Hello to all,

I’m new to the form and was curious if anyone knows how many C8’s are on backorder?

I have seen several post with various vin numbers correlating to forecasted production dates, but no hard number on how many C8s customers are waiting?

I placed my deposit with the Wilson-Niblet team last week for a 2021, likely 1LT, white, gray racing strip, Z51, Mag suspension, along with some other minor options as this will be a track car for me. When the 2021 packages and options are finalized, I’ll complete the build and get in line with my 3000 number!

This is a great form, and truly appreciate and the information everyone shared and posts.

Thanks

Hello to all,

I’m new to the form and was curious if anyone knows how many C8’s are on backorder?

I have seen several post with various vin numbers correlating to forecasted production dates, but no hard number on how many C8s customers are waiting?

I placed my deposit with the Wilson-Niblet team last week for a 2021, likely 1LT, white, gray racing strip, Z51, Mag suspension, along with some other minor options as this will be a track car for me. When the 2021 packages and options are finalized, I’ll complete the build and get in line with my 3000 number!

This is a great form, and truly appreciate and the information everyone shared and posts.

Thanks
Welcome, Just because you finalize your build doesn't get you to 3000 it means if WN has an allocation for you you're at 1100 only. Get ready for a long wait!

Gilles

• Agree
Reactions: Sparro
You have to ask the dealer these questions and make sure you get an answer. It might be vague, like "Don't worry, I'm confident you will get a C8 by ..."
Where am I on your list?
How many allocations do you expect for the 2021 model year?
How many allocations do you have for the remainder of this year?
When will you enter my order into GM's system?
Will I pay MSRP?

I was 83 on a list that was suppose to be in the low 100's before the strike hit. I put my deposit down the 27th of July and I'm not expecting mine until after my TPW of August 24th. People leave the list for various reasons. Some say as high as 20% so it never hurts to ask where you are every month..

You have to ask the dealer these questions and make sure you get an answer. It might be vague, like "Don't worry, I'm confident you will get a C8 by ..."
Where am I on your list?
Will I pay MSRP?

I was 83 on a list that was suppose to be in the low 100's before the strike hit. I put my deposit down the 27th of July and I'm not expecting mine until after my TPW of August 24th. People leave the list for various reasons. Some say as high as 20% so it never hurts to ask where you are every month..
I'm not convinced that WN or BC will get you a 2021 C8 for next summer. I hope I'm wrong, Murray offers good advice, ask the dealer those questions and get answers that are transparent and that they satisfy you. Another approach is to contact a small dealer and get on a very short list. I think many buyers have flocked to the so called top selling Corvette dealers. The best IMO is Bill Spenser in Cobourg. I recommend that dealership, they will recieve just as many C8's as the two I previously mentioned, I believe Bill Spenser's deposit list is not as long. JMO though.

I'm not convinced that WN or BC will get you a 2021 C8 for next summer. I hope I'm wrong, Murray offers good advice, ask the dealer those questions and get answers that are transparent and that they satisfy you. Another approach is to contact a small dealer and get on a very short list. I think many buyers have flocked to the so called top selling Corvette dealers. The best IMO is Bill Spenser in Cobourg. I recommend that dealership, they will recieve just as many C8's as the two I previously mentioned, I believe Bill Spenser's deposit list is not as long. JMO though.

I agree with this advice. I got on a list at a smaller dealership early last fall. I was 1st for a 2021 after 10 2020. I will obviously get bumped by many of these but quite fine to sit back and wait for a mid-late 2021. Likely going with the new Silver Flare colour.

Reactions: ABC
To think of it, we didn’t actual talk numbers on the list. More estimated deliverers. I’ll reach out tomorrow and see what they say.
Its critical you know what number you are on their list. If you are 80 on their list and they only have 50 allocations you will not get your C8 in 2021.

Where am I on your list?
Will I pay MSRP?

Was that 83rd on the list at one dealership Murray?

Hello to all,

l would think year from the day unless GM pulls a rabbit out of their hats

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread