Yes let’s eradicate the virus. By any means necessary. While we are at it lets also take care of that pesky little thing we used to call freedom. Followed up with complete elimination of those outdated civil rights ideas. As icing on the cake lets destroy tens of thousands of lives through loss of employment, bankrupt business’s, increased suicide rates, increased addiction, and mental illness.

Love the picture. What we need more of is jackbooted thugs imposing their personal interpretation of unconstitutional orders. Even better in a park on a Saturday afternoon against a backdrop of halter top wearing millennial women and their flip flop shod partners. Only thing that would make it better would be a park full of small, about to be terrorized children. Then they will certainly learn the all important lesson to never disagree with or defy our government. Especially a government that has done away with that relic of an idea called parliament. How much better Canada could be if we just let loose a militarized police force on an about to be disarmed populace.

The idea of this should make us all want to break out in a teary rendition of Louis Armstrong’s “What a Wonderful World”. Except singing in Alberta has been deemed unsafe by our all knowing masters. “My apologies Officer, I promise to only hum from now on”, as he is writing me a “social” citation, complete with monetary penalty and social demerits. Three more demerits and no soup for me....or bread...

What a joyous day it was last week as we all downloaded the government’s newest innovation in citizen “protection”. We all rushed to the App Store to receive our personalized IOS 13.5 contact tracer (on Android it was update 666). Now I am comforted in the knowledge that our fatherland can track and trace my every movement, and can send me an instant message the very moment I pass within arms length of an undesirable. Thank you. I am forever grateful for your wisdom and oversight.

Well at least we will be secure in the knowledge that by giving away everything we once held dear, those things we viewed as inalienable, those crazy outlandish ideas our fathers and grandfathers fought and died for, that 99% of us wont get a cough and a runny nose. What a grand bargain.

Ok.... I admit I come off as radical to some but I see millions across Canada sucking it up and doing their best to help eradicate this Covid virus and when I see a group in the heart of a still extremely active pandemic zone doing everything we've been striving not to do for months now, it disappoints. It would be sad to watch another surge hit the country, and one tends to wonder how many of our families and friends could die. If this virus mutates, who knows what would happen then. It would be catastrophic to see a mutated form that encroached further into the existing survival rates. Sorry guys... this thing still scares the hell out of me.

Ok.... I admit I come off as radical to some but I see millions across Canada sucking it up and doing their best to help eradicate this Covid virus and when I see a group in the heart of a still extremely active pandemic zone doing everything we've been striving not to do for months now, it disappoints. It would be sad to watch another surge hit the country, and one tends to wonder how many of our families and friends could die. If this virus mutates, who knows what would happen then. It would be catastrophic to see a mutated form that encroached further into the existing survival rates. Sorry guys... this thing still scares the hell out of me.

I don't know if radical is the way I would describe your thoughts on this. Passionate perhaps defines it better from my perspective. Granted I have a much bigger view on this than many due to my travels and locations when all this ramped up. That was sheer luck or coincidence if you want. I find a compartmentalizing of the management of covid is very real in different places and countries. This is stated based on what I am currently going through to get back to work in 3 different jurisdictions. (Hope I said that right Jeffy)

Are you aware of the actual diversity in how this virus is being handled? I just got off a work call from Indonesia where getting the virus is considered scorn on you and your family. Thus people are acting to a large degree that nothing is wrong a crowding the subways and markets as always to keep face. This is a good country with 300 million-plus on 13,000 islands. Ya how to handle that? It is in some degree bedlam out there with real people and different cultures.

There are many doctors who say this not remotely this serious and the world has massively overreacted based on limited data; which at the time was completely understandable and correct. But the data now says we need to be mindful and protect the vulnerable while the rest of us get on with life. Mutation... Valid point yes but that's a yearly occurrence with the common flu.

I'm not flying any flag here but am seeing the economic impact on the real people in a place that has not had a new case locally in more than 40 days. Yet the restrictions are still in force. The national air carrier here just went into receivership yesterday. 10s of thousands of jobs lost... boom done.

So while respecting your thoughts on this fully, there is a much bigger picture. The rights being sidelined in the name of our safety is a very real concern and must be addressed and evaluated for the intention and merit. These rights are massively different across the planet.

This is likely the biggest event in modern human history and we must also be objective to some degree and consider how it will be viewed 100 years from now.

but I see millions across Canada sucking it up and doing their best to help eradicate this Covid virus ... this thing still scares the hell out of me.
No doubt people are scared … I will not talk any of them out of that feeling because spread has validity.
Yes there are some who are sucking it up more than others … there are some who are just not financially affected as much.
I don't see it as Millions of Canadians actually sucking it up though.
I do think we might actually be seeing Millions sucking it up with a CERB raise in income though.
They now just don't want to go back to work. But the CERB ends very soon.
Then we can observe these people who will need an employer to employ them for the CEWS.
This is why we need Business and Industries to restart.
Otherwise what may be real scary is for us to watch the unfolding of Millions of Canadians without a source of income !!!
I think some may have been seeing my point-of-view up to now on CCF as wrong, extremist and perhaps scary.
I know others have privately told me otherwise. I was really trying to relate to a big picture and not come across as selfish.
Regardless … I know of many households who will have no income post-CERB.

Today:Woohoo:we get to open some businesses with changes in place that are very similar to the rest of this Province.
I am up late not able to sleep, writing this with reserved hopes that business can restart and come my way again fairly soon. The “spread” I like is knowing when my work gets done, it brings work to about 100 more.

Now as far as meaningless selfish gatherings of 100's of people in parks,
I have to agree that it is just not reflecting a good choice right now.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
Good Day ... the Daily Target-on-my-Back CCF Ranter here again ...
Observation: Prescriptions and Pharmacists
"Due to Covid-19 and drug shortages, we are only permitted to dispense 1 month's prescription at a time"

OK, for those who are cushy with a Blue Cross or other Health Plan of sort, you may eventually
see an increase in premiums or a reduction in the amount covered (deductible). Now why is this?

Those without Health Plans will immediately notice an increase per dosage with 1 month refill intervals.
Every time a Pharmacist dispenses, each separate drug is charged a dispensing fee. I knew about this
a while back and have always refilled on a 3-month frequency. I have 3 drugs so every three months I am
charged 3 dispensing fees (1 per drug) and it's hidden into the receipt. Now with the 1-month restriction,
I will now be charged 9 dispensing fees. A tripling of the outlay. Pennies add up to dollars folks.

I've tried a few things, like asking to pay for 3 months and being charged 1 fee and then being owed for refills
(basically pre-paying). The Pharmacy does not like that. I then suggested paying 1/3rd of the fee for each refill.
The Pharmacy does not like that as well

It's a no brainer to me that Pharmacies have found a way and are now embracing a way to triple their sales.
Was about $12 per month and now $36 per month for dispensing 3 drugs ...
I am (we are) leaking "pennies" everywhere folks and I think it matters !

The pharmacists are going to make a killing, excuse the expression, on this. They were making good money. an understatement, before and now will be rolling in it. Have a friend who is a pharmacist, employee, and the coin. no pennies, they bring home as an employee is nothing to sniff at.
When I was on the company health insurance I could walk in any time for a renewal. Now on the provincial health care scheme and it is monitored. I asked why and was told that it is so that there are no abuses of medications, Makes sense I guess. They majority have to pay for a few rotten apples who like the dope a bit to much.
Isn't the expression "The rich get richer..." Holding true again.

Last edited by a moderator:
The politicians are showing their stupidity here in QC. They want to understand what happened in the residences and long term care facilities that caused all the deaths. So what will they do one might ask??? Why they will have a study undertaken to find out. More government waste to find out that it was government stupidity in the first place that caused the problem.
Nothing like spending more of the taxpayer's dollar after already spending billions to try and contain the virus.

I told the missus back in Feb when it was told that there were cases in the US of A that it was out and spreading.
I will also predict that it will mutate. It has already been detected in dogs, cats, lions. So here we go. Unfortunately it will become part of our yearly bouts with whatever bug is predominate for that time of year.

Sorry SN, I may have the target on my back now. LOL

Today's post for awareness ...

If you are, or know anyone on CERB, this is a heads-up that not only will the Benefit end in June
but may also be your worst nightmare for the 2020 tax return if one is not wise to prepare NOW.
Yes I also believe in the 30% rule ... this should mean there will be savings left over after tax time.
... it takes tremendous discipline to not spend the entire CERB too. So if someone has not been
putting away the portion that you might be owing after tax, put your entire last June payment away.
This means ... you have no income right now ... the only way out for you is to start looking for a job right away.

Nothing funny nor for blow-horn soap-boxing that ...
This is why the slow business restarts are vital right now as they can access CEWS to rehire (not retire) you.

Cheers y'all

crataxcreb.jpg

Last edited:
Feds should have only sent 1500 and said it is non-taxable
..makes too much sense. Government wants to make your life harder instead of easier.

Actually might not work as well when tax-free because CERB recipients are from all tax brackets.
The CERB benefit will be taxed at the highest amount on the 2020 return.
This is excellent because the highest wage earners will benefit less from CERB.
As a Personal tax-payer and a Corporate tax-payer, I would prefer those who earn the most money ... to end up with less CERB.

Even if it did apply to me, sorry I have to agree on the 100% taxable method.

The replacement CEWS is to be taxed through Employment Source Deductions so the appropriate tax level will
be applied by the Company that one works for and based from ones's Annual Salary.

This is Brilliant how this works and I am honestly saying this from the other side of the political spectrum.
Now I also know there are a few double-dippers out there right now - they will (should) get caught at tax time
as there are checks & balances that will be added to the tax forms for T-slips both Corporately and Individually.
... again 99% brilliance for capturing arms-length employment situations too, even though nothing is perfect.

If I am speaking above anyone's head with numbers ... just put at least $2000 of your CERB aside and don't spend it
until after your 2020 tax return ... I don't care if you thank me later because there is no one benefiting from this more than you are.

Last edited:
I’m living with so much ..
“You don’t know what you have ...
Until it is gone” ...

... being so damn happy today that the boyz
at my chop-shop are open for me to get a
Haircut ...
I gave a 60% tip 👍🏻

Not only for rescuing me from
being so “top heavy” ...
I am recognizing those who
Thank Me for my patronage.

Wow... 60% ... It's a little known fact but I have a professional set of electric shears and have been cutting my own hair for 25 years now... who would have thought that I could be raking in a significant extra income... with a great tip to boot....

I’m living with so much ..
“You don’t know what you have ...
Until it is gone” ...

... being so damn happy today that the boyz
at my chop-shop are open for me to get a
Haircut ...
I gave a 60% tip 👍🏻

Not only for rescuing me from
being so “top heavy” ...
I am recognizing those who
Thank Me for my patronage.
I know I basically at least doubled the hourly wage for a fella while he cut my hair ... who was not allowed to work for more than 2 months. I will likely do it next time too.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread