Transmission oil must be changed every 3 years
Transmission filter at 12000km and then at 36000km
Engine coolant every 5 years
Brake fluid every 5 years
Engine oil every year
Cabinet filter every 2 years
Engine filter every 3-4 years
All of those maintenance are included in the pre-paid maintenance program. So it's worth the money even if you don't drive much.
If you do all those. I have never done what the book says in all my vehicles and never lost my warranty coverage. If I do with this car, I will live with it. Thanks for the help/ information. I have to specify though, GM is tougher on maintenance, than Ford.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maximus74
From a financial point of view the maintenance plan probably makes a lot of sense depending on the total cost.
It's not for me though. I don't trust dealer service departments in our city (sorry kid, go practice on someone else's C8) so I go to them as little as possible. I do most of my own maintence for fun (a 4 post lift really REALLY helps). Sure my procedures might not be 100 percent by the book but they are more than good enough for me. Just my 2 cents...

Reactions: Bunny hop
From a financial point of view the maintenance plan probably makes a lot of sense depending on the total cost.
It's not for me though. I don't trust dealer service departments in our city (sorry kid, go practice on someone else's C8) so I go to them as little as possible. I do most of my own maintence for fun (a 4 post lift really REALLY helps). Sure my procedures might not be 100 percent by the book but they are more than good enough for me. Just my 2 cents...
You can't perform the dct fluid circulation procedure. Which means you can kiss your warranty goodbye. If you want to do your own dct fluid changes after the warranty expires or you don't care about the warranty then sure go for it.

You can't perform the dct fluid circulation procedure. Which means you can kiss your warranty goodbye. If you want to do your own dct fluid changes after the warranty expires or you don't care about the warranty then sure go for it.
Someone told me he changed his dct filter himself by tilting his C8 to one side. Is that possible?

Someone told me he changed his dct filter himself by tilting his C8 to one side. Is that possible?
I don't think you need to do anything. You only lose a small amount of fluid when the car is level. Filling that loss might be easier if tipped I suppose.

Reactions: Bunny hop
I don't think you need to do anything. You only lose a small amount of fluid when the car is level. Filling that loss might be easier if tipped I suppose.
By removing the trunk liner you can access the fill plug for the transmission which is where the extra 2 litres of fluid would be added for track use . Maybe a dozen screws to remove.

By removing the trunk liner you can access the fill plug for the transmission which is where the extra 2 litres of fluid would be added for track use . Maybe a dozen screws to remove.
That has nothing to do with the DCT filter cartridge change. The normal fill plug is on the side and you are supposed to fill until the fluid comes out. No need to tilt it to get it in. It might be easier to get the bottle or funnel in if tipped, but I have no idea.

That has nothing to do with the DCT filter cartridge change. The normal fill plug is on the side and you are supposed to fill until the fluid comes out. No need to tilt it to get it in. It might be easier to get the bottle or funnel in if tipped, but I have no idea.
Turkey baster .
IMG_2454.jpeg

There are some scan tools that do tranmission flush procedures like the Launch x431. My XTool scanner does not for now but may do so in the future. I will get my free DCT service this fall at around 7k kms. We will see how that goes before I decide what happens at 12k.

Reactions: Murray20c8
The window sticker for my 2024 indicates 2 free oil/lube in 1st 2 years. Where can you find the GM Canada documentation describing the complimentary DCT oil top off/ filter change at 12,500 km's?
Please refer to this thread as it is attached in the first post.

Thanks Murray but I thought you could use it at the time of the 2nd complimentary oil change if desired? If correct, is there available GM documentation on that?
Not that I know of. It's how you read it.

Additionally, Corvette customers are eligible for a DCT filter replacement and transmission fluid top off at the time of their first oil change.
One can read it that you're eligible AT that time. You can read it as no earlier than your first oil change, but any time after. It is not worded well. It would be stupid to do it before it's mandated by the maintenance schedule which is 12000 KMs.

The initial transmission canister filter change must be performed at 12 000 km (7,500 mi),and every 36 000 km (22,500 mi) thereafter.

Thanks 1st. I added it to the ordering thread.

No that's for adding the two extra liters of transmission fluid. You lose 6-8 oz of transmission fluid when you change the DCT filter and the mechanic will replace that fluid with the filter change. I heard today of an early 2023 (that is only 3 weeks away from his 2nd anniversary as start of production for the 2023's was Fri May 20, 2022), with almost 6000 km and the owner didn't believe the DCT filter needed to be changed ever! The dealership could do it free now and apparently the filter was just filthy after 2 years and only half the km on it compared to the recommended change in the owners manual. I had my 2020 filter changed at exactly 12,000 km after one year and it was almost as dirty as the filter was at 2 years with half the milage. The information was passed along to me today by a mechanic who builds race engines for boats and cars. A year and a half ago, I posted on this forum the first Home Office Letter notice that went to dealers about the complementary oil and DCT filter change for C8's. The bottom line is this, if you change your DCT filter before 12,000 km (which from the ones I've seen isn't a bad idea), your still required to change it at 12,000 km. With the history of issues that this car has had with the transmissions, it isn't worth risking your warranty on a $20,000 part by not following the service schedule of your car and giving GM an opportunity to deny you a warranty claim because you didn't. Protect yourself and your car by following what's in your owners manual. For those that have been to Ron Fellows, in speaking with the mechanics there, the DCT filter is changed every 2,000 miles, the transmission fluid every 4,000 miles and the oil every 1,000 miles. The tires only last 6 days, but my point is, if you drive your car like we did on the track, consider changing things a little more often!