Not a typo. Z06 mules??
4985 > 5052 = 68

1634825446859.png

• Wow
Reactions: motordr and pozi240
Yikes, don't want to believe it but looks like those part shortages rumours may be true...
I don't believe its parts shortages (we've seen this in the past and they were VERY well publicised). This is something unusual as Murray alludes to. Today's and tomorrow's numbers will tell us more.

Reactions: jimmyb
I’m guessing that all of Friday and weekend plus Monday day shift were devoted to line maintenance or changes or non standard C8 production. Afternoon shift on Monday was back to full C8 production as usual.
Ya, that's what I think. Perhaps even some line changes for the Z06 as well. Going to require a lot of changes I'd think.
I'd heard that the first shift didn't work on Monday. Today will certainly tell. Not a great thing to happen on reveal day for sure

• Agree
Reactions: pozi240 and motordr
I think you'll be fine Jimmy. What is your TPW?
Thanks, I don't have an official TPW from my dealer yet however I reached out to the Corvette Museum & they've told me TPW of 11/22... Compared to what I've been reading on a US forum, that's a pretty far out TPW for a September allocation (large bulk of the Sept allocations have Oct or early Nov TPWs), so I'm hoping it will be earlier than then but who knows... I'm blaming the two-tone red/black seats for pushing out my TPW, that's the only option I have that would be considered 'out of the norm'

I figure if it does end up being a 11/22 TPW, it will be at least a couple of weeks for shipping which will put me at an optimistic mid-Dec pickup date, hopefully the weather should still be ok by then

Reactions: motordr and pozi240
Thanks, I don't have an official TPW from my dealer yet however I reached out to the Corvette Museum & they've told me TPW of 11/22... Compared to what I've been reading on a US forum, that's a pretty far out TPW for a September allocation (large bulk of the Sept allocations have Oct or early Nov TPWs), so I'm hoping it will be earlier than then but who knows... I'm blaming the two-tone red/black seats for pushing out my TPW, that's the only option I have that would be considered 'out of the norm'

I figure if it does end up being a 11/22 TPW, it will be at least a couple of weeks for shipping which will put me at an optimistic mid-Dec pickup date, hopefully the weather should still be ok by then
When it's that far out it is still very fluid. The last few days production may keep it there, but it's usually a week later than it should be (I.E. 11/15). Unless things change and they need to shift things because of your build. Remember they build according to production efficiency.

It's likely parts shortage. Not just chips.
There's a wide shortage of tires, and probably more items that go into auto assembly.
OAP is down (I should say up) to 1 shift after a 2 week hiatus due to a parts shortage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.