back on topic of dealers selling too high …
well maybe derailing with also offering too low too ...
just got an email from a YYC dealership
offering $42k for my 2016 MSRP $90k 3LT A8 non-vert.
has 20k on the odometer …. rather nuisance email I'd say

I get an Oil Change bill for over $200 in Oct and then this
"welcomes" me to the New Year ...

Try contacting several dealers maybe the ones on the east side since cars are higher priced over here or have it sold on consignment like the guy who sold his to me?

I had thought of that earlier but what about if the house burns down or other unknown legal issues? If I can't get storage I'll ask.

Park it in the yard...There's corvettes buried in the snow at dealerships all over.... Won't hurt it.... Just don't park it where your neighbour can run into it... :(
[/QUOTE]

Where I park it's on the other side of the house and safe from the neighbor. On one side of the driveway is my house and the other side is a huge church yard where some walk across close to my vehicles. It's safest at night because I'm home sleeping with motion detectors pointing both sides of my work van and the chime in my bedroom. It's daytime that's the worst time for stuff being stolen while away working.

It might be better having the car home than the previous seller's house because I can check out in person what decals and wing I'll be putting on. Only issue is maneuvering the snowblower around it and adding more motion sensors to cover both vehicles.

back on topic of dealers selling too high …
well maybe derailing with also offering too low too ...
just got an email from a YYC dealership
offering $42k for my 2016 MSRP $90k 3LT A8 non-vert.
has 20k on the odometer …. rather nuisance email I'd say

I get an Oil Change bill for over $200 in Oct and then this
"welcomes" me to the New Year ...
I’m gonna have to start to do my own oil changes in order to also maintain my value I guess 😂

Yeah... They were really low balling you. Was at my dealer the other day having coffee and asked purely out of curiosity what my 3LT 2015 M7 with 20k was worth, ballpark number only as I had no intention of trading or selling at this time.... 47 to 48 on trade. 51 to 53 retail.

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii
I had to go in person to u-haul because even though I left a message no one cared to call back. I spoke directly to the person in charge and good news I was able to secure a spot for storage! She also assured me when I left for the summer I can reserve for next winter as a "VIP". I then went to the towing company and handed 2 copies of detailed info. He kept asking questions without even reading what I had handed to him. So we scheduled for next tuesday, I'll only be able to drive the car from the tow truck to the parking spot, that's going to be a very short ride!

I'm also ready for my next oil change! I got everything here on sale. I had to buy another jack, seems all the ones I have are too big. This jack is ultra heavy, even heavier than my 3 ton jack for the van. I'll have to make some handles to be able to get it out of the garage. Oh well another addition to the collection of jacks in the garage. I'll be making some ramps too.

IMG_20200115_154946134.jpg

I had to go in person to u-haul because even though I left a message no one cared to call back. I spoke directly to the person in charge and good news I was able to secure a spot for storage! She also assured me when I left for the summer I can reserve for next winter as a "VIP". I then went to the towing company and handed 2 copies of detailed info. He kept asking questions without even reading what I had handed to him. So we scheduled for next tuesday, I'll only be able to drive the car from the tow truck to the parking spot, that's going to be a very short ride!

I'm also ready for my next oil change! I got everything here on sale. I had to buy another jack, seems all the ones I have are too big. This jack is ultra heavy, even heavier than my 3 ton jack for the van. I'll have to make some handles to be able to get it out of the garage. Oh well another addition to the collection of jacks in the garage. I'll be making some ramps too.

View attachment 35276
Yep, Vettes need the low profile jacks. You say that one is heavy. You mean physically heavy, as in weight?

Is it made of steel or aluminum? It looks like the box says “steel”. If so, that would explain the weight. The lift arm, however, looks like its aluminum from the color.

my low profile jack is all aluminum:

DC209C41-F84E-42F7-843B-EACAD908893A.jpeg

Pretty light, for a 3 ton full sized floor jack that is...

Yep, Vettes need the low profile jacks. You say that one is heavy. You mean physically heavy, as in weight?

Is it made of steel or aluminum? It looks like the box says “steel”. If so, that would explain the weight. The lift arm, however, looks like its aluminum from the color.

my low profile jack is all aluminum:

View attachment 35288

Pretty light, for a 3 ton full sized floor jack that is...

I chose that one because it raises 24" and it has a long reach. All my jacks don't raise too much maybe what 15-18"? and it's a pain in the butt to fool around to get underneath my trucks. I just can imagine the nightmare crawling under that C7. Luckily it's still on warranty for a few years but when it's time...You know I've never really brought a truck to a garage except a few times, that'll feel weird not fixing it myself and bringing it to a dealer too! I'm used to clean stuff real good and applying copper

anti seize on each bolt. The other jack at CT wasn't on sale and maybe the reach wouldn't of been long enough with the side skirts. It is physically heavy, more than my all steel 3 ton also purchased at CT, I didn't open the box but on the box it says steel lift arm.

I have a similar aluminum jack like in your picture and I use it to change my GF's tires. 1st pic is the all steel 3 ton and the second should be about the same thing as yours.

22.png
image_resize.jpg

Hey Tango, Congrats on your new ride...Don't forget your jacking pucks...the C7 has those too correct people?

I'll be heading out to CT to buy hockey pucks and eyelets.

I'm also planning to get a mini jack, mini compressor and plugs if I get a flat. Well maybe, we'll see how compact I can make it. Paying an extra 800-1000$ for run flat tires that supposedly wear out in only a couple of summers, troubles me a little bit....

I'll be heading out to CT to buy hockey pucks and eyelets.

I'm also planning to get a mini jack, mini compressor and plugs if I get a flat. Well maybe, we'll see how compact I can make it. Paying an extra 800-1000$ for run flat tires that supposedly wear out in only a couple of summers, troubles me a little bit....
If you're not burning rubber off or track cornering your car, and are forward thinking and have your camber/caster reset to milder street settings, there is no reason why your run flats won't last a long time. I have 22k on my C7 with no appreciable wear at all on the PSS ZP tires. But I had my camber/caster reset at the dealer when the car was brand new.

• Agree
Reactions: tyho
Right next door - in a Corvette.
I have the A8 with paddle shift. So I can shift in to manual mode and use the paddles to shift so you can rev the engine to your hearts content but without the third peddle.
I don't have an automatic but I'm assuming you mean you are shifting into neutral with the paddles and then back into gear?
The DCT in the C8 will rev in any gear. You pull back both paddles to engage neutral while in any gear... Good for the drag strip or revved burnouts if your so inclined as when you release them you're ready to roll.

I was rereading the thread and now I understand. There's the "M" letter in the automatic car. Too late now but that could of been great. I get tired and annoyed of clutching the truck in traffic.

I was rereading the thread and now I understand. There's the "M" letter in the automatic car. Too late now but that could of been great. I get tired and annoyed of clutching the truck in traffic.

Not sure I understand.... Is it an M7 or an A8. Based on your previous posts, it sounded like you wanted a manual?

If you're not burning rubber off or track cornering your car, and are forward thinking and have your camber/caster reset to milder street settings, there is no reason why your run flats won't last a long time. I have 22k on my C7 with no appreciable wear at all on the PSS ZP tires. But I had my camber/caster reset at the dealer when the car was brand new.

Thanks for the tip, the tires in the picture I posted a while back seem to wear even. The front one aren't in the pictures but I will check when the car arrives and if they aren't even then I'll have the alignment done.
Saving 700$ for the firestones is tempting.

Thanks for the tip, the tires in the picture I posted a while back seem to wear even. The front one aren't in the pictures but I will check when the car arrives and if they aren't even then I'll have the alignment done.
Saving 700$ for the firestones is tempting.
How many km were on the car?

Not sure I understand.... Is it an M7 or an A8. Based on your previous posts, it sounded like you wanted a manual?
It's a manual car that I purchased. I didn't understand a few weeks ago and didn't think of it further that you could put the automatic on manual mode(both paddles shifting into neutral) and rev it while driving. If I'd realized that before maybe I wouldn't of minded buying an automatic.

It's a manual car that I purchased. I didn't understand a few weeks ago and didn't think of it further that you could put the automatic on manual mode(both paddles shifting into neutral) and rev it while driving. If I'd realized that before maybe I wouldn't of minded buying an automatic.
You can't pull the paddles for neutral in the auto C7. You can shift the stick into manual mode and use the paddles to shift but you still have to shift the transmission into neutral. Pulling both paddles won't instantly hit neutral.

You can't pull the paddles for neutral in the auto C7. You can shift the stick into manual mode and use the paddles to shift but you still have to shift the transmission into neutral. Pulling both paddles won't instantly hit neutral.

Right next door - in a Corvette.
I have the A8 with paddle shift. So I can shift in to manual mode and use the paddles to shift so you can rev the engine to your hearts content but without the third peddle.

Oh really? Why did LE BARON say I could rev to my hearts content? There's something I'm not understanding then.

Oh really? Why did LE BARON say I could rev to my hearts content? There's something I'm not understanding then.

Pulling both paddles won't do it. Using the paddles in auto mode will let you shift but will have automatic override when you hit revs. No neutral. Putting the stick into manual mode will force you to shift using the paddles but will rely totally on you to shift when needed. No override, and no neutral. Only way to hit neutral in the auto is with the stick.... If that was the only reason you were considering an auto, you are lucky you didn't get one.

1579236175877.png

Another thing that's good on a manual is you can downshift in an emergency. Have you ever lost all braking power? I have a few times and it is my worst fear of all time. Going down an incline in my older work van fully loaded with tools and material in town at 50km/hr and the brake line broke due to rust, pumping the brakes nothing happened, the E-brake isn't made for stopping a car or truck you know! Even with that engaged trying to downshift the automatic transmission into 3 or 2 gear the transmission screaming in a hitch pitch whine from the downshifting isn't helping much and I can see cars at the red light and they unknowingly are getting to get slammed. I still pump the brakes the smell of brake fluid smell coming up at me and I'm planning to hit the curb instead but I might slam into the gas station. Luckily I was able to slow down just enough . I slowed just enough not to run over the gas pumps.

Now that was scary.

Another thing that's good on a manual is you can downshift in an emergency. Have you ever lost all braking power? I have a few times and it is my worst fear of all time. Going down an incline in my older work van fully loaded with tools and material in town at 50km/hr and the brake line broke due to rust, pumping the brakes nothing happened, the E-brake isn't made for stopping a car or truck you know! Even with that engaged trying to downshift the automatic transmission into 3 or 2 gear the transmission screaming in a hitch pitch whine from the downshifting isn't helping much and I can see cars at the red light and they unknowingly are getting to get slammed. I still pump the brakes the smell of brake fluid smell coming up at me and I'm planning to hit the curb instead but I might slam into the gas station. Luckily I was able to slow down just enough . I slowed just enough not to run over the gas pumps.

Now that was scary.

That is scary!

New vehicles with electric parking brakes are different. We recently had a customer experience a brake failure (very rare! Great customers of mine, but they seem to have bad luck with their trucks. 🤷‍♂️). When they were in service, we took them out in another truck to check out ways to stop a runaway truck. My co-worker was cruising across the parking lot and hit the parking brake button. The truck quickly came to a stop without locking up the rear brakes. The system is pretty smart.

With the A8, when you put it into 'M', it 'locks' the transmission into the gear you're in. The drag from the engine will then slow the car down the same as if you were driving a manual transmission.

No, you still cannot shift to neutral. I don't understand why that would be important. It still has a torque converter.

The C8 automatically shifts to neutral when you come to a stop because it doesn' have a torque converter.

Reactions: Tango
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.