Should be a way to tag that car so the used sale price reflects the treatment it received. If he was driving it all winter like Flyboy that’s fine, but abandoned under a winter of snow and spray is pathetic.
Definitely would not want to buy a Corvette from this guy if he sells them. Too cheap to rent storage for it tends to make one think the maintenance is not that proactive either.
Amazing 😬

I was thinking the same thing. The worst part is he lives in a newer duplex so I’m sure he has a garage. No matter what’s in there he should at least make room for that car. I treat my 87 much better than that

Reactions: ddgermann
Well it's done! Did all the above mentioned necessities required to putting my baby in storage for the next six months. Now comes the long, cold wait of winter to pass so I can take her back out to terrorize the streets! 'Scuz me while I wipe a tear from my eye.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0719.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0719.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Sad
Reactions: ddgermann
When you open the cocoon in the spring, a butterfly emerges. Do you really want that????
With the fan constantly running and bringing in "fresh" air, would it bring in dust?
Just cover the car with a good quality car cover, so you can peek every once in a while, then cover to keep it warm and safe then repeat.

Reactions: YFCvii
Well it's done! Did all the above mentioned necessities required to putting my baby in storage for the next six months. Now comes the long, cold wait of winter to pass so I can take her back out to terrorize the streets! 'Scuz me while I wipe a tear from my eye.

Yup I went through this pain 4 weeks ago. In 3 months the hurt with slowly begin turning to anticipation. 😂

Reactions: 12cents and YFCvii
question, i am looking for a place to store my car but most do not have power for battery tender. is stored in door with out ok?. last year i had to store it out door at home but had battery tender. this year i want to put it away.

question, i am looking for a place to store my car but most do not have power for battery tender. is stored in door with out ok?. last year i had to store it out door at home but had battery tender. this year i want to put it away.

I put mine at a storage facility, indoor rental place.
Was going to store outdoors with a cover but thought, I've waited all my life for my dream car so why cut corners with it.
I put 3/4 tank of gas, added stabil, washed, maxed tire pressure per sidewall number, oil is at 85%, parked in indoor storage, shut all doors, took out battery (will take home), covered with cloth cover, took one last look, locked storage door.
Hoping for the best until hibernation is over.

what place and how much are you paying?
I chose storage mart. There are several locations and prices. Google car storage calgary for lots of options.
Back when the Southeast Storage was first built, they were selling garage titles for $20k each.
I was game and had a deposit on one. There was a clause that they could buy back the title
and they did just that before opening the place. These places seem rather expensive within the city.
Check Okotoks and High River, (south & east) etc. @thomigun as the pricing might be a tad bit less
if it can be found but you may need rodent protection ...

If I had land, I would consider building a storage building to see if I could sustain its cost over time.
er wait ... if I had mo'money ... I would buy land ... and consider ... then I guess have mo'problems.

Back when the Southeast Storage was first built, they were selling garage titles for $20k each.
I was game and had a deposit on one. There was a clause that they could buy back the title
and they did just that before opening the place. These places seem rather expensive within the city.
Check Okotoks and High River, (south & east) etc. @thomigun as the pricing might be a tad bit less
if it can be found but you may need rodent protection ...

If I had land, I would consider building a storage building to see if I could sustain its cost over time.
er wait ... if I had mo'money ... I would buy land ... and consider ... then I guess have mo'problems.
yes, with the wife being off work for sometime now, the prices they are giving me are kind of high for us right now. most that i have back are around $350 a month.

• Informative
Reactions: YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.