Status
Not open for further replies.
Can a dealer hold your car if you take it in for service?
No Way! In fact you can deny the update. My Malibu had a recall on the sunroof so that you had to hold the button to close it. I didn't want it and I denied the update

No Way! In fact you can deny the update. My Malibu had a recall on the sunroof so that you had to hold the button to close it. I didn't want it and I denied the update
they can't hold your car, but depending on the Recall, I'm pretty sure you can't deny them all....IE - your sunroof vs a brake failure?? Pretty sure you won't be able to deny it...That being said, our C8 recall shouldn't cause an accident, so I wouldn't worry about taking it in for service....

Reactions: Murray20c8
they can't hold your car, but depending on the Recall, I'm pretty sure you can't deny them all....IE - your sunroof vs a brake failure?? Pretty sure you won't be able to deny it...That being said, our C8 recall shouldn't cause an accident, so I wouldn't worry about taking it in for service....
Daytime running lights are a federally mandated function. So if the vehicle does not comply then, yes, it can be withheld. IMO

Daytime running lights are a federally mandated function. So if the vehicle does not comply then, yes, it can be withheld. IMO
I don't know lots of things that Federaly mandated today. It can just mean it's provided for you doesn't necessarily mean that you have to accept it. Interesting argument anyway

I don't know lots of things that Federaly mandated today. It can just mean it's provided for you doesn't necessarily mean that you have to accept it. Interesting argument anyway
The vehicle manufacturer "must" comply. There is no option on the sheets for them when you purchase a car. It is a must.
Now if you have an older vehicle, pre-mandate, then you are not held to the mandate. The same with turn signals on cars. I can remember the driver sticking their arm out the window to signal their intent to turn either left or right. Straight out was for left. Arm upright "L" was for right turn

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
The vehicle manufacturer "must" comply. There is no option on the sheets for them when you purchase a car. It is a must.
Now if you have an older vehicle, pre-mandate, then you are not held to the mandate. The same with turn signals on cars. I can remember the driver sticking their arm out the window to signal their intent to turn either left or right. Straight out was for left. Arm upright "L" was for right turn
Or if you had long arms you could stick it straight out the passenger window for the right turn.... :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 1st Vette
Or if you had long arms you could stick it straight out the passenger window for the right turn.... :rolleyes:
I think that might be only optional on one seaters Rruuff.
Of course now a days with turn signals usually someone sticking their arm out the window comes with a one finger salute.
Not Corvette drivers though. That is the Corvette wave.

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Just checked mine and there is NO recall on my VIN and that was on the GM Canada Recall site. So I guess it is true it's sitting in BG awaiting shipment.

i just want it in my garage so i can stare at it, instead of people pawing at it in the dealership.
Glad I found this post. I posted some comments about the recall and those expecting a 2024 delivery, but got no replies. Anyway, my 2024 was built on Jan 19 and is sitting at Bowling Green with an active status. On Feb 1st GM concierge said it's in testing while my dealership said it's in transit. When I pressed for more details, I got a screen shot of their screen that shows the Canada wide recall for 2020-2024 C8 and other GM vehicles, it's GM N232431050/ Transport Canada Recall Number: 2024-060. I'm guessing that GM can't ship these cars to Canada because RIV need a recall clearance from GM when the car crosses the border, i'm also guessing that these laws apply to used registered cars as well as brand new unregistered cars. I'm ok waiting as it's still winter here but i hope my car doesn't fall into the cracks and get forgotten in the parking lot, this is my worry. Here's the list of recalled cars:

To quote transport canada:

Issue​

Issue: On certain vehicles, a software problem could cause the lower beam headlamps not to turn on as it becomes dark outside if the multi-function switch is in the "OFF" or "PARKING LAMP" position. This could also cause the daytime running lamps (DRLs) to turn off when the vehicle is moving. As a result, the vehicles may not meet certain requirements of Canadian regulations

Boy do I feel dumb! All this time I thought OFF on the headlight switch meant the headlights were....OFF....haha rofl good thing they straightened me out on that.

Reactions: OL Yeller

Issue​

Issue: On certain vehicles, a software problem could cause the lower beam headlamps not to turn on as it becomes dark outside if the multi-function switch is in the "OFF" or "PARKING LAMP" position. This could also cause the daytime running lamps (DRLs) to turn off when the vehicle is moving. As a result, the vehicles may not meet certain requirements of Canadian regulations

Boy do I feel dumb! All this time I thought OFF on the headlight switch meant the headlights were....OFF....haha rofl good thing they straightened me out on t

Issue​

Boy do I feel dumb! All this time I thought OFF on the headlight switch meant the headlights were....OFF....haha rofl good thing they straightened me out on that.
Daytime running lights have been mandated since the mid to late '90's

You might be right given the low number of Stingray VINs posted since Feb 13th. C8 Tracker just posted a new Stingray today Feb 24th that's going to Quebec, but that's probably a one off. Either way, Canada gets the shaft again. Turd-eau makes me pay $9k in luxury tax and now GM can't get it's act together.

Thanks to MarkfromCalgary and the rest of you contributors! As I too have been waiting for my car patiently not understanding the holdup.
Like many of you, I am waiting for delivery of my 24 Z51 white HTC. I traded my 22 non Z51 Coupe in, in September. My dealers allocation came a little slower than expected, but my build moved to Event Code 3000 in early December. With the holidays it was finished on January 10th. It has been sitting at the BGAP back lot since. Customer care nor my dealer were telling me anything other than it’s sitting at EC 3800.
It’s sure frustrating when there is obviously something wrong, but nobody is admitting to anything. Not what the issue is, nor when a fix might be available. I’m sorry, but I expect when you’re committing this much money to a car company, I believe they have a responsibility to communicate. Not exactly the opposite!
My last build took 4 months to deliver and now here we go again!
Hopefully everything works out fine for all of us. But it’s sure frustrating being purposely kept in the dark.
Barney
Nanoose Bay, BC

Thanks to MarkfromCalgary and the rest of you contributors! As I too have been waiting for my car patiently not understanding the holdup.
Like many of you, I am waiting for delivery of my 24 Z51 white HTC. I traded my 22 non Z51 Coupe in, in September. My dealers allocation came a little slower than expected, but my build moved to Event Code 3000 in early December. With the holidays it was finished on January 10th. It has been sitting at the BGAP back lot since. Customer care nor my dealer were telling me anything other than it’s sitting at EC 3800.
It’s sure frustrating when there is obviously something wrong, but nobody is admitting to anything. Not what the issue is, nor when a fix might be available. I’m sorry, but I expect when you’re committing this much money to a car company, I believe they have a responsibility to communicate. Not exactly the opposite!
My last build took 4 months to deliver and now here we go again!
Hopefully everything works out fine for all of us. But it’s sure frustrating being purposely kept in the dark.
Barney
Nanoose Bay, BC
My 24' Z51 black HTC was built on Jan 5 2024, delivered to the train yard in calgary on feb 1, and delivered from the trainyard to the dealership on feb 15. Thats where it sits now until the fix is in. Oh well, it just takes the fun out of the whole buying experience which is a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.