an emotional roller coaster and took a lot of time that I could have been working on something else. In the end my 2LT went for 19k less than I bought it for. Thats 3 summers, 33,000km and A TON of great memories. This is in my honest opinion is a dream situation for anyone to try to achieve. C7`s are going for a fair amount still and have not tanked in value. 1LT/LZ are going for less. If you look at the dealerships that are still stuck with 2019 C7`s most of them are base models which means your competing against dealerships desperate to get rid of their inventory over just a couple of other Joe``s online.
On the topic of trade in values, I am happy to hear RC Mike was able to get 3k less than what they listed it for. That is a fair transaction IMO as there is a lot of costs and hands that that to feed off of that 3k margin. If you guys want a window into what some of those costs may be here it goes. On average we spend $400 a unit on marketing, to certify this vehicle its another $400, the service team will look for $150 to detail the vehicle, the salesman will be looking to take a portion of this small amount left and this is not a vehicle that you just hand the keys to and wave goodbye.. In a normal Corvette transaction I spend roughly 12-18 hours worth of total work from the point I meet you to the point I wave goodbye. Anyone adding this up will hopefully now realise how much of a value this is to avoid the stress of selling your corvette on your own and leave it to someone who does it for a living.
Not trying to get sappy with you folks but its an honour and a privilege for me to be able to call this a job buying and selling vette`s all day. I love having someone come in and work with me on their corvette dreams. When it comes to pricing that I give you on your trade or the Vette your looking at I don`t play games because I don`t have time for that crap. I am not in this to gouge and make off like a bandit but I know a lot of people are weary because of past experiences. Have faith in your dealer if they are giving you a good service that you are getting a good deal. Find a dealer that you can trust and MAKE SURE YOU HAVE FUN!!!! Your buying a vette not a work truck.

We just opened up a new feed where people can put in requests for a vehicle they are searching for. This is a valuable tool for me to utilise as I see a lot of Vette`s and struggle to always remember where I saw someone looking for a similar model. Having a centralised feed on CCF will help me greatly in referencing when I have a trade come in. Currently I have 2 Zo6 models and 5 inbound on trades when their C8`s arrive. I am eager to buy more vettes so if your looking to sell please contact me too even if your not looking to buy anything

Reactions: Nik
I went on the week end to retrieve the battery from the car. There was car parked behind mine now. A blue ford and i asked the attendant why it was here because it looked like an inexpensive car. She said it was a rally car with 650hp. The guy had to shine it before he left and he absolutely had to towel it dry before he left. Man it's crazy, my car is all dirty from the tow!

Let me tell you it wasn't easy to take the battery out in near total darkness, a bunch of nuts, brackets. The worst part was to try and push away the very fragile plastic like carpet, it wanted to rip so it was in my way all along. All was going fine until some biatch came up to us and started barking if I was done because the attendant had to go back in front for other customers. Since the battery had no handle I had to wrestle it out with the tip of my fingers and the carpet in the way it was a feat! I'm definitely making myself a special strap of some kind to be able to pick it up or drop it down. The other C7 owner goes there once a month to run his car 15-20 minutes to charge up the battery.

Then to make things worse I saw a large staple beside the tire, those used for pallets . So with the flashlight I found another 20 staples all around the car and I found more on the along the corridor. I hope there isn't a staple stuck in a tire. When it's time to leave I'm bringing my magnetic sweeper.

I decided to try out my mini charger since it was already inside the house. I want to see how long it takes.

View attachment 35761

View attachment 35763

View attachment 35762
The OEM battery is 39 lbs. I bought a Braille battery in October 2014. At 21 lbs it's still going strong, 5 winters later. I keep the maintainer plugged in during the car's hibernation. Question: why refer to the car as a "she"? I always refer to it as a it.:Confused5:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.