well i hope im not going to get them....

Just remember to warm them up a bit on your first spring drive. These tires are sketchy when cold. Especially on a cold road. It doesn't take long and they get sticky. A couple of miles and some gentle curves.
Don't worry as it will be totally obvious when you apply a bit of RH pedal. :Woohoo:

Over inflating your tires prevents possible “flat spots” from developing when your car is parked for long periods of time 👍.
Nothing worse than having flat spots on the tires of the summer ride ...
87E9700E-7627-41C6-ADA9-ED821EE78B8D.jpeg

Yup you are not alone my friend. Mine is actually parked away from my house so I can't even look at it daily. I am gone overseas to work for a month at a time, and the first thing on my priority list the day after I get home is to get over to the garage and check on the Corvette and Hummer. Can't say the Hummer gets much attention anymore....it's all going to the Corvette the last few years. :Biggrin:
That's because you have your priorities right!

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Hello,
My dealer recommended me not to add any stabilizer in the gas tank and store the car with less than 1/4 full to prevent oxydation of some sensor.
So many different storage procedure that it is hard to know which one is the best. I have overinflate my tires to 40psi. My car is stored in a heated garage.
Still more than 3 months before we can put the car on the road again. Keep waiting...

Reactions: ddgermann
Hello,
My dealer recommended me not to add any stabilizer in the gas tank and store the car with less than 1/4 full to prevent oxydation of some sensor.
So many different storage procedure that it is hard to know which one is the best. I have overinflate my tires to 40psi. My car is stored in a heated garage.
Still more than 3 months before we can put the car on the road again. Keep waiting...

Hello,

Well, I’ve used ”Sta-bil” fuel stabilizer in all my cars over the years and never had a problem. It keeps the fuel fresh when sitting for long periods of time and treats the ethanol that’s in your fuel (tank & fuel lines).

The sensor oxidation has been a hot topic this year Biz. The argument is believable but I still fill my tank and add stabilizer.The stabilizer may not be as important if you are running ethanol free gasoline but current thought process has it that ethanol blended gasoline only has a storage life of 3 months under ideal conditions. Much less if there is condensation forming in the tank. For this and a couple other reasons, I avoid ethanol blended gas like the plague.

Hello,

Sounds like your dealer just wants to sell you cars. Ok kidding...Fuel stabilizer is a very good idea especially with the ethanol on fuel. I've never heard of anyone having a problem using stabilizer... Not using it; well plenty of stories there.
It's also true that 4 months with no stabilizer may not be a big deal. So if you're only storing for a few months your dealer is likely giving you ok advice.

Overinflating the tires is a good plan.

The fuel sensor issue is well documented so again, yes less than 1/4 seems to be the latest consensus.

• Agree
Reactions: Hotrodron
This is what I did this winter:

1. Oil change
2. Put fresh premium gas in it (I tried that Stabil but I think good gas should be all that is needed)
3. Check the anti-freeze level in the radiator and windshield washer fluid
4. I have a cement floor in my non-heated shop so I parked it such that there was plywood under each wheel. I didn't do that with my 2016 Challenger and got flat spots during the first year of storage.
5. Charge the battery every month using the Battery Tender.
6. Don't start it unless I intend to drive it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.