Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you test your DRL's, headlight switch and cover your light sensor on the dash to see if everything is working correctly?
Not yet, she is under wrap but weather is calling to be really nice March 2nd and probably will get her out of her slumber for a run.

I never noticed anything wrong before putting her away.

Just got a call from my dealer today. My car (built on Feb 9th) is still sitting in the factory due to the recall. I was scheduled to do a trade in appraisal tomorrow but they just suggested me to push the appraisal to the end of March.

Reactions: 1st Vette
Just got a call from my dealer today. My car (built on Feb 9th) is still sitting in the factory due to the recall. I was scheduled to do a trade in appraisal tomorrow but they just suggested me to push the appraisal to the end of March.
Mine was built at the same time. I can’t use it till the end of April anyway so not too concerned. If you had yours when could you be driving it ?

Mine was built at the same time. I can’t use it till the end of April anyway so not too concerned. If you had yours when could you be driving it ?
It was 12 degree C yesterday and 10 degree for a few days next week here in Southern Ontario haha. I am not too concerned as well but super excited and want to see it in my garage lol. I have already got new wheels and carbon fibre stuffs that I need to put on before the first meet in April.

Reactions: 1st Vette
Ok everyone, here's the word that GM doesn't want to talk about. Canadian cars built recently are being held at the plant. The recall applies to Canadian cars only but other models like the Liriq, Silverado and a couple of others are having the same problem. Apparently, the headlight switch if turned off or in a certain position is having an impact on the new for 2024 IntelliBeam auto high beam and possibly the daytime running lights. Canada was the first country to mandate the third high mounted brake light along with daytime running lights. If the DRL's don't operate the cars don't get to Canada. Initially I heard the problem was with the IntelliBeam system only.
Since the beginning of the month the Canadian cars are being held at Bowling Green as they need a software update, but the problem is (and nobody is talking about it so don't tell anyone that I told you) is that the software update hasn't been written yet and will not be available until sometime in March. Late January built 2024's that were shipped and made it to the dealership are currently under a "do not sell" order and will not be released to the owners until the software fix is installed. Dealers have already paid for many of these cars as they have been moved to 4150 status and been invoiced. For those of you that have 2024's already you should test your headlights in the auto position and sensor on the dash to see if your headlights do come on automatically and that your daytime running lights are operating properly with your headlight switch in the auto position.
Has it been established that the issue is software and not a part defect ? That would be an expensive exercise for GM . And a major pain for owners. Hmmm…

Has it been established that the issue is software and not a part defect ? That would be an expensive exercise for GM . And a major pain for owners. Hmmm…
It hasn't. I had dealerships calling me for information when cars were getting trucked to Michigan and it took weeks for GM to admit to what was going on.
The same situation is going on now. I have a very late 2023 with a 2024 transmission and everything is working perfectly for me without the IntelliBeam system.
There were no problems with the lighting system until Intellibeam was introduced. If you have a 2024 do some testing with your car.

It hasn't. I had dealerships calling me for information when cars were getting trucked to Michigan and it took weeks for GM to admit to what was going on.
The same situation is going on now. I have a very late 2023 with a 2024 transmission and everything is working perfectly for me without the IntelliBeam system.
There were no problems with the lighting system until Intellibeam was introduced. If you have a 2024 do some testing with your car.
Hi Scott, what’s the difference between the 2023 and the 2024 DCT?

Hi Scott, what’s the difference between the 2023 and the 2024 DCT?
It wasn't announced until September last year but M1L Dual Clutch Transmission Case Design Update – TechLink above VIN#37262 built on July 14th moved to the new 2024 transmission.
The baffles, oil pick up and pan were all changed or modified to prevent oil starvation in high g maneuvers eliminating the need for the extra 2 liters.
I was shocked to find that after removal of the air box and the fill plug with the new transmission, no fluid was visible when using a 5 inch dipstick the day after I took delivery. There had been no information published at the time about this new transmission nor the need for adding the extra 2 liters, but the car certainly seems better with the extra fluid.

It wasn't announced until September last year but M1L Dual Clutch Transmission Case Design Update – TechLink above VIN#37262 built on July 14th moved to the new 2024 transmission.
The baffles, oil pick up and pan were all changed or modified to prevent oil starvation in high g maneuvers eliminating the need for the extra 2 liters.
I was shocked to find that after removal of the air box and the fill plug with the new transmission, no fluid was visible when using a 5 inch dipstick the day after I took delivery. There had been no information published at the time about this new transmission nor the need for adding the extra 2 liters, but the car certainly seems better with the extra fluid.
So have you added the extra 2 litres of fluid or are they shipping the revised TX from the factory with it added ? The case was also changed somewhat as well I believe .

C8 Tracker shows 14 new Canadian VINs built since Feb 14th... though most are Eray and Z06. 3 Stingrays built. I assume the same headlight recall show apply to Eray and Z06?
Not sure about the Erays, but all the Stingray and Z06 VIN's added to the list after February 13th are previously built vehicles that have been set aside for QC or other line issue. I am referring to the February 13th Stringrays in sequential order. These cars are added to the end of the day or week as they clear QC.

The recall effects I believe all CANADIAN GM vehicles with Intellibeam from 2020-2024.

Last edited:
Not sure about the Erays, but all the Stingray and Z06 VIN's added to the list after February 13th are previously built vehicles that have been set aside for QC or other line issue. I am referring to the February 13th Stringrays in sequential order. These cars are added to the end of the day or week as they clear QC.

The recall effects I believe all CANADIAN GM vehicles with Intellibeam from 2020-2024.
You might be right given the low number of Stingray VINs posted since Feb 13th. C8 Tracker just posted a new Stingray today Feb 24th that's going to Quebec, but that's probably a one off. Either way, Canada gets the shaft again. Turd-eau makes me pay $9k in luxury tax and now GM can't get it's act together.

Hi Guys, my car is at the dealership and all ready for me to take possession but the dealer wont release the corvette to me because they have to fix a recall of faulty daytime running lights. The dealer says GM has'nt made a fix for the computer problem so im in limbo. My car has been sitting a whole week waiting for GM to fix this. Needless to say im getting frustrated because its paid for and sitting at the dealership. anyone else in this situation?
Hi, I'm in the same boat with my purchase of a 2021. I have spoken to GM concierge service and all they would confirm is that there is a recall and there is no fix at this time.
The intellectual side says what's the problem, it's only February and you're not going to use the car anyway, while the emotional side says I want in my garage so I can look at it.
Service Ontario, the government agency that registers the car has confirmed that no car with an outstanding recall can be registered.
The biggest problem is the unknown, there's no guarantee that GM will address this problem anytime soon and it could drag on for a considerable length of time or it could be fixed promptly. Not knowing and lack of control is the issue. It's like delaying Christmas morning and the kids says when will we have Christmas morning you tell them, we don't know, Let me get back to you on that!
So, let's hurry up and wait!

Hi, I'm in the same boat with my purchase of a 2021. I have spoken to GM concierge service and all they would confirm is that there is a recall and there is no fix at this time.
The intellectual side says what's the problem, it's only February and you're not going to use the car anyway, while the emotional side says I want in my garage so I can look at it.
Service Ontario, the government agency that registers the car has confirmed that no car with an outstanding recall can be registered.
The biggest problem is the unknown, there's no guarantee that GM will address this problem anytime soon and it could drag on for a considerable length of time or it could be fixed promptly. Not knowing and lack of control is the issue. It's like delaying Christmas morning and the kids says when will we have Christmas morning you tell them, we don't know, Let me get back to you on that!
So, let's hurry up and wait!

Reactions: Sea Wolf Z06
Status
Not open for further replies.