Mar 4, 2023
Bienfait, Saskatchewan
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Stingray coupe
Province
SK
Anyone else’s car get damaged in shipping? Have damage on lower rocker, not noticeable except by wheel there’s a little crack. Dealer says they think it’s from GM’s trucks and says there has been a few already same spot. GM is replacing it but still peezes me off. Almost to the point I wasn’t going to accept the car.

Anyone else’s car get damaged in shipping? Have damage on lower rocker, not noticeable except by wheel there’s a little crack. Dealer says they think it’s from GM’s trucks and says there has been a few already same spot. GM is replacing it but still peezes me off. Almost to the point I wasn’t going to accept the car.
Not me, but I'd be pissed off also, but never would I refuse to take the car. With the wait to get one it's inconceivable!

Meh… they’re going to fix it. It won’t show up on any car fact reports. It would have been worse if the dealer didn’t say anything at all and then tell you about it when you got your first oil change.

Meh… they’re going to fix it. It won’t show up on any car fact reports. It would have been worse if the dealer didn’t say anything at all and then tell you about it when you got your first oil change.
True but I’m just worried about it matching and usually repainting isn’t like factory.

My 2023 is at the dealer now getting a replacement passenger side rocker panel. It took 4 months to get the replacement and it’s sent from factory unpainted. The rocker is glued/bolted on so it takes awhile to remove the old and install the new, with the new one painted to match. My dealer did one other and said it’s not a difficult job but time consuming. They’ve also received a couple others with the same lower crack at the rocker underside bolt close to the tire and say it can be either the driver or passenger side. I posted this problem in a US Corvette forum and everyone said this was the first they’d heard of it, so it looks to be more of a Canadian problem. My dealer thinks it’s from improper loading/unloading on a TRAIN which if true, would explain why it’s not as common in the States where C8’s are mostly delivered by truck transport. As others have said, it’s a free fix so although a hassle, it’s ++ more difficult to find a new C8 elsewhere these days, especially in Canada. I unparked my C8 early, to get this done before the really nice weather arrives. Good luck with yours!

Reactions: Dik and 1000000to1
True but I’m just worried about it matching and usually repainting isn’t like factory.
My local repair shop matched my new roof perfectly, so I'm sure it will match perfectly.

Reactions: 1000000to1
My 2023 is at the dealer now getting a replacement passenger side rocker panel. It took 4 months to get the replacement and it’s sent from factory unpainted. The rocker is glued/bolted on so it takes awhile to remove the old and install the new, with the new one painted to match. My dealer did one other and said it’s not a difficult job but time consuming. They’ve also received a couple others with the same lower crack at the rocker underside bolt close to the tire and say it can be either the driver or passenger side. I posted this problem in a US Corvette forum and everyone said this was the first they’d heard of it, so it looks to be more of a Canadian problem. My dealer thinks it’s from improper loading/unloading on a TRAIN which if true, would explain why it’s not as common in the States where C8’s are mostly delivered by truck transport. As others have said, it’s a free fix so although a hassle, it’s ++ more difficult to find a new C8 elsewhere these days, especially in Canada. I unparked my C8 early, to get this done before the really nice weather arrives. Good luck with yours!

Thanks for the info. Didn’t realize it was glued but knew it came unpainted. He told me it could be up to 6 months for the part. Mines the drivers side. My dealer figured it could be the trains as well. I’m just hoping it don’t create other issues. Hard to find anyone who gives a s**t these days.
I had cosmetic paint damage. Dealer took pic's, let me know and repaired. Not a big deal, s**t happens...
yeah realize that but just made me mad on this car and that it’s been an ongoing issue. Why they don’t send a rep to follow a few cars till they find the problem is beyond me. All you have to do is watch a few get loaded and unloaded.

Attachments

• DB730FFC-2AB9-4A3B-A91D-60A70760B104.jpeg
    DB730FFC-2AB9-4A3B-A91D-60A70760B104.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: DenisC8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.