Thx Graham... That will do me for at least five months now.... Had a great summer though. Especially the run out to Vancouver :thumbs:.... Looking forward to next year and having some more seat time.... Here's hoping winter flies by for all of us :Hurray:

Eric

I had the Vert out yesterday to go to the corner store...
It took me almost an hour?!? Top down. Around the block.. Over here. Over there...
Might as well take the long way home.
LOL

Insured 'til end of month so it might get out again.
Then clean, change oil, put the top up, add a few dryer sheets, pump up tires, etc.

Graham

I had the Vert out yesterday to go to the corner store...
It took me almost an hour?!? Top down. Around the block.. Over here. Over there...
Might as well take the long way home.
LOL

Insured 'til end of month so it might get out again.
Then clean, change oil, put the top up, add a few dryer sheets, pump up tires, etc.

Graham
hmmmmm...."almost an hour".... I'm thinking this is either a dedicated Corvette driver who loves his cars and loves cruising in them; or the corner that the store is on is in Port Coquitlam... or perhaps the Langley traffic was extremely bad that day..... :rolleyes:.... But, having been to your house and knowing you even the little bit that I do, I'm sticking with answer # 1. :Cheers2:

Eric...
You forgot Scenario #4 Could be a bit of dementia.. I might have got lost...!

I think I drove by your place but I couldn't stop..i had to get home! ....
Bev is used to me going to store and then not hearing from me for a while.
Whenever I return she asks "Where did you go?"..
Usually my response is "Here and there!, What time is it?"
LOL
This doesn't happen so much in the winter.
Graham

Eric...
You forgot Scenario #4 Could be a bit of dementia.. I might have got lost...!

I think I drove by your place but I couldn't stop..i had to get home! ....
Bev is used to me going to store and then not hearing from me for a while.
Whenever I return she asks "Where did you go?"..
Usually my response is "Here and there!, What time is it?"
LOL
This doesn't happen so much in the winter.
Graham
hahaha.... too funny.... but dementia or not, you better not be driving past my place without stopping....:noooo:

C7....

Oil Change
Wash and wax.
Inflate tires to 32 PSI
Stored in garage... each tire on a 1 1/4 inch thick piece of Styrofoam insulation.
(tires will lose a little air...but the Styrofoam prevents the tires from mis-shaping...as they sink a bit into the Styrofoam in their original round shape.
Attach Battery tender
Install cover.
Dream about spring coming fast.
Any issues (other than losing radio presets) if battery is removed during winter storage? My corvette is a 1996.

Last but not least loosen your convertible top so the tension is released, while sitting dormant. Also talked to one of Manny's mechanics recently and he told me for all the ground pin connections, they take them apart, clean them, then fill them with dielectric grease and all moisture will not be a worry for a very long time. and before cleaning make sure you have a few ground bolts from GM handy as they can break on loosening.
For you pickup owners this winter, It is always good to have lots of weight over your rear tires as the driver in this video shows.
Theres Not Clearing Snow Off Your Car Then Theres This

Last edited:
Hey everyone.... It's been seven years and five months since Riley started this post and for anyone who has scrolled through the pages, there is tons of great information regarding winter storage of your Corvette. It's been four months since I posted that short last drive of the year video.... a circle in the yard and into the shop...
Well. it's February 20 now and every morning and evening I see more and more daylight time.... That is a sign to me that it's time to start thinking about that day we are dreaming about... taking our babies out for that first run...
So with that, I pulled my cover off last night, washed and wiped her down, and today I'm breaking out the Meguiars Ultimate Wax, The Meguiars Leather Conditioner, and a few other cans and bottles of protectant and conditioner.

This is my "fix". No driving yet for a while but today will make me smile.... Someone this fall stated that "It's only a car" but I swear last night she was purring in anticipation of today as I wiped her down. My imagination? Maybe but imagination and dreams are what keeps most of us going through the winter months.... especially here on the Prairies....

Well... 6 hours later.... Not all 6 spent waxing....lol... but all done and got my car "fix" even if I didn't get to drive..... but she is clean and waxed and ready for summer..... whenever it gets here....

DSCN5391d.jpg

Tires and airdam are still dirty!:Pistolsmiley:

Bill:bag:
:rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O I have an excuse Bill.... By the time I got the rest of the car done, if I'd have bent down one more time to scrub the dam and the tires, I would have needed to call a chiropractor with a mobile hoist to get me up.... lol.... But I will take your criticism into consideration for the next time.... :p

Car put away with first mod. Fancy orange redneck vette lift kit to help minimize the splitter from dragging as I exit the driveway in the spring. :)

View attachment 12756

Good idea. Ya know you could just remove the rear lifts, strap the fronts on tight and drive the car that way. Would save possible splitter damage all the time... o_O

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.