Well, NS is talking about maintaining the "lockdown" until 21 June 2020. Nothing official, just rumours being spread by people in gov't (Premier has let it slip once).

So no haircuts for a while yet.

Warm weather is hitting here (24c today) and I may have to take matters into my own hands soon:

81ErpyQeDCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I don't really care if my hair gets long, but it gets pretty warm in summer and I don't deal with heat and humidity well. Something Annapolis valley is known for.

Been almost a year since I've clippered (retired military), but #3 or #4 is looking better and better the hotter it gets.......

I've clippered to 3mm for 25 years now... Wouldn't have it any other way...

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Good Day ... the Daily Target-on-my-Back CCF Ranter here again ...
Observation: Prescriptions and Pharmacists
"Due to Covid-19 and drug shortages, we are only permitted to dispense 1 month's prescription at a time"

OK, for those who are cushy with a Blue Cross or other Health Plan of sort, you may eventually
see an increase in premiums or a reduction in the amount covered (deductible). Now why is this?

Those without Health Plans will immediately notice an increase per dosage with 1 month refill intervals.
Every time a Pharmacist dispenses, each separate drug is charged a dispensing fee. I knew about this
a while back and have always refilled on a 3-month frequency. I have 3 drugs so every three months I am
charged 3 dispensing fees (1 per drug) and it's hidden into the receipt. Now with the 1-month restriction,
I will now be charged 9 dispensing fees. A tripling of the outlay. Pennies add up to dollars folks.

I've tried a few things, like asking to pay for 3 months and being charged 1 fee and then being owed for refills
(basically pre-paying). The Pharmacy does not like that. I then suggested paying 1/3rd of the fee for each refill.
The Pharmacy does not like that as well

It's a no brainer to me that Pharmacies have found a way and are now embracing a way to triple their sales.
Was about $12 per month and now $36 per month for dispensing 3 drugs ...
I am (we are) leaking "pennies" everywhere folks and I think it matters !

Last edited:
Good Day ... the Daily Target-on-my-Back CCF Ranter here again ...
Observation: Prescriptions and Pharmacists
"Due to Covid-19 and drug shortages, we are only permitted to dispense 1 month's prescription at a time"

OK, for those who are cushy with a Blue Cross or other Health Plan of sort, you may eventually
see an increase in premiums or a reduction in the amount covered (deductible). Now why is this?

Those without Health Plans will immediately notice an increase per dosage with 1 month refill intervals.
Every time a Pharmacist dispenses, each separate drug is charged a dispensing fee. I knew about this
a while back and have always refilled on a 3-month frequency. I have 3 drugs so every three months I am
charged 3 dispensing fees (1 per drug) and it's hidden into the receipt. Now with the 1-month restriction,
I will now be charged 9 dispensing fees. A tripling of the outlay. Pennies add up to dollars folks.

I've tried a few things, like asking to pay for 3 months and being charged 1 fee and then being owed for refills
(basically pre-paying). The Pharmacy does not like that. I then suggested paying 1/3rd of the fee for each refill.
The Pharmacy does not like that as well

It's a no brainer to me that Pharmacies have found a way and are now embracing a way to triple their sales.
Was about $12 per month and now $36 per month ... I am (we are) leaking "pennies" everywhere.
Wow. Every retailer will be looking for a way to sneak the little charges into their costing formulas. Lets also force everyone to triple up their trips to the pharmacy. Seems to fly in the face of “stay home save lives”.

Wow. Every retailer will be looking for a way to sneak the little charges into their costing formulas. Lets also force everyone to triple up their trips to the pharmacy. Seems to fly in the face of “stay home save lives”.
Yup, covid-19 "surcharges" are beginning to appear all over the place.

Supposedly, passing on the cost of masks, gloves, plexiglass, etc.

I waiting for some of the stores that have been open for the last two months to try tacking the "surcharge" on the goods they have already been selling without it.

I've already decided I'm not paying it if someone tries to levy it on me. I'm not paying for thier lost profits or the fact that they actually have to ensure their workers safety. If they insist, whatever I have in my hands is getting dropped right where it is and I'm walking out. I've also decided any place that jacks thier pries up or tries to gouge in any way is a place I'm not going to shop at. If I have to go without something, so be it. I'm not going to support "gouging" on any level....there's already enough of that in our "normal" lives.

Yup, covid-19 "surcharges" are beginning to appear all over the place.

Supposedly, passing on the cost of masks, gloves, plexiglass, etc.

I waiting for some of the stores that have been open for the last two months to try tacking the "surcharge" on the goods they have already been selling without it.

I've already decided I'm not paying it if someone tries to levy it on me. I'm not paying for thier lost profits or the fact that they actually have to ensure their workers safety. If they insist, whatever I have in my hands is getting dropped right where it is and I'm walking out. I've also decided any place that jacks thier pries up or tries to gouge in any way is a place I'm not going to shop at. If I have to go without something, so be it. I'm not going to support "gouging" on any level....there's already enough of that in our "normal" lives.

It is going to be messy as you correctly say, prices are going to jump with all kinds of little COVID reasonings behind it. It is widespread already. Try and buy an international plane ticket now... my god

Reactions: YFCvii
To many people Don, they were afraid of a riot.

Tear gas and rubber bullets solve a riot in a hurry . But no. This is Canada. The young people's attitude that Covid doesn't affect them is sad but all 10,000 weren't young people. How many time have I said this spring. You can't fix stupid. The rest of Canada has nearly beat this thing.... and then there's Ontario and Quebec. Time to get tough. JMO when sickening things like this hit the news.

1590366745342.png

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Tear gas and rubber bullets solve a riot in a hurry . But no. This is Canada. The young people's attitude that Covid doesn't affect them is sad but all 10,000 weren't young people. How many time have I said this spring. You can't fix stupid. The rest of Canada has nearly beat this thing.... and then there's Ontario and Quebec. Time to get tough. JMO when sickening things like this hit the news.

View attachment 40536
Yes let’s eradicate the virus. By any means necessary. While we are at it lets also take care of that pesky little thing we used to call freedom. Followed up with complete elimination of those outdated civil rights ideas. As icing on the cake lets destroy tens of thousands of lives through loss of employment, bankrupt business’s, increased suicide rates, increased addiction, and mental illness.

Love the picture. What we need more of is jackbooted thugs imposing their personal interpretation of unconstitutional orders. Even better in a park on a Saturday afternoon against a backdrop of halter top wearing millennial women and their flip flop shod partners. Only thing that would make it better would be a park full of small, about to be terrorized children. Then they will certainly learn the all important lesson to never disagree with or defy our government. Especially a government that has done away with that relic of an idea called parliament. How much better Canada could be if we just let loose a militarized police force on an about to be disarmed populace.

The idea of this should make us all want to break out in a teary rendition of Louis Armstrong’s “What a Wonderful World”. Except singing in Alberta has been deemed unsafe by our all knowing masters. “My apologies Officer, I promise to only hum from now on”, as he is writing me a “social” citation, complete with monetary penalty and social demerits. Three more demerits and no soup for me....or bread...

What a joyous day it was last week as we all downloaded the government’s newest innovation in citizen “protection”. We all rushed to the App Store to receive our personalized IOS 13.5 contact tracer (on Android it was update 666). Now I am comforted in the knowledge that our fatherland can track and trace my every movement, and can send me an instant message the very moment I pass within arms length of an undesirable. Thank you. I am forever grateful for your wisdom and oversight.

Well at least we will be secure in the knowledge that by giving away everything we once held dear, those things we viewed as inalienable, those crazy outlandish ideas our fathers and grandfathers fought and died for, that 99% of us wont get a cough and a runny nose. What a grand bargain.

Very well said Al 👆
We are on a tipping point and a wider view like that is something we all need to at least consider. There are rights being trodden upon rampantly with this emergency measures action that we may want to pay attention to. Sometimes hiding in the house and being a good boy is just as dangerous in the mid to long term.

I have and continue to enjoy and consider this respectful debate.

Dear Lord ...
Today is Closure Day #70 for my
Business in the Home since 1993. 💸
Distancing has never been a problem
for nearly 3 decades ... Closing was
never in the Business plan though.
Still there are people telling me that
I am not doing enough.
May Tomorrow be like a
Brand New and Different Day.
Amen 🙏🏻

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Yes let’s eradicate the virus. By any means necessary. While we are at it lets also take care of that pesky little thing we used to call freedom. Followed up with complete elimination of those outdated civil rights ideas. As icing on the cake lets destroy tens of thousands of lives through loss of employment, bankrupt business’s, increased suicide rates, increased addiction, and mental illness.

Love the picture. What we need more of is jackbooted thugs imposing their personal interpretation of unconstitutional orders. Even better in a park on a Saturday afternoon against a backdrop of halter top wearing millennial women and their flip flop shod partners. Only thing that would make it better would be a park full of small, about to be terrorized children. Then they will certainly learn the all important lesson to never disagree with or defy our government. Especially a government that has done away with that relic of an idea called parliament. How much better Canada could be if we just let loose a militarized police force on an about to be disarmed populace.

The idea of this should make us all want to break out in a teary rendition of Louis Armstrong’s “What a Wonderful World”. Except singing in Alberta has been deemed unsafe by our all knowing masters. “My apologies Officer, I promise to only hum from now on”, as he is writing me a “social” citation, complete with monetary penalty and social demerits. Three more demerits and no soup for me....or bread...

What a joyous day it was last week as we all downloaded the government’s newest innovation in citizen “protection”. We all rushed to the App Store to receive our personalized IOS 13.5 contact tracer (on Android it was update 666). Now I am comforted in the knowledge that our fatherland can track and trace my every movement, and can send me an instant message the very moment I pass within arms length of an undesirable. Thank you. I am forever grateful for your wisdom and oversight.

Well at least we will be secure in the knowledge that by giving away everything we once held dear, those things we viewed as inalienable, those crazy outlandish ideas our fathers and grandfathers fought and died for, that 99% of us wont get a cough and a runny nose. What a grand bargain.

Damned if we do and damned if we don't. Hope there's someone up there looking out for us.

Reactions: 12cents
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread