Status
Not open for further replies.
So you have the 2024 transmission and your car got stuck in a storage lot in Michigan waiting to go for repair. The only good news out of all this is that you missed the 2024 massive price increase but this has taken way to long to get your car fixed and shipped. The GM system is called Vin View. Where does it show your car now?

I believe its still in Lansing I would have to ask but I try not to message my sales guy more then I have to. Yes price protection is the only thing keeping me from moving on from the car. I was able to lock in the price in May of 2022 so if I were to rebuild a 2024 to the same spec it would be 20k more today.

I believe its still in Lansing I would have to ask but I try not to message my sales guy more then I have to. Yes price protection is the only thing keeping me from moving on from the car. I was able to lock in the price in May of 2022 so if I were to rebuild a 2024 to the same spec it would be 20k more today.
At least it's been winter and you wouldn't have been using the car if it had shown up earlier except perhaps a week or two in the fall.
I also have the 2024 transmission in my 2023 and was fortunate to miss the price increase as you have. That is a huge plus for you.
By the time your car shows up, your going to need a really good paint correction. See if your dealer can find out if the repairs by Penske
have been done in Michigan and if your car will be trucked to the Chicago rail yard to catch the next train permitted to leave for western Canada.

At least it's been winter and you wouldn't have been using the car if it had shown up earlier except perhaps a week or two in the fall.
I also have the 2024 transmission in my 2023 and was fortunate to miss the price increase as you have. That is a huge plus for you.
By the time your car shows up, your going to need a really good paint correction. See if your dealer can find out if the repairs by Penske
have been done in Michigan and if your car will be trucked to the Chicago rail yard to catch the next train permitted to leave for western Canada.

What changes were made to the 2024 transmission and how do you know if you have it? I have a very late build '23.

Nice to be price protected but it's also now a non current model year car with still no delivery in sight

FYI my 2023 Stingray had the updated 2024 transmission and I didn't like the way it shifted compared to my 2020 and 2022 so I needed to drive in Jack Raccoon mode all the time ( Manual )

• Winner
Reactions: Jack Raccoon!
Nice to be price protected but it's also now a non current model year car with still no delivery in sight

FYI my 2023 Stingray had the updated 2024 transmission and I didn't like the way it shifted compared to my 2020 and 2022 so I needed to drive in Jack Raccoon mode all the time ( Manual )
Do what I did, add the extra 2 liters of fluid and it will shift just like your 2020 or 2022. I noticed the difference.

Please describe the difference you noticed between 2024 DCT vs 2020-2023

Denis, it was like the transmission was always in track mode +++ hard shifting, I know this is a whole other debate but I feel the M diff shifts better than the E diff for those that have non Z51 vs Z51, now that I have a Z06 it's not a debate since only E diff.

2020 was Z51
2022 was non Z51
2023 was Z51

I felt the 2022 shifted the best but the brakes faded after 2 hot laps ( yes I know non Z51 aren't supposed to be tracked )

Denis, it was like the transmission was always in track mode +++ hard shifting, I know this is a whole other debate but I feel the M diff shifts better than the E diff for those that have non Z51 vs Z51, now that I have a Z06 it's not a debate since only E diff.

2020 was Z51
2022 was non Z51
2023 was Z51

I felt the 2022 shifted the best but the brakes faded after 2 hot laps ( yes I know non Z51 aren't supposed to be tracked )
Thanks, I found that my 2024 z51 transmission feels more like a conventional automatic vs the DCT performance car feeling of 2021 non-z51

Reactions: Gilles27
seriously April or may now, i cant believe i paid for the car and then the salesman tells me i cant take the car due to the recall.
If i only would of held out a day or two more before coming in to pay for it. Now im paying interest for 2 months when i didnt have to.
i hear its really clogging the entire dealership because its just not my corvette but silverado trucks and suv's other things. Imagine if the dealership can't sell the bread and butter items. The dealership must be pulling out their hair. i know i am.
What's the issue with the headlights? Makes no sense you can't pick up the car and drive it until they get the fix? Which dealership?

What's the issue with the headlights? Makes no sense you can't pick up the car and drive it until they get the fix? Which dealership?
Sherwood Park Chev has my car in Alberta, it’s a 2022 and will not release the car to me even though I’m making payments on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread