Hello everyone:
Spence is organizing the Cold Lake Corvette Convoy (Cavalcade or Caravan are other synonyms for Convoy that we can use for an official name for this) from Edmonton leaving early Friday morning in order to get everyone here by early afternoon .... his Corvette Convoy / Cavalcade will also be a charity run. We will decide what the charity-of-choice will be shortly (we have a good idea what it will be but will meet with some key people first before making it public).

Thank you for the updates Grant and thank you for allowing me to help out in this small way. For everyone on CCF, the run from Edmonton to Cold Lake will actually start from where you reside as you will need to get to Edmonton to join the leg that is primarily being set up so that arrival in Cold Lake can be "timed" or "staged" by the Town and for Friday's Photoshoot Opportunity. The 3.5hr +/- Cruise will be kept simple and I will reach out to get help from a few of you in Edmonton as to where it would be best to start this out from. Arrival in Cold Lake will be to a parking lot, where we will have to opportunity to "de-bug" the vehicles (if needed) ... more to come on that.

Following a brief chat that I had with each of Grant (and Norm) who are in Cold Lake, this event and opportunity will be hard to turn away from ...

For those who cannot join in the leg from Edmonton to Cold Lake ... not one worry at all. The time to meet and location in Cold Lake will be soon posted so that you are included with everyone else in Friday's opportunities.

I would like to add that there is tremendous appreciation for your dedication toward this event, Grant, and for your service to our Country :canada: :thumbs:

Last edited:
I certainly hope a few of the Calgary guys can make it. I’ll hate the 3 hrs driving north solo.

Aren’t you coming up with Spence’s group?

I have not yet set my itinerary for a Thursday start, however I myself, have two cars and two drivers
and an early Friday morning for six+ hours of driving from Calgary might not be good for all the drivers (and passenger).
So this is why it's best to work on a smaller Friday Leg from Edmonton and that way we all (who can) will get to that start point any way we are able to.

Hey guys, decided I'd try and make this event now. Is anyone else by chance coming down from Fort Mac that I could convoy with? I plan on meeting up with the Edmonton Caravan somewhere close to Cold Lake (maybe bonnyville depending on route you guys take) and inserting myself into that group to roll in together. I'll give this thread a read through to see all of what is going on.

This is Mark Durocher from facebook if people are unfamiliar with who I am as I don't get on CCF much, got a modded red C7. :)

Hey guys, decided I'd try and make this event now. Is anyone else by chance coming down from Fort Mac that I could convoy with? I plan on meeting up with the Edmonton Caravan somewhere close to Cold Lake (maybe bonnyville depending on route you guys take) and inserting myself into that group to roll in together. I'll give this thread a read through to see all of what is going on.

This is Mark Durocher from facebook if people are unfamiliar with who I am as I don't get on CCF much, got a modded red C7. :)
Hi Mark @blue_bomber697 , You have Spence here ... although we have not yet met, the same Spence as on the Facebook Alberta Corvettes with you and the others who are not normally on CCF too.
Your concern/request is pretty much why I contacted the coordinator of the event (Grant) ... to let him know that I am on both social sites and can hope to be of help to keep information coordinated and dispersed equally between these social resources of the many Corvette Owners in the Cold Lake Area during the Air Show and Corvette Anniversary benefits. So I have this note from you now and the Friday Morning/Afternoon Caravan will be posted once finalized, so that you can join and we can look for you for our roll into Cold Lake.

It is intended to have one source of information at the Corvette.Zone and this will be made known to everyone once it can be made

Thank you.

Last edited:
AF26FBE7-F3E8-4510-AC93-C7E840270A03.png
Here’s a little teaser pic of the Canadian F-18’s paint scheme for the 2018 airshow season. The guys in Bagotville who paint these every year have got a really nice one this time around. Actually,every year they do a wonderful job.

A great photo here would be if we could get 4 cars with similar colours. A silver,a white,a red and,,,,ahem,my blue one in a shot together. This is the top side view.

View attachment 15257 Here’s a little teaser pic of the Canadian F-18’s paint scheme for the 2018 airshow season. The guys in Bagotville who paint these every year have got a really nice one this time around. Actually,every year they do a wonderful job. If we could get 4 cars with similar colours. A silver,a white,a red and,,,,ahem,my blue one in a shot together. This is the top side view.

Great suggestion Mike. This is the type of idea that may make for something that the Air Force organizers might embrace in lieu of our "borrowing" a few aircraft for our photo op.
It is my understanding that there may be a Base Photographer involved and this is something that might be embraced for doing if that is the case.

actually @Bluvette75 is a part of this thread and this suggestion may automatically get to him :thumbs:

Last edited:
I've attached an updated registration form. Nobody gets onto the base without being pre-registered as the number of exhibitor passes need to be identified a couple of weeks in advance which is why the cut-off date is 30 June 2018. The military airfield is a restricted area and it is required to know who is bringing their car onto the ramp, especially as all cars must be in place prior to the 9am gates being opened to the public. In addition, the ramp entry location is not the same as for the general public, and the pass is required to get through that gate. More details at a later date.

There may be an older registration form out there with a cut-off date of 12 July but it's too close to the event to get everything finalized, so it was changed a couple of weeks ago.

Hangar space is going to be very limited and the hangar "Vehicle Display" will consist of some Corvettes and other cars/trucks being parked for the weekend and staying there. Once we have all the registration forms by June 30th we will be able to identify what cars will be in the hangar.

A unique photo shoot opportunity is being worked on for both the Air Force and the cars. Don't anticipate we will have lots of time for this photo opportunity as both the Base and the car owners will want to be involved and time will be limited since it is outside show hours in the evening. It is also dependent on how long military volunteers will be working after hours.

Off-base activities are still being coordinated for Friday afternoon/evening and Saturday/Sunday evenings. More to follow as we coordinate with the City of Cold Lake to finalize these details. If it all comes together as envisioned you won't be disappointed!

Attachments

• 2018 CLAS Vehicle Registration Form A.pdf
    274.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 2018 CLAS Vehicle Registration Form A.pdf
    274.2 KB · Views: 6
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread