S-S-S-S-H-H-H-H!! It's sleeping!

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0719.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0719.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Yesterday I had the oil changed, put on about 240 km and tucked into bed for the winter, still lots cleaning to do inside and out before the cover goes on.
I only managed 8595 kms this year. We did more than that in 2 weeks last summer during an epic road trip.
So far 1/4 tank of fuel with Stabilizer, battery tender, steel wool in exhaust tips, neutral with E brake released.

Last edited:
Tonight I started the cleaning process and I found a couple of surprises. I started with the the engine, first clean the air filter. It's doing a great job of keeping crap out of the engine.
DSC_0207.JPG

and this is what I got out of the air filter
DSC_0208.JPG

While cleaning I noticed that there were 3 screws missing that hold the CAI in place.
After fixing that I started cleaning the engine it needed it badly!
DSC_0204.JPG

Lots of road grime
after
DSC_0209.JPG

before I called it a night I figured I would see what was in the catch can, I had checked it about 3 months ago, this is what came out this time.
DSC_0211.JPG

only have half the engine done so far.

I'm bad.
I have been storing my C3 for 44 years, for four months of the year.
Half tank of non-ethanol gas. Jack stands. Scented dryer sheets in the car.
That's it. I don't start it, trickle charge it or cover it.
In the spring I do most of the things all the others do in the fall.
But you look forward to it in the spring.
No adverse effects, original paint still looks almost new.

As long as you use a tier 1 premium gas you should be fine without stabilizer. Another reason that I use Shell Nitro.

I agree with the high octane fuel. Especially Shell or Co-op and Esso (NO ETHANOL)... That is all I use around here. But that being said, I still use stabilizer.... Safety margin...lol

Pulled it into our climate controlled garage. Hooked up the battery tender and will wake it up in the spring.

Every once in a while, I go for a drive and visit some poor soles out in the cold waiting to be adopted .... and wonder what are we worrried about ...
View attachment 23899View attachment 23900

That could be me next year if I don't find storage... I wonder how much more rust they get compared to an unheated place when the metal still condensates on and off each day.

That could be me next year if I don't find storage... I wonder how much more rust they get compared to an unheated place when the metal still condensates on and off each day.
There's not a lot on them to rust Tango... With a good cover, you will reduce the amount of condensate considerably as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.