Jul 10, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 Convertible
Province
BC
I just put down my convertible top today, and when I try to raise it up, I noticed the back won't close, so I walked out and see this thing is broken.

1. See that one side is up while the other side is already down
img1.jpg

2. The side that is down is working because the wire is there.
img2.jpg

3. The side that is up is broken, because the wire is broken and it can't fold it back anymore.
img3.jpg

I believe this is a quality issue and should be covered by warranty, but I am a bit worried as I moved from the US to Canada, and seems the warranty won't cover me.
I will go to check out with my local dealer tomorrow, but want to ask if anyone had this issue before. and how long it takes for them to fix or replace parts.

• Wow
Reactions: Bunny hop
yes, many issues with this exact problem on the US Corvette Forum. Lots of guys including me (now) have Zip-Ties in the car just in case this happens. Looks like that's a quick fix to be able to temporarily get the roof closed. Looks to me like a bad design, the cables look too thin to me? Not sure why GM haven't put in a perm fix for this. I haven't had an issue YET, but I'm afraid after so many cycles of the roof, that everyone might have the same problem....GM NEEDS to fix this, and can't believe nothing has been done after 4 years of production....

Reactions: Bunny hop
I just put down my convertible top today, and when I try to raise it up, I noticed the back won't close, so I walked out and see this thing is broken.

1. See that one side is up while the other side is already down
View attachment 112886

2. The side that is down is working because the wire is there.
View attachment 112887

3. The side that is up is broken, because the wire is broken and it can't fold it back anymore.
View attachment 112888

I believe this is a quality issue and should be covered by warranty, but I am a bit worried as I moved from the US to Canada, and seems the warranty won't cover me.
I will go to check out with my local dealer tomorrow, but want to ask if anyone had this issue before. and how long it takes for them to fix or replace parts.
also, curious, what year is your C8?

GM has always done on the cheap side and prayed it would work. Never had problems with my Ford Mustang GTs but we did see a lot of Camaros break down on the Napierville Dragway. I would like to apologize to anyone I might have of offended , in one of my post. It had started out as a joke thing but it went south way too fast , sadly. I would of done so before but I have very busy these days and that post was shut down , so could not decide , when and where.

GM has always done on the cheap side and prayed it would work.
Are you mistaking GM for Chrysler? LOL.
I've had gm's all my life and only one car had any issues and that was a first year '88 Beretta.
Chrysler on the other hand have always been ... "inexpensive", though more recently they've improved I believe.

Reactions: Dik and MKinOntario
Are you mistaking GM for Chrysler? LOL.
I've had gm's all my life and only one car had any issues and that was a first year '88 Beretta.
Chrysler on the other hand have always been ... "inexpensive", though more recently they've improved I believe.
I, on the other hand, have had trouble with most of my GMs. Breaks, carburetor, rust, but my Vettes nothing except for the 2017 .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.