Status
Not open for further replies.
If you take delivery of your car and for some reason the headlights malfunction and you crash, you’re going to get a lawyer and sue GM and the dealer for selling the car to you with a known defect and outstanding recall. That’s why they won’t release the car to you. Can’t blame them.

Call GM’s customer service line and make a complaint.
Things may be different in Alberta, but the dealership would be breaking the law in Ontario. Read the article linkd above

That is not right! They can NOT stop you from getting your car once you paid for it! I'd be calling a lawyer! They should not have accepted payment or at least get them deferred!
Edit: read the article linked above.
I would be asking them for some type of compensation, in the form of a credit on service, accessories, etc., st the very least covering your interest payments

i haven't checked it out yet, but is there no manual way these lights can be turned on (like in the old days)?
Yes, you can manually chose AUTO, OFF, PARK and REGULAR (manual on) HEADLIGHTS.
Since my 2000's Ford 150 came out with this, I have always just left it in AUTO as I do on the Vette. I literally cannot remember ever having to turn the lights on in any of my modern vehicles in the last 20 years. The only time that I have to set them back to auto, is after a visit to the dealership. It is like clockwork the mechanics 100% of the time turn them to off, every friggin time.

If you leave it in AUTO the problem will not occur. According to the recall it is if the vehicle light selector is in PARK or OFF that the software issue can manifest itself. I drove into the garage on Saturday and my headlights came on within seconds in AUTO as they should.

I was kind of regretting picking up the car in December, but I am glad I did, because realistically with the federal government (Transport Canada) involved I am not holding my breath, but lets hope this gets resolved in a timely manner.

When did this headlight issue start, I picked up my Z06 in February and been driving it, heard nothing from dealer
Reading back I believe the initial issues were discovered in the SUV and trucks in November 2023.
I read that in mid December it was discovered in the Corvettes.

Transport Canada issued/added the Corvette recall around February 6th. But this issue is more far reaching then a 100000+ C8's.

Yes, you can manually chose AUTO, OFF, PARK and REGULAR (manual on) HEADLIGHTS.
Since my 2000's Ford 150 came out with this, I have always just left it in AUTO as I do on the Vette. I literally cannot remember ever having to turn the lights on in any of my modern vehicles in the last 20 years. The only time that I have to set them back to auto, is after a visit to the dealership. It is like clockwork the mechanics 100% of the time turn them to off, every friggin time.

If you leave it in AUTO the problem will not occur. According to the recall it is if the vehicle light selector is in PARK or OFF that the software issue can manifest itself. I drove into the garage on Saturday and my headlights came on within seconds in AUTO as they should.

I was kind of regretting picking up the car in December, but I am glad I did, because realistically with the federal government (Transport Canada) involved I am not holding my breath, but lets hope this gets resolved in a timely manner.
So, for a piece of duct tape, strategically placed to hold the switch in 'Auto' mode, the Government is holding all these cars hostage?
If we wrote a sign on top of the tape, "Don't ever touch me!", in both official languages, and in braille, would that suffice?
Not enough?
Well then, let's create a new law that you can only drive your Corvette in the dark provided you have an IQ higher than a carrot.
If your IQ does not meet this criteria, you may still drive provided you bring a passenger along and he/she/it waves a 'bic' lighter in each hand whilst AC/DC plays at 85% volume.
The World has gone insane.
I guess when all the lines shut down because the lots are full, and the auto workers are all sitting at home collecting unemployment insurance, then we can hold a few meetings to discuss the issue, right?

If you take delivery of your car and for some reason the headlights malfunction and you crash, you’re going to get a lawyer and sue GM and the dealer for selling the car to you with a known defect and outstanding recall. That’s why they won’t release the car to you. Can’t blame them.

Call GM’s customer service line and make a complaint.
Can't they release the car without plates? Why can't I buy a car and store it in my living room? Like someone said, I would prefer to have it in my garage and stare at it while GM works on a fix. I'm in the same boat, my car was built Jan 19 and it's sitting in BG.

This recall might be the final straw for me. I have been waiting on delivery of my 2023 Stingray since maybe mid October. car was built on Sept 6 and i have been experiencing delay after delay.
from my quick read through its looking like an April fix?

• Wow
Reactions: Murray20c8
This recall might be the final straw for me. I have been waiting on delivery of my 2023 Stingray since maybe mid October. car was built on Sept 6 and i have been experiencing delay after delay.
I am thinking about pulling the pin on this car and keeping my C7 Z06, it’s frustrating not knowing for sure. I have contacted the dealership several times and they still haven’t given me a straight answer.

When the recall came out they said “oh this should be fixed within a week”, I knew that was unrealistic but figured they would have an answer by now.

your car should have arrived in Winnipeg by the middle of October. Something isn't right here. Do you have your VIN?

WOW WOW WOW! How horrible for you!
OK, there was some serious flaw found with yours if it's been on a QC hold for that long!
Geez, so sorry for you.

your car should have arrived in Winnipeg by the middle of October. Something isn't right here. Do you have your VIN?
I have a VIN for the car. The dealer has been sending me screenshots of it on vinviewer. my car was part of that mystery issue where it was shipped to Michigan. People think it was a DCT issue (documented on midenginecorvette). during the process it was shipped to New Boston then to Lansing and it was suppose to make its my way on Feb 3rd and this recall hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.