Here we are ...
One year ago today, the first case was announced in Canada on Robert Burns Day and it took away a couple of reasons that I celebrate on that day.
One year later ... my normal (but not my Spirit) for celebrating on Robert Burns Day remains another year away. It is what it is and my meal today gets Cake :thumbs:

Slàinte mhath

I drink to the health of another,
And the other I drink to is he
In the hope that he drinks to another,
And the other he drinks to is me.
Good post Sp. And happy Birthday. :Party:

Reactions: YFCvii
My first “Covid Era” isolation BDay 2Day.
Discovering a huge "off-limits" drawback as I enter the “Workplace Coffee Room” while Working @ Home.
I can’t wait for the workday to end, leave the Office and head to the @Home Kitchen ... anticipating Supper 😋

3C39C4D5-A73B-48EC-92C7-85EFFEA8F6E5.jpeg

Last edited:
... an observation only with absolutely nothing against those who were entitled and received CREB ...
Won't be personally reporting this T4A slip and as I read through while preparing for 2020-T1's that I help others with,
wondering how many CREB recipients who worked for and/or received additional income in 2020 (from part-time work to scholarships),
will be raising an issue about reporting the CREB-T4A slip that they should soon be finding in their mailboxes.
It is a rather significant "benefit" that had no tax withheld at source and may result in
a tax owing position at the end of 2020 (no doubt money they no longer have).

Perhaps nobody will raise an issue in the media ... we will see ...

Last edited:
My senior family member and many close senior friends got "AntiCovid Juice" in their arms this past week.
After checking in with them few days later, they all report being happy-happy - and ready for the top-up in about a month :thumbs:

I am Looking forward to the entitlement for getting through the online or telephone appointment logistics
for mine later on down the road... perhaps just the making for a Solo Corvette Cruise to a Pharmacy and a
Vino-Depot stop.

Waiting to find out if my (our) Canadian friend who is stuck in Indonesia (experiencing lock-down and widespread covid-transmission)
will be getting his shot before I get mine ... :nurse:

Last edited:
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
So got my shot yesterday. No muss no fuss. All in all I will give Alberta Health Services kudos. Booking was “relatively” painless and I was in and out in 15 minutes. Aside from the hoopla surrounding the Astra-Zeneca shot I took what was offered. So far, so good, and no sign of any significant mutation. I do however find myself craving rare red meat, bourbon, and I seem to be really really excited about the next full moon and when I cough it is starting to sound more like a bark mixed with a howl. No worries I am sure it will pass.

Personal choice. Decide for yourself.

So got my shot yesterday. No muss no fuss. All in all I will give Alberta Health Services kudos. Booking was “relatively” painless and I was in and out in 15 minutes. Aside from the hoopla surrounding the Astra-Zeneca shot I took what was offered. So far, so good, and no sign of any significant mutation. I do however find myself craving rare red meat, bourbon, and I seem to be really really excited about the next full moon and when I cough it is starting to sound more like a bark mixed with a howl. No worries I am sure it will pass.

Personal choice. Decide for yourself.
... had to post ... and love this era of the "bandstand" too ...

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread