Like I said, anybody can win the Daytona 500.
Look even Michael Waltrip won this race 2 times. I like MW as a personality but he was a questionable driver.
Now when he decides to drive on a plate track (should stick to just ownership not driving) he scares the crap out of everyone. They stay clear just so they don't get wrecked.:D

as long as they avoid trouble any driver with a well prepped car and and a good feel for the track can win a plate race. predicting a winner or even a favourite at daytona or talledega can't be done. most restrictor plate wins are the result of a last lap pass within sight of the checkers. i too hope for a good season for danica but one thing bothers me that could affect her season. being romantically involved with another driver. it could also affect ricky stenhouse's season as well. j.p. montoya was romantically involved with a jet drier and look what happened !!!! :rofl:

The biggest problem is she is doing a Ford guy. Chevy should fire her ass for such a mistake. Lol (and I drive a Ford)
[mob][/mob]

:agree: yay sauter !!! i much prefer to see regular series guys win. i don't think cup drivers should be allowed to run in truck or nationwide unless they are in their rookie season to gain seat time. even though they are not running for points i feel it takes away from the series regulars. that's the bread and butter for the regulars and too many times i see giant egos tearing up racecars.

terrible. nascar has to address some things. MAKE THE FENCE AREA OFF LIMITS TO FANS. how many incidents like this does there need to be, richard petty, bobby allison, carl edwards and more barrel rolling on the fence, c'mon !!! it was an incident like this that led to restrictor plates and the plates are part of the problem. they were introduced over 25 years ago as a band-aid, aren't there better ways to control the speeds in 2013 ??? daytona and talledega are not run of the mill racetracks and need to be viewed for what they are - super speedways with far different safety and technical requirements.

terrible. nascar has to address some things. MAKE THE FENCE AREA OFF LIMITS TO FANS. how many incidents like this does there need to be, richard petty, bobby allison, carl edwards and more barrel rolling on the fence, c'mon !!! it was an incident like this that led to restrictor plates and the plates are part of the problem. they were introduced over 25 years ago as a band-aid, aren't there better ways to control the speeds in 2013 ??? daytona and talledega are not run of the mill racetracks and need to be viewed for what they are - super speedways with far different safety and technical requirements.

I think you'll find that the most serious injuries we're up like row 15 or so where a wheel and suspension are landed .They reported that it weighed about 160 lbs .Anytime I've been at Daytona they have tried very had to prevent people from standing in the 10 foot walk way .I'm sure all the facts will be out tomorrow .

My brother-in-law works as a medic at quite a few races. He said this happened right where they were standing. Said it was pretty crazy.
Just chatted with him a few minutes ago and he mentioned that most victims had been released from Halifax Hospital. The most serious hurt(hit by the tire) has already had a couple of operations but should be OK.

I think you will find that the gate at the crossover barrier where people can walk through was a contributing factor. Looks like everyone will be OK.

Congrats to the #33 Ritz-Oreos, RCR Chevy Camaro! Now, do it again in the #14 Mobil 1-Bass Pro Shops, Stewart/Hass Chevy SS.
(Danica will not win....sorry people)

i am thinking that today the old pro's will be hanging towards the back of the pack. let the young guns battle it out, then make the move with about 15 to go. i also think that today will see some issues among the less experienced with side drafting on the front stretch. i may be wrong but i think you will see the 24 lead the first lap for the bonus point and make a retreat toward the back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread