Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good thought @kshsd A dealer can take your money, but until the purchase actually takes possession it remains owned by the dealer. Now possession is likely driven by paperwork. If I signed that I took possession I can't see how a dealership can keep my car "legally". If they signed that it's mine, then it's mine.
I'm no lawyer so what do i know. Usually when I purchase a car the salesman has the keys in his hand and hands them to me as soon as I sign on the dotted line.
Maybe I misunderstood. I thought they made you pay for the car in full day 1. And then day 2 told you that they can’t give it to you because of the recall but still kept your money from day 1. If thats true, then, if I were you I would complain. Cause they should’ve known about the stop delivery before having you pay in full. For example, I have only paid the $1000 deposit and the remainder, ie. The remaining portion of the down payment and the financing, I won’t actually pay till I get the possession.
Sorry if that’s not true and I misunderstood.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Apparently the dealers need to have insurance on all cars once they come in AND they're paying interest to GM for the financing that they have to do in order to receive the car in the first place, before handing it over to the buyer. So to my understanding the dealership is losing money while the car is just sitting in their show room, waiting for the recall to be resolved. Perhaps, in an effort to avoid that loss they pushed the car onto you before they should have. Just a thought.
I suspect this is exactly what dealers are doing. They don't want to incur expenses on a car they cant deliver so they pass it off to the customer.

"AND they're paying interest to GM for the financing that they have to do in order to receive the car in the first place" This would depend on the terms and conditions with GM for Floor financing on the units in-stock. Being that the units are sold I wonder if GM would be giving them 90 days or whatever free on flooring on any new unit ?

"AND they're paying interest to GM for the financing that they have to do in order to receive the car in the first place" This would depend on the terms and conditions with GM for Floor financing on the units in-stock. Being that the units are sold I wonder if GM would be giving them 90 days or whatever free on flooring on any new unit ?

I dont believe they get any free flooring. They do get interest assistance aka holdback on the invoice in lieu of free flooring.

Thanks Scott, always a wealth of great info! My 2024 Z06 was built on January 26th and is still sitting at Bowling Green, as a result of the issue that Scott so kindly articulated in his post. I feel for those that have their cars sitting at the dealer and as a result of this issue, cannot take delivery! Hopefully GM gets their act together and figures out a fix soon!
Mine was built Jan 19. It's sitting at Bowling Green. Here's the recall from Transport Canada

I believe GM or the dealership can't register new car especially imported C8s because RIV clearance which requires a recall clearance.

Reactions: Sea Wolf Z06
Mine was built Jan 19. It's sitting at Bowling Green. Here's the recall from Transport Canada

I believe GM or the dealership can't register new car especially imported C8s because RIV clearance which requires a recall clearance.
Mine also built Jan 19th but was lucky and car has been shipped and now sitting dealer showroom as they cannot release.

Reactions: Sea Wolf Z06
Strange, the reports or rumors say that they are holding all Canadian Cars the cars in BG. So it looks like markfromcalgary got his car delivered to the dealer. Has anyone else received a 2024 to their dealer??

Placed my order Jan 18. Car to be delivered who knows if/when...
Shane, read my reply that I sent to you. The timing of your build with the updated software may work out to your advantage as your car is currently at 3000 status.

my c8 was built on jan 5 2024, thats why i have it in limbo in the dealership showroom, i think cars built a couple of weeks after are still being held at bg kentucky.
They are. Your car got shipped just days before the hold was put on the Canadian cars the week of Jan 15th builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread