I would love to own a C8. With that being said I had my C6 for three years and just upgraded to a C7, I love my C7, but I still miss my C6 . It was an awesome car. Let's face it, if it is a Corvette it is an awesome car and each generation is worthy of appreciation. If you are a car crazy guy like me, you can be sure there is a Corvette that you will love, And if money were no object, you would own more than one and possibly as many at least one from every generation..

Have to agree with D. on this one Al. I loved the C6, and I owned one as well, but just something about the C7 ass that drips sexy.... jmo

View attachment 29434

Owning a C-7, especially since I'm also a new owner (3 months), my desire and/or appreciation of the new C-8 was obviously going to be negatively preconceived...............

My wife, after watching the C-8 reveal live with me was also quite thrilled when I said, "I don't like it". Ha ha

I would like to agree with you regarding the rear end of both the C-6 and the C-7.......both are great!

Generally speaking the C-8 looks more like a Ferrari than it does like a Corvette......however the C-7 certainly ripped off some styling cues from Ferrari as well.

I don't like the rear end of the new C-8 at all. It doesn't have the traditional Corvette flags on the ass end and that's not right. Those flags are synonymous with Corvette!

I've added a couple of photos to show similarity between the C-7 and Ferrari as well as a great shot of my cars rear end!!!

Well, after viewing the bronze photos I'll say this, the front end and side view is awesome....more Ferrari looking than Corvette, but this will become Corvettes new look! I don't like the rear end at all......the tail lights I can learn to live with, but having no crossed flags and I really don't like the exhaust, both are deal breakers! Those four 4" pipes on the C-6 and C-7 located in the centre screamed muscle! The twin pipes at opposite ends of the C-8 don't look right!

Cobra

Attachments

• IMG_2229.jpg
    IMG_2229.jpg
    617.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2231.jpg
    IMG_2231.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2785.PNG
    IMG_2785.PNG
    928.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2786.PNG
    IMG_2786.PNG
    683.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Owning a C-7, especially since I'm also a new owner (3 months), my desire and/or appreciation of the new C-8 was obviously going to be negatively preconceived...............

My wife, after watching the C-8 reveal live with me was also quite thrilled when I said, "I don't like it". Ha ha

I would like to agree with you regarding the rear end of both the C-6 and the C-7.......both are great!

Generally speaking the C-8 looks more like a Ferrari than it does like a Corvette......however the C-7 certainly ripped off some styling cues from Ferrari as well.

I don't like the rear end of the new C-8 at all. It doesn't have the traditional Corvette flags on the ass end and that's not right. Those flags are synonymous with Corvette!

I've added a couple of photos to show similarity between the C-7 and Ferrari as well as a great shot of my cars rear end!!!

Well, after viewing the bronze photos I'll say this, the front end and side view is awesome....more Ferrari looking than Corvette, but this will become Corvettes new look! I don't like the rear end at all......the tail lights I can learn to live with, but having no crossed flags and I really don't like the exhaust, both are deal breakers! Those four 4" pipes on the C-6 and C-7 located in the centre screamed muscle! The twin pipes at opposite ends of the C-8 don't look right!

Cobra

I hear ya Cobra. Personally I see more of a resemblence between the C8 and the McLaren. I'm gonna have a tough time telling them apart on the road.... other than there's not a lot of McLarens cruising central Alberta...lol...
Here's what I mean...

mclaren.jpg

C8.jpg

Cobra

Don’t think that they had much choice on the exhaust going to the sides with that awesome and innovative trunk. I’d gladly accept the side exhausts to have the trunk. 👍

I hear ya Cobra. Personally I see more of a resemblence between the C8 and the McLaren. I'm gonna have a tough time telling them apart on the road.... other than there's not a lot of McLarens cruising central Alberta...lol...
Here's what I mean...

View attachment 29538

View attachment 29540

Hmm......can a car manufacturer sue another when they copy design........those two cars look extremely similar!

Reactions: Rruuff Day
I would love to own a C8. With that being said I had my C6 for three years and just upgraded to a C7, I love my C7, but I still miss my C6 . It was an awesome car. Let's face it, if it is a Corvette it is an awesome car and each generation is worthy of appreciation. If you are a car crazy guy like me, you can be sure there is a Corvette that you will love, And if money were no object, you would own more than one and possibly as many at least one from every generation..
Yup. A 67, a C7 and of course a C8. Then reality sets in. I'm good with my C7 ..... for now.

• Agree
When you look at the colours available from this Car and Driver article,really it’s only the Bronze and the Rapid Blue which are new. The yellow might’ve been tweaked a bit but overall,it’s the same (most) colours carried over from the C7 Gen.

The bronze might be one of those colours that takes some getting used too maybe. Perhaps in a natural light setting. I wouldnt find it exciting enough to drive it off the lot. JMO. Looks more like a suit/tie/shoes guy colour as apposed to T-shirt/jeans/Piloti type guy.

90E2CE09-853F-4FEA-A097-CF504B41A31E.png

When you look at the colours available from this Car and Driver article,really it’s only the Bronze and the Rapid Blue which are new. The yellow might’ve been tweaked a bit but overall,it’s the same (most) colours carried over from the C7 Gen.

The bronze might be one of those colours that takes some getting used too maybe. Perhaps in a natural light setting. I wouldnt find it exciting enough to drive it off the lot. JMO. Looks more like a suit/tie/shoes guy colour as apposed to T-shirt/jeans/Piloti type guy.

View attachment 29606

Ya Mike that Zeus Bronze is a really different colour for a Corvette but it’s likely as you say. I’ve been around a bit and I remember in Monaco especially, I would see these types of exotic colours on supercars often. The red or black Ferrari’s still turned my head the quickest though.
I really am drawn to the new Rapid Blue I have to admit.

I am reading initial orders will be asking for yellow exterior with red interiors. I think that leaked document had that combination. Also thinking the yellow might be metallic ??? Not sure though other than it’s not gonna be my choice.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread