The price point seems to have most potential consumers approval. But they have not released pricing on Z06, GS, or higher level cars. Pleasant or unpleasant surprises are still around the corner. From a marketing perspective they have handled this like genius’s. Hype, presentation, and base level price and performance have ignited the huddled masses. Well done from that angle.

The price point seems to have most potential consumers approval. But they have not released pricing on Z06, GS, or higher level cars. Pleasant or unpleasant surprises are still around the corner. From a marketing perspective they have handled this like genius’s. Hype, presentation, and base level price and performance have ignited the huddled masses. Well done from that angle.

I would expect a similar price spread as we have now for the models as you move up. Disregarding all the dealership gouging of course. In 4 or 5 years these things will be a dime a dozen.
The wildcard that I see is the rumoured “Zora” version. Now that one may be “Ford GT” pricey and as hard to get.

For now I’m not in a hurry to get into the feeding frenzy that’s coming. Going to chill and see what the Z06s and ZR1s got to offer. Pretty happy with my old current outdated Z06.

All I really know is that this is the ass a Corvette should have.....

Attachments

• ED447ADE-6D66-4DDA-836A-F90690DABF70.jpeg
    ED447ADE-6D66-4DDA-836A-F90690DABF70.jpeg
    375.4 KB · Views: 14
  • E4193205-4CFA-43D5-A22F-689753A5D12E.jpeg
    E4193205-4CFA-43D5-A22F-689753A5D12E.jpeg
    820.3 KB · Views: 20
I’m not seeing it. Looks old and boring to me. Before you get all twisted l... I owned one. 😂
No twist here. Different strokes. If I had the dough for a new C8, I may actually go the other way and try to get my hands on a C1, 2, or 3 for the same $100k. A rag top C3 Roadster, numbers matching, ground up restoration.....🤤

I think GM did a nice job with this car. It sounds like the performance is exceptional for a car in this price range. The C7 is a fantastic car but as mentioned, it has reached its limit because of the layout. This car will sell well simply on performance numbers. Still love my C7 ... but it would be nice if it had a sibling.

Reactions: BDK and ddgermann
I think the fact that it's a sub 3 second car with a mere 490 hp speaks to some of the benefits of the new layout. Lots of cool toys to be excited about, over the air updates (about effing time), speed bump memory for the nose lift (that's cool if it works), built in dashcam like functionality (not just PDR).

Manual is going to be missed though.

More detailed walkthrough:

I’m with Spence on this Nik. Thanks for enabling us to enjoy the show. It wouldn’t play on my TV but worked fine on the phone.

You're very welcome folks. GM did not spend too many R&D dollars on making the reveal easy to access for the masses outside of their corp landing page. Boo on that.

Reactions: ddgermann
I watched the reveal live.......great presentation......the speakers must have had someone reading their script wirelessly to them, otherwise how can each of them speak so flawlessly with a scripted announcement......so much detail and quite long! I didn't see any teleprompters, but maybe they were there?

Having just received my Z06 (2019) two months ago I'm not blown away with the design of the new C-8 and much to my wife's relief, as of now I actually prefer the looks of my C-7 over the new C-8.

With forward seating, that in itself is a strong departure from all that's Corvette and the rear tail lights smack of the Camaro, more so than the C-7!

I don't understand how with sub 500hp they can get sub 3.0 second times 0-60mph. Did I miss something......is this car all wheel drive? With only approximately 30 additional hp over the current Grand Sport which has high 3's in the 0-60 .......that's a huge achievement to reduce that specification with only a modest increase in power?

Cobra

The C7 and the C8 definitely had tail lights like the last version of the Camaro.... but the new 2019
Camaro has nice new tail lights that resemble more of the roundness that historically the corvette
had for tail lights.... hmmm maybe they should have integrated those newer camaro lights into the
C8 instead :)

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 15
The C7 and the C8 definitely had tail lights like the last version of the Camaro.... but the new 2019
Camaro has nice new tail lights that resemble more of the roundness that historically the corvette
had for tail lights.... hmmm maybe they should have integrated those newer camaro lights into the
C8 instead :)

Nice plate!

Reactions: Heiko
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread