8453 > 8553 = 101
The second shift staff are being trained to start next week.
They worked 9.5 hours yesterday and built 10 or 11 verts

1598453872089.png

What pisses me off is this shipping BS. My Vert (7729) came off the line on the 14th with the funk update flashed on the line. Then Spencer gets their first Vert somewhere around the 24th. BC gets their first Vert (8356) somewhere around the same time as Spencer. Mine which WN tells me is their first Vert was built 627 cars before BC still sits at Bowling Green. And the other two guys need to go on rail cars too.... mines a direct truck. This is what pisses me off now.

I woke up today feeling like Mark, I need to take out my aggression!
One day at a time my friend! I set my expectations so low, so that I'm not disappointed. I know it's tough though. I think you will forget about it all once you get your wheels.

One day at a time my friend! I set my expectations so low, so that I'm not disappointed. I know it's tough though. I think you will forget about it all once you get your wheels.
For sure all the angst and anxiety goes away quickly once you see that thing in the dealership lot. I would recommend not bothering with being there for the truck delivery take off. That is another nail biter watching a 200 lb plus truck driver open the drivers door up against a steel post to drive it off the thing. All good when it's finally off but just don't watch the process. nothing elegant about the unloading of your baby from the transport truck. haha.

So the long anticipated second shift at Bowling Green started yesterday. Credit to Corvette Blogger (Keith Cornett) for the article below. GM's ability to make the promised 20,000 or so 2020's now looks like it'll happen which is great news for those still waiting. Let's all hope the supply chain holds up and COVID doesn't rear its ugly head again at the plant...

8857 > 8956 = 100
I'm told they mixed the first shift workers in with the second and vice versa
I don't see the logic in that unless there is something we are missing.
To me you'd let the first shift go full tilt boogy and slow the second down until they match quality with speed.

1598973468366.png

8857 > 8956 = 100
I'm told they mixed the first shift workers in with the second and vice versa
I don't see the logic in that unless there is something we are missing.
To me you'd let the first shift go full tilt boogy and slow the second down until they match quality with speed.

View attachment 43407

After 38 years in the Oshawa facility, I can tell you one of the reasons we did that is contractual. It gives the higher seniority people a chance to move into better jobs. I also believe it helps the quality and problem solving having more knowledgeable people on each shift.

After 38 years in the Oshawa facility, I can tell you one of the reasons we did that is contractual. It gives the higher seniority people a chance to move into better jobs. I also believe it helps the quality and problem solving having more knowledgeable people on each shift.
Exact same thinking / contract agreements at the Blue Oval down the QEW in Oakville.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.