I'm wondering if anyone who has factory ordered a new Corvette has had it arrive at the dealership in the dead of winter (ie. late November to late February). If so, have you paid for it upon arrival or has the dealer stored it for you and only required payment when you took delivery in the Spring?

This relates to a new C8 convertible which was originally supposed to arrive in June but now it looks like late November at the earliest. I'm told by my dealer that the warranty starts to run when payment is made. I question paying for the vehicle, only to then park it and have the warranty tick away while the car is parked. Since this will be a "summer-only vehicle" I'm more interested in the "time" aspect of the warranty, as opposed to the "mileage" aspect.

Has anyone had a new Corvette arrive from the factory really late in the year and if so, how did this work for you?

Maybe I'm just out-to-lunch and will have to suck it up, and automatically "lose" 4 or 5 months of warranty right out of the gate.

Pickup my car mid November .. pay the car .. bought insurance for 1 year and drove the car straight to the storage ( I only drove my car 6 month a year ) .. one thing that I understand (correct me if i'm wrong) warranty start to kick IN when you sign the paper .. bought the insurance and drove the car out of the dealer lot .. and I don't think so you can put it on hold the car warranty when you already sign all the paper and drove the car out.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Pickup my car mid November .. pay the car .. bought insurance for 1 year and drove the car straight to the storage ( I only drove my car 6 month a year ) .. one thing that I understand (correct me if i'm wrong) warranty start to kick IN when you sign the paper .. bought the insurance and drove the car out of the dealer lot .. and I don't think so you can put it on hold the car warranty when you already sign all the paper and drove the car out.

Thanks "BloodyBee". You likely had better November weather in Victoria but for me in Edmonton I suspect I'll not be able to drive my new car from the Calgary dealership home to Edmonton in late November or early December. I'm wondering what's happened to others with that "cold winter weather and roads scenario".

I'm wondering if anyone who has factory ordered a new Corvette has had it arrive at the dealership in the dead of winter (ie. late November to late February). If so, have you paid for it upon arrival or has the dealer stored it for you and only required payment when you took delivery in the Spring?

This relates to a new C8 convertible which was originally supposed to arrive in June but now it looks like late November at the earliest. I'm told by my dealer that the warranty starts to run when payment is made. I question paying for the vehicle, only to then park it and have the warranty tick away while the car is parked. Since this will be a "summer-only vehicle" I'm more interested in the "time" aspect of the warranty, as opposed to the "mileage" aspect.

Has anyone had a new Corvette arrive from the factory really late in the year and if so, how did this work for you?

Maybe I'm just out-to-lunch and will have to suck it up, and automatically "lose" 4 or 5 months of warranty right out of the gate.
I got winter delivery in december of 2016. dealer asked me to come get it to prevent customers from brushing up against it inadvertently . as it worked out, he drove it to the 3rd party 3M installer and then brought it to my house on the first dry day above 3 degrees. as per my previous posts here, I regularly drive it in the winter when the weather allows

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Thanks "BloodyBee". You likely had better November weather in Victoria but for me in Edmonton I suspect I'll not be able to drive my new car from the Calgary dealership home to Edmonton in late November or early December. I'm wondering what's happened to others with that "cold winter weather and roads scenario".

As long as it is above 0 (3 C is a number kicking around but the Michelin website will give you their minimum temperature values) You will be fine with pilots SS on. Just be careful as they will not heat up well and will be a bit slippery if you are pulling Gs or hard acceleration and breaking.
I drove a Z06 from YYC to YEG in late October after picking it up and it was rainy and light snowy most of the way. No issues with the tires cracking and only spun once leaving the dealership. haha

The math is ...

A) you are not driving it for the first 5 months of warranty
or
B) you are not driving it for the last 5 months of warranty
or
C) any combination in between for warranty

It makes no difference in my opinion and I hope you don't need to use warranty. :thumbs:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.