Good News for the DIYers ... this cat’s looking pretty happy starting Monday October 1st until Hallowern Night - Mobil 1 is $37 for 4.4 litres at Napa - says “various grades” and photo shows 5W-30 😁👍🏻
2F4011BE-F1B1-4D48-8A11-0DC5D012F63D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Sigh.... Back to work this Sunday, only storage insurance on the car as of this Monday. Is winter over yet?
STOP these depressing thoughts!
21C today, top down and an ice cream. Leaves are starting to change probably because they are tired of waiting for the frost. Next two weeks will be top colours for driving around the hills.

STOP these depressing thoughts!
21C today, top down and an ice cream. Leaves are starting to change probably because they are tired of waiting for the frost. Next two weeks will be top colours for driving around the hills.
... the song never stops ...
"it's the most won-der-ful time of the year ...."
starts right from the nuisance "Back to School at Staples" ads on the TV.

Last edited:
Just a further thought on storage. Like to take the car for a half hour drive with the a/c on to get the seals nicely lubricated. Then I like to add Sea Foam as a stabilizer, then fill it up with Shell 91 here in B.C. cause it has no ethanol in their 91. Then straight home, let it cool down and cover it with its nightie and wish it a good hibernation. This of course after it has its oil change and then has all four wheels on their dollies.

Great thread. Thank you to all you contributed above. Adding a couple of thoughts. For those who do not have the capacity to keep your battery on a charger, if/when you take it out, it needs to be a full 45 minutes drive, and second, one of the things that sounds counterintuitive for winter driving, is to insure once it is been run for half that length of time (or more), turn on your air condition at least for a few minutes to avoid condensation built up within its system. I do not live in as harsh a climate as you, but try and find a couple of dry dayes in a row, so use day one for the roads to dry up, the second day to do my driving.

Thanks again for all the great suggestions made above!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.