Reactions: MikeysZ06
All I really know is that this is the ass a Corvette should have.....

I’m not seeing it. Looks old and boring to me. Before you get all twisted l... I owned one. 😂

Have to agree with D. on this one Al. I loved the C6, and I owned one as well, but just something about the C7 ass that drips sexy.... jmo

Thank you! Out for a drive last night with my son - love the way it handles. They have processed my down payment; but, not sure whether to order - will depend on trade-in, balance owing etc.. Only have 11,000 + km on my car. I'd love to see one up close and personal as well and sit in it - maybe get an opportunity at Duecks here in Vancouver at some point?

Reactions: turbozig
I watched the reveal live.......great presentation......the speakers must have had someone reading their script wirelessly to them, otherwise how can each of them speak so flawlessly with a scripted announcement......so much detail and quite long! I didn't see any teleprompters, but maybe they were there?

Having just received my Z06 (2019) two months ago I'm not blown away with the design of the new C-8 and much to my wife's relief, as of now I actually prefer the looks of my C-7 over the new C-8.

With forward seating, that in itself is a strong departure from all that's Corvette and the rear tail lights smack of the Camaro, more so than the C-7!

I don't understand how with sub 500hp they can get sub 3.0 second times 0-60mph. Did I miss something......is this car all wheel drive? With only approximately 30 additional hp over the current Grand Sport which has high 3's in the 0-60 .......that's a huge achievement to reduce that specification with only a modest increase in power?

Cobra

I really liked the car in general and some of the new features are excellent. Although like you not sold on the rear end view. But seems tolerable.
The interior..... I’m going to have to see it up close and personal. Really not digging all those buttons in a row. And the cup holder is still totally crap 💩
Saw the video with a 6’2 guy that NIK put up and that guy did not look to comfortable kinking his arm to get to some of the rear switches in the row.

The quick times are about weight transfer and geometry. That car presses down on those tires far better then the C7. So the power is actually usable for a launch. Unlike yours and my car. But we like to spin those 335s don’t we. Come on... admit it.. 😁
Spinning and don’t care about winning.

• Haha
Reactions: BDK and Nik
I love the look of the convertible. I've had ST cars before - last one 07 Shelby GT 500 - a pain in the ass to drive in the city. The M setting on my C7 is amazing and way more responsive than a S.T. and as much fun to shift.

Reactions: BDK and ddgermann
I really liked the car in general and some of the new features are excellent. Although like you not sold on the rear end view. But seems tolerable.
The interior..... I’m going to have to see it up close and personal. Really not digging all those buttons in a row. And the cup holder is still totally crap 💩
Saw the video with a 6’2 guy that NIK put up and that guy did not look to comfortable kinking his arm to get to some of the rear switches in the row.

The quick times are about weight transfer and geometry. That car presses down on those tires far better then the C7. So the power is actually usable for a launch. Unlike yours and my car. But we like to spin those 335s don’t we. Come on... admit it.. 😁
Spinning and don’t care about winning.

Hit my 800km's two Fridays ago..........less than five hours later I was showing a well dressed young man in blue my ownership and insurance. I went out to the dealer, outskirts of town to try out my newly accessible power. Prior to this the car was shutting down at 4,000rpms........

So I made a slow left onto 3rd line and let her rip, first gear almost to red line and then a couple of seconds in 2nd gear. The next thing I see in my rear view mirror is blazing red flashing lights, on the roof of a new city police truck passing the lady in the compact car that was directly behind me. I pulled over, the officer approached my car and he said "didn't you see me back there at the light?" I said, "officer, if I saw you back there do you really think I would have driven like that?" He laughed.

He then started asking me all kind of questions about the car. He said as long as I check out he would let me off. I told him although it might be difficult to believe however that I really was a responsible driver, with like one speeding ticket in my entire life and I'm a rules follower! He never asked me to slow down or really said anything. He walked around the car, asking more questions. I told him about the oil change in the morning which opened up the cars computer and horse power. He said, "so, you were just trying it out! I think I'd want to try it out too!"

He let me off, but it bothered me so much I didn't drive the car for a week. It is absolutely impossible to drive that car sanely.

Derek, you bet I like to let it rip! I've even been fooling around with the "TC" off....ha ha.

So, almost red line in first, a couple of seconds in second at full throttle..........what speed did I hit........I was in a 50km zone!

Cobra

Last edited:
Hit my 800km's two Fridays ago..........less than five hours later I was showing a well dressed young man in blue my ownership and insurance. I went out to the dealer, outskirts of town to try out my newly accessible power. Prior to this the car was shutting down at 4,000rpms........

So I made a slow left onto 3rd line and let her rip, first gear almost to red line and then a couple of seconds in 2nd gear. The next thing I see in my rear view mirror is blazing red flashing lights, on the roof of a new city police truck passing the lady in the compact car that was directly behind me. I pulled over, the officer approached my car and he said "didn't you see me back there at the light?" I said, "officer, if I saw you back there do you really think I would have driven like that?" He laughed.

He then started asking me all kind of questions about the car. He said as long as I check out he would let me off. I told him although it might be difficult to believe however that I really was a responsible driver, with like one speeding ticket in my entire life and I'm a rules follower! He never asked me to slow down or really said anything. He walked around the car, asking more questions. I told him about the oil change in the morning which opened up the cars computer and horse power. He said, "so, you were just trying it out! I think I'd want to try it out too!"

He let me off, but it bothered me so much I didn't drive the car for a week. It is absolutely impossible to drive that car sanely.

Derek, you bet I like to let it rip! I've even been fooling around with the "TC" off....ha ha.

So, almost red line in first, a couple of seconds in second at full throttle..........what speed did I hit........I was in a 50km zone!

Cobra

Good you got nabbed by a corvette lover. And really happy to hear your car is running right. Ya... the power is fun and tempting to play with. 👍

Reactions: Cobravenomous
I like 80% of the C8...... no manual and Camaro rear tail lights suck. Guess no convertible anymore too.. haha

Guessing most decently option ones will be north of $90k Cnd .... that is way way more then I paid for my C6 ZR1 in 2012

It’s 2020 when this car comes out and it’s way ahead of the C7 in features let alone a C6. Did you buy your ZR1 new? No didn’t think so.
It’s all up to the buyer. If one wants he can own the car with most of the the tech for the base price however can run to price up to the max if he/she chooses. Eventually the price spread will be all the way up to 200k if the rumoured Zora surfaces.
But the mainstream models will have a similar price spread as the current C7s I believe. Maybe just slightly higher numbers. Which should help a bit to retain the value of the C7.
The car is overall affordable for what one is getting.

No, didn't buy mine new..... got it with 10,000 km in 2012 for 55% of the new price.

No pictures of the base model... wonder what wheels will be on it.

They debut a car that they say is under $60k but the 3 cars they used looked fully optioned.

Probably will be an amazing car..... the C6 was improved to the C5 and C7 to C6 ... always getting better.

B

No, didn't buy mine new..... got it with 10,000 km in 2012 for 55% of the new price.

No pictures of the base model... wonder what wheels will be on it.

They debut a car that they say is under $60k but the 3 cars they used looked fully optioned.

Probably will be an amazing car..... the C6 was improved to the C5 and C7 to C6 ... always getting better.

B

Ya for sure GM is always improving these cars as time rolls on. I remember someone at the reveal or maybe a YouTuber interview after making your point about the cars on display at the reveal definitely not being the under 60k cars. More like the 90-100K car I’d expect. I don’t think we have seen the actual entry level car yet anywhere. Well I haven’t at least.
It’s a tiny bit greasy to make the price announcement and not have an example of it there. But I guess that would take the glamorous subterfuge out of it all.
Likely a $1000 of every car will to pay for that delightful circus yesterday. 😂

The dealerships are going to really take advantage of this one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread