I thought this was corvette forum.... WTF is covid anyways. 6 million die of tobacco and 3 million die of alcohol each year yet I dont see cigarettes being banned nor LCBOs being shut down - why do we care so much about Covid19?
208,000 total posts. 700 about Covid. .0035% of posts Covid related. We don't care so much....

• Informative
Reactions: turbozig
Our Province said they are not closing down Halloween Trick or Treating this year and then recommended we print out and post these signs on our doors. Watched the news seeing all the little scary tykes running door to door wearing their masks. Then noticing pretty much very accompanying parent out grouped in 3”s and 4’s and not wearing a mask. We have no resolve when this is left in the hands of individuals by Leaders who are not willing to grab this bull by the horns.
View attachment 45220
I trust individuals more than I do our provincial/federal “leaders”.

Reactions: Pep
db23eb03_f4a9_4fa1_9a67_421986713d47_c1d6c04fbd3d0800a3c30f60d26c2f85e595671b.jpeg

Had to get some groceries yesterday, which I don't like at the best of times, let alone during this totally avoidable surge in Covid cases. Even though not required in many establishments, I wear my masks whenever I am in a public place as social distancing to many is a concept they just do not understand. The 2 metre separation lines as you wait for the next available teller also seem to mean nothing in many cases and an innocent swing of an elbow would likely smack someone crowding my ass in the head... hmmmm ... other than the brief physical contact, not totally a bad thing... But I digress....
I walked into Superstore, which has a large sign you can't miss right at the only entry door advising masks are mandatory. No problem... I already had mine on...

PXL_20201117_203805833.jpg

Of course, when you see a mandatory directive such as this, the first thing you notice (or at least I do), is someone not following the rule.... Possibly they just removed it for a moment to scratch their nose...
Nay.... As I walked about the store filling my cart, I noticed others not wearing masks.... then even more... I did not count, but likely more than 50 people in the short time I was in there...
I am also quite polite and careful when I need something on a shelf and someone is already there debating on what to buy, so I park my cart and stand well back. Some see me and appreciate this...
Finally, it's my turn and as i reach out to pick up my dozen eggs, I'm freaking shouldered by a woman who moved in right beside me... yup...no mask.... "Excuse me" she says.... Sorry honey... No F*%k%$#
excuse for your stupidity. Unfortunately crowding my space was not a one-off incident.
I really wanted to race screaming out of the store but if I'd have come home without groceries, we might have starved.... So onward I went, dodging people at every turn... Until it was time to check out.
Whew... finally I will at least have the length of a shopping cart between me and the rest of the world... Not to be... While corralled in the narrow check-out isle, I hear "excuse me" as another girl wants to leave the store and uses my check-out isle to push past me...Can't fix stupid....

Anyhows, I think I got out unscathed... I will know for sure in a couple weeks I guess....

So thanks to all the people who social distanced, wore masks, stayed home if they were sick, etc. etc.... but unfortunately the rest I saw are only contributing to an extended Covid presence in our lives... My rant for the day I guess....

PXL_20201117_200557548.jpg
PXL_20201117_202807304.jpg
PXL_20201117_203240653.jpg

Stay safe everyone.

Indeed. Whole world heading in the wrong direction. Things will improve but 3-6 months of sadness ahead for many. Particularly our southern neighbours.

1607285206557.png

Source:

Canada actually declared war on Japan the day before the U.S. and the U.K. did!
A more Canadian oriented remembrance should include the fact that Japan also attacked Hong Kong (including the Canadian defenders there) on Dec 7 1942.
Few people are aware of these two parts of the Dec 7th story.

Have to admit, in addition to the year of continuing and compounding challenges, the Christmas Table was saddened when complying with the Alberta Gathering Mandate. So ... with that I also continue to reach for humour in regard to it.

38D26BA1-A26D-4647-8B56-E7679226D775.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Have to admit, in addition to the year of continuing and compounding challenges, the Christmas Table was saddened when complying with the Alberta Gathering Mandate. So ... with that I also continue to reach for humour in regard to it.

View attachment 75470
If it was possible to track, I believe the stats would/will show massive non-compliance with this particular section of the public health order. Governments can only govern with the consent of the governed.

Not suggesting non-compliance is correct or not, only suggesting it is taking place on a significant scale.

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii
Looking back to the end of 2019 and replaying the 2020 New Years Countdown and Ball Drop ..... I shoulda known ...

Here is the ball-drop throw-back to 11:59pm Dec 31st 2019 ... 59,58,57,56... 😂

33D74894-EB43-4C3D-8102-F7315758DA77.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
and here we are ...
One year ago today, the first case was announced in Canada on Robert Burns Day.
It took away a couple of reasons that I celebrate on that day.
One year later ... my norm for celebrating, but not my spirit on Robert Burns Day
remains another year away with "it is what it is" ...
however my meal on this day will always have Cake :thumbs:

Slàinte mhath
I drink to the health of another,
And the other I drink to is he
In the hope that he drinks to another,
And the other he drinks to is me.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread