Stupid knows no boundaries. 🤣
I would caution you to be very careful using that language to disparage a large group of people who take their civil liberties seriously. Some may be members of this forum. A disagreement regarding positions is one thing, an outright statement indicating their lack of intellect is entirely different. Each position has its argument and each individual is allowed to have an opinion. An opinion that differs from yours is not stupid, it is different.

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Stupid knows no boundaries. 🤣
True that.... true that.... Our snowbirds are flocking back from Arizona and points south at the moment. Two days ago a herd of them parked in Costco parking lot in Red Deer. Witnesses said they all pulled in, set up camp for the night, proceeded into Costco to buy groceries... no masks, no gloves... So much for 14 day isolation for out of country travelers...

• Scared
I would caution you to be very careful using that language to disparage a large group of people who take their civil liberties seriously. Some may be members of this forum. A disagreement regarding positions is one thing, an outright statement indicating their lack of intellect is entirely different. Each position has its argument and each individual is allowed to have an opinion. An opinion that differs from yours is not stupid, it is different.

You are correct. I will for once agree with our Premiere and refer to them as a bunch of yahoos acting illegally without care and putting people in harm's way. Intellectuals or hidden gems they may be and in due consideration of their different positions from health officials in Canada and around the world.

Last edited:
True that.... true that.... Our snowbirds are flocking back from Arizona and points south at the moment. Two days ago a herd of them parked in Costco parking lot in Red Deer. Witnesses said they all pulled in, set up camp for the night, proceeded into Costco to buy groceries... no masks, no gloves... So much for 14 day isolation for out of country travelers...

Maybe they broke in... 🤔

Ahhhhhh.... the joy of a forum.... Where we look upon peoples input and opinions with respect. I don't think anyone is disrespecting peoples liberties or their right to express opinions, but do it legally. This rally in Toronto had zero regard for social distancing as is obvious by the photos. That in itself is stupidity, whether they agree or not. That alone balks at the provincial restriction. What about public gatherings limited to a maximum of five? Ignoring the law, especially at a potential health cost to others is stupid. At what point does breaking the law exhibit intelligence. If they want to go out in a field somewhere, put a gun to their head and pull the trigger, be my guest. But don't advocate to intentionally endanger my grandparents, my children, my neighbours, or the majority of the population who is abiding by the law imposed in an effort to beat this Covid19 fiasco. So lobby all you want Torontonians, but do it with more consideration for your fellow man. JMO

1587949367396.png

You are correct. I will for once agree with our Premiere and refer to them as a bunch of yahoos acting illegally without care and putting people in harm's way. Intellectuals or hidden gems they may be and in due consideration of their different positions from health officials in Canada and around the world.

You could tell "bunch of yahoos" was not his first choice of words. Would have loved to hear what he was really thinking. I know what I am really thinking about those vegetable lasagna sucking clowns in that protest... but I will hold back like the good Premier did. :angelic::Biggrin:

Ahhhhhh.... the joy of a forum.... Where we look upon peoples input and opinions with respect. I don't think anyone is disrespecting peoples liberties or their right to express opinions, but do it legally. This rally in Toronto had zero regard for social distancing as is obvious by the photos. That in itself is stupidity, whether they agree or not. That alone balks at the provincial restriction. What about public gatherings limited to a maximum of five? Ignoring the law, especially at a potential health cost to others is stupid. At what point does breaking the law exhibit intelligence. If they want to go out in a field somewhere, put a gun to their head and pull the trigger, be my guest. But don't advocate to intentionally endanger my grandparents, my children, my neighbours, or the majority of the population who is abiding by the law imposed in an effort to beat this Covid19 fiasco. So lobby all you want Torontonians, but do it with more consideration for your fellow man. JMO

View attachment 39341

Looking at the couple of dozen placards from the pics I'm thinking the liberties angle is but a bit of polish.

We have our eclectic mix of anti-vaxxers & world consipracy peddlers and far too many homegrown reporters evidently bored which is a shame. Pretty sure there were less than a handful of actual libertarians. There's a guy that really wants a haircut too. Powerful stuff.

Someone needs to transcribe these placards. Absolute gems and a preview of what's to come in a month's time when this really sets in.

Some positive news. No new infections in New Zealand. Granted smaller population and very aggressive to contain this early on but still happy to see things actually turn around in some places slowly.

Of interesting to note is though most businesses are allowed to open some are still not, notably, hairdressers, tattoo parlours and gyms where face to face contact is required (in New Zealand).

Those exact same businesses were among the first to be allowed to re-open in some US states recently.

Germany is also trending well and starting to re-open some industries slowly. If you recall they were extremely hard hit (3rd worst in Europe) and after aggressive lock downs, testing and contact tracing are turning this around very quickly.

Insightful interview with Germany's most hated man (self proclaimed):

Agreed. Germany's curve flattened as has been declining now for 26 days, New Zealand's for 23 days. Most provinces in Canada are gradually flattening but several provinces are still on the upswing which is still pushing the national curve upward. When we see 20 days of a downward trend, I will be much happier. Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Reactions: rockitman
Appears the Alberta Health Bossy Lady and Premier Kenny
are not too happy with my appearance ... I think I just heard that my
haircut-stop gets to open and operate on May 14th ... :thumbs:

Last edited:
  • Haha
I guess this is not the first time we have practiced "social distancing". This structure was constructed during the tuberculosis outbreak to keep family members apart and yet sheltered.

View attachment 39608
Yep. Definitely not the first time.....................

1588353392805.png

1588353360635.png

1588353427140.png

1588353442873.png

I will confess that I don’t understand these (as Ford put it) “yahoos”.

to me, the calculus is very simple:

if you don’t go to work and pay your bills, you may loose everything you have worked for to this point.

if you go to work and catch the virus, you could (ultimately) die.

so, financial ruination: You go back to work when able and start to rebuild your life.

Viral infection: you die. No way to fix that.

seems to me, until a vaccine is found, the only way to make this survivable (even if its your friends and/or family and not yourself) is to deny the virus fresh hosts.

Now, the thing I am interested to see is when a vaccine IS found, will the “anti-vaxxers” refuse to vaccinate, or will they be fighting to be the first in the line...

I will confess that I don’t understand these (as Ford put it) “yahoos”.

to me, the calculus is very simple:

if you don’t go to work and pay your bills, you may loose everything you have worked for to this point.

if you go to work and catch the virus, you could (ultimately) die.

so, financial ruination: You go back to work when able and start to rebuild your life.

Viral infection: you die. No way to fix that.

seems to me, until a vaccine is found, the only way to make this survivable (even if its your friends and/or family and not yourself) is to deny the virus fresh hosts.

Now, the thing I am interested to see is when a vaccine IS found, will the “anti-vaxxers” refuse to vaccinate, or will they be fighting to be the first in the line...
food for thought: COVID survivors can get infected a second/subsequent time. would acquired immunity (via inoculation/vaccine) offer any further benefit above and beyond natural immunity? discuss amongst yourselves.....

food for thought: COVID survivors can get infected a second/subsequent time. would acquired immunity (via inoculation/vaccine) offer any further benefit above and beyond natural immunity? discuss amongst yourselves.....

Nah, acquired immunity is not a lifetime thing. Somewhere around a year or two and then you are susceptible again.

vaccines are typically the same dealeo. Thats why you have to get the flu vaccine every year.

covid isn’t like the flu, so its still anyones guess how it all rolls out in the end.....no one really knows right now. Its all still too nee.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread